Everyone (especially women) dreams to have a glowing skin but there are several problems like acne, blackheads, pimples, oily skin, whiteheads, scars, dry skin, certain skin problems, etc. will make your skin look aged, dull and damaged.
Dry skin is one major skin problem that makes your skin rough and dried very soon. Are you one among those people suffering from dry skin? Are you tired of spending a lot of time and money on beauty spas or salons for treating your dry skin but not getting effective long lasting results?
Then you are at the right place where you can find the best homemade face masks for treating your dry skin naturally. Before going into the face masks recipes, we will know the causes of dry skin. Environmental pollutants, stress, dry air, genetics, nutritional deficiencies, aging, excessive bathing, usage of harsh chemical based products, etc. are some causes for dry skin.
Using moisturizing lotions or creams constantly is not a possible thing due to some work pressures. However, there are many natural ways to deal with dry skin but do you know that face and hands are more prone to this dryness rather than other body parts.
So, have a look at the best face masks for dry skin that not only moisturizes the skin but also makes it smooth and glowing.
Homemade Face Mask for Dry Skin:
DIY face masks for dry skin will help you in clearing dry, chapped and rough skin with the natural ingredients without any side effects and at a low cost.
Let’s get started…
Remedy – 1: (Papaya and Strawberry)
Papaya is an amazing remedy used to moisturize your dry skin with its rich content of vitamin A and papain enzyme that helps to get rid of dead cells. Strawberries are filled with salicylic acid, vitamin C, aspartic acid, alpha hydroxyl acids, fiber, ellagic acid, folate, etc. that help you to get rid of many skin problems, including dry skin.
This combination will rejuvenate and hydrate the skin to prevent the dry skin. Here is a detailed process of applying this face mask for dry skin.
- Mash 2 ripe papaya and 2 large strawberries in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey, 1 cooked peach and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal in that bowl.
- Mix all these ingredients until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face as a mask and wait for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your face with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
- Dry your skin and apply a natural moisturizer to prevent the dryness and keep your skin hydrated and well moisturized.
- Repeat the same process regularly to get rid of dry skin.
Remedy – 2: (Honey)
Honey is a best natural moisturizer that packed with humectant, antioxidant, antimicrobial and skin soothing properties that help you a lot in dealing with dry skin. Regular usage of honey not only moisturizes and smoothen your skin but also enhance your natural glow.
Here are some best honey based face masks for dry skin, which you have to follow them regularly to get rid of dry skin.
- With Coffee – Coffee exfoliates the skin to make it soft and restore its moisture. Mix 2 tablespoons each of ground coffee and cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of honey in 3 tablespoons of milk to make a paste. Stir and spread it on all over your face. Rinse off after 30 – 40 minutes with water.
- With Butter – The fatty acids and vitamin A in butter help to moisturize the skin and enhance collagen production. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in 1 tablespoon of soft butter. Combine well and spread this creamy mix on the face as a thin layer and remove it after 20 – 30 minutes by using a warm wet cloth.
- With Epsom Salt – The magnesium sulfate in Epsom salt will moisturize your skin. Simply stir equal quantities (2 tablespoons) of raw honey and Epsom salt in a bowl. Gently apply this mix on the clean face and wait for 30 – 45 minutes to rinse it off. Dry your skin and apply moisturizer.
- With Oatmeal – This face mask will make your skin look supple and smoother without getting dry. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of oatmeal in 1 teaspoon of raw honey and strawberry pulp to make a paste. Spread it evenly on the face and rinse with plain water after 10 – 15 minutes.
- With Banana – Banana has essential vitamins and potassium that moisturizes your skin. Mash a banana and warm 1 tablespoon of honey. Then add 1 tablespoon each of oatmeal flour and heavy cream in this mix. Now add some spring water to thin the paste and apply it on the clear face (except eyes) and lie down. Rinse with warm and cold water after 15 minutes. Dry and moisturize your skin.
- With Egg White – Egg is a natural source of proteins and this combination will moisturize your skin well. Add 1 teaspoon each of raw honey and sunflower oil in 1 egg white. Stir and spread it on the face. Let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. You can also use egg yolk instead of white.
- With Yogurt – Yogurt smoothes and moisturizes the skin with its excellent moisturizing properties. Stir 1 mashed ripe banana and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Mix and spread on the face and leave for 20 minutes till it dries. Finally, rinse with warm water and dry your skin gently.
Read More on Honey Face Mask for Every Skin Problems.
Remedy – 3: (Natural Oils)
There are many natural oils that widely used from ancient days to moisturize the skin and to prevent dry or rough patches on the skin. Have a look at some best natural oils that deals with your dry skin.
Here are some ways on how to use oils for dry skin.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut Oil penetrates deep into the skin and moisturizes the skin with its essential fatty acids. It repairs and rejuvenates the skin with its rich content of vitamin E and other nutrients. Stir 1 inch of a mashed banana (ripe) and 3 drops of frankincense oil in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil by using a spoon or fork. Spread it on the clean face and rinse with water after 20 minutes. Dry and moisturize.
- Baby Oil – Both baby oil and mayonnaise is excellent moisturizers that prevent the body from becoming dry or cracked. Mix 1 teaspoon of baby oil in 2 tablespoons of real mayonnaise and spread this paste on the clean face, neck, knees or rough elbows. Wait for 20 minutes to rinse it off thoroughly with tepid water. Dry the skin and repeat it regularly.
