Blackheads occur when the hair follicles clogged with oil, dead cells and other impurities that are exposed to air. They become oxidized and thus turns to black color.
It occurs most commonly on the face, especially on the nose. Though these are not harmful, they might lead to acne (if left untreated) and considered as a beauty problem.
So, to banish those blackheads on your face, try these natural and effective face masks regularly which are explained below.
Mask – 1: (Egg White)
Egg white tightens the skin pores and thus removes blackheads easily. It effectively clears dust, impurities and excess oil from the skin’s surface to prevent blackheads.
Lemon and honey used in this mask have antimicrobial properties that cleanse your pores, remove the dead cells and control the sebum production to clear blackheads.
- Separate an egg white from 1 egg and whip it.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in it.
- Stir well and apply it on the face as a mask by concentrating more on blackheads.
- Leave it for few minutes to dry completely and rinse it off with warm water followed with cold water.
- Dry the skin and apply moisturizer to it.
- Repeat the same process regularly till you cleared all the blackheads.
- Apply egg white on the blackheads affected areas. Place a strip of facial tissue over it and apply a second layer of egg white over the tissue. Let it sit for few minutes to get dry. Now peel off the tissue and wipe off any residue with warm wash cloth.
- Or add few drops of fresh lemon juice in the above peel off mask for best results.
Mask – 2: (Baking Soda)
Baking soda exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells, excess oil and other impurities. It also neutralizes the skin and unclogs the skin pores to prevent blackheads.
Milk in this mask has lactic acid that cleanses the pores and exfoliates the skin. So, this mask is very effective in treating blackheads.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1/4 cup of milk to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your wet face by focusing more on blackheads, using circular motions.
- Leave it on for few minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Regular follow – up of this process for 2 – 3 times a week will help to prevent blackheads.
Note: Or mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 teaspoon of honey (or water) to make a thick paste. Apply it on the blackheads affected areas and rinse off after few minutes.
Mask – 3: (Clay Mask)
Clay acts as a natural skin purifier that eliminates the dust, excess oil and thereby blackheads. It is a most popular mask used to remove blackheads and also shrinks your skin pores.
- Place enough clay powder in a bowl and add some apple cider vinegar in it.
- Stir well to make a paste and apply a thin layer on the blackhead affected areas by using a brush.
- Let it dry completely for few minutes till you feel your skin tightening.
- Then rinse off with water and pat dry the skin.
- Apply moisturizer and repeat this mask regularly for once or twice a day.
Mask – 4: (Yogurt with Oatmeal)
Oatmeal exfoliates the skin and clears your skin pores by removing oil, dead cells and other impurities. Yogurt has probiotics that help to tighten the skin pores and prevents the attack of free radicals on the skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 3 tablespoons of yogurt, 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and olive oil.
- Stir well and apply it on the clean face by concentrating more on the blackheads.
- Let it sit for few minutes till the mask gets dried completely.
- Then rinse your face with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
- Dry your skin and apply your face moisturizer.
- Repeat the same process regularly till you cleared blackheads.
Note: Or mix fresh lemon juice and yogurt. Apply it on blackheads.
Mask – 5: (Charcoal)
Activated charcoal will absorb all the impurities from the skin pores and clear blackheads by unclogging the pores.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of activated charcoal and 1/2 teaspoon of bentonite clay in 1 ½ teaspoons of water.
- Stir well and apply it as a mask on the face.
- Leave it to dry thoroughly for few minutes till you feel tight on the skin.
- Then peel off the mask to remove the blackheads.
- Wipe your face with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
- Dry it and apply moisturizer to get rid of the problem.
Note: Or mix activated charcoal powder with some mint oil and a little of glue. Stir well and spread this as a mask on the skin. Let it dry for few minutes and peel off gently to remove the blackheads.
Tips and Precautions:
- Also, use some home remedies like mashed papaya with gram flour, scrub with fresh lemon juice, tomato pulp, mint tea with turmeric and gelatin peel off mask, milk and gelatin peel off mask, honey or honey with lemon or cinnamon, etc. to get rid of blackheads.
- The face pack should have salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), etc. will give you the best results against blackheads.
- Never ever pick or pop the blackheads with your fingers, as the dirt or bacteria get into the pores and makes it worse.
- Cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing are the best things you have to follow regularly to make your skin problem free.
- For best results, you have to steam your face for few minutes to open up the clogged skin pores and then apply these face masks.
- Also, rinse your face with lukewarm water followed by cold water to get close the pores and to make it fresh.
- Rinse your face and neck before going to sleep to remove any dust or makeup on it, which further leads to blackheads.
- Drink plenty of water, avoid oily or processed fast foods, follow some skin care hygiene and exercise regularly to prevent blackheads now and then.
Try these homemade facial masks for removing your blackheads and let me know which mask worked well for you in the comments box.