Blackheads occur when the hair follicles clogged with oil, dead cells and other impurities that are exposed to air. They become oxidized and thus