- Vitamin E Oil – This oil is essential for maintaining proper skin care. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal and content of vitamin E capsule in 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and stir well. Spread this hydrating mask on the clean damp face for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse and dry your skin to apply a natural moisturizer (or) spread a mix prepared by stirring few drops of vitamin E oil in 1/2 a ripe banana on the cleansed face and rinse with water after 20 – 25 minutes.
- Apricot Oil – This face mask uses clay powder, corn flour and wheat germ along with oils that help you in the moisturizing dry skin by exfoliating the dead skin. Stir 1 tablespoon each of clay powder, apricot oil, corn flour, oil and wheat germ in a bowl. Add some water to become thin and apply it on the dry skin using a brush. Rinse with warm water followed by cold water after15 – 20 minutes. Apply moisturizer.
- Almond Oil & Macadamia Nut Oil – Macadamia nut oil contains palmitoleic acid that has antioxidant to support healthy cell membranes, hydrate the skin and moisturizes it. Separate an egg yolk and mix 1 tablespoon each of plain yogurt and organic honey (warm it), 1/2 teaspoon each of macadamia nut oil and almond oil in 1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal to make a smooth creamy mix. Spread it on the clean face and neck using a mask brush and rinse with cold water after 10 minutes. Dry and apply moisturizer.
- Olive Oil with Apricot – This oil has full of nutrients and exhibit natural humectant that moisturizes the skin to prevent dryness. Mash few apricots and warm some extra virgin olive oil. Stir together and apply it on the face by using fingertips. Massage gently and rinse off with warm water and cold water after a couple of minutes. Dry it and apply moisturizer. Or replace apricot with avocado, ripe banana or peach.
- Olive Oil with Honey – It exhibits vitamins (K & E), antioxidants, antimicrobial and skin soothing properties that help you in treating dry skin and aging signs. Mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil in 1 tablespoon each of yogurt, raw honey and oat bran. Stir well and smear this paste on clean face and rinse with water after it dries completely. Store the remaining mix and use it regularly.
Remedy – 4: (Avocado)
Avocado has an excellent moisturizing property that filled with fatty acids, vitamins (A, C & E), minerals and antioxidants that not only repairs the dry or damaged skin but also maintains or restores the silky smooth skin. It moisturizes and nourishes your skin to keep it well hydrated.
Here are few ways of using avocado for treating dry skin.
- Mash 1/2 ripe avocado and mix it with 1/4 cup of raw honey. Stir and apply it to the face with gentle massage. Wait for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse with a cool washcloth. Do it 2 – 3 times a week regularly.
- Mash 1 avocado into a smooth paste. Apply it on all over the skin where you suffer from dryness. Let it settle for about 10 – 15 minutes and rinse the skin with cold water. Repeat it once daily until you get complete relief from dry skin.
- Chamomile oil repairs and regenerates the skin. Watermelon hydrates and boosts collagen production. Peel and cut 1/2 an avocado into pieces and warm 1 tablespoon of honey in a double boiler. Mix some watermelon slices, avocado pieces, 1/2 teaspoon of chamomile oil, orange juice and olive oil in a blender. Blend all this into a fine paste and apply it on the face and rinse with warm water after 30 – 35 minutes.
- The combination of aloe vera and avocado helps to hydrate, moisturize and soften the rough and dry skin. Mash 1/2 ripe avocado and also warm 1 tablespoon of honey. Then mix 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, warmed honey, 1 teaspoon of almond oil (or coconut oil) and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel in mashed avocado. Stir to make a thick paste and spread it on the dry skin. Rinse with lukewarm water after 15 minutes and apply moisturizer.
Remedy – 5: (Aloe Vera and Cucumber)
This is another excellent combination that widely used to treat dry skin with its great moisturizing property. They not only hydrate or moisturize your skin but also promote elasticity. Both have a rich source of water and other essential nutrients that help to deal with dry skin.
- Peel and remove the seeds of 1/2 a cucumber and cut it into different pieces.
- Soak these cucumber pieces in enough aloe vera gel for few minutes.
- Then blend them into a paste to apply it on the face and neck by using your clean fingertips.
- Leave it for 30 – 45 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Dry your skin with a soft towel and repeat the same process daily to get rid of dry skin.
Note: Also, mix some coconut oil and shea butter in fresh aloe vera gel and apply it on the face. Rinse with lukewarm water followed with cold water after 15 minutes. Dry the skin and apply moisturizer.
Tips and Precautions:
- You can also use other natural remedies like mashed grapes, coconut milk, lemon juice and sugar scrub, brewer’s yeast with honey and hot milk, egg yolk with mango and butter, oatmeal, raw milk, brown sugar with olive oil, mashed banana paste, water diluted apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, plain yogurt, etc. on the skin to prevent dryness.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and well nourished. Consume a healthy diet that helps your body to stay hydrated from inside the body.
- Always remember that the usage of these face masks will not give instant relief but they give long lasting natural results in dealing with dry skin.
- Consult your doctor if you’re suffering from over skin dryness, as it can be a sign of any health or skin problems.
- Apply natural moisturizers at night before bedtime to grab maximum results of keeping your skin well moisturized.
- Protect your skin from external environmental factors like excessive exposure to sun rays, dry air, pollution, etc.
- Avoid taking bath with warm water regularly, sleep for 7 hours a day and perform yoga or meditation for getting rid of stress and thereby dry skin (or other skin problems).
Hope you’ll try these natural face masks for treating your dry skin. Do you know any other natural face masks for dry skin? Then share it with us in the below comments box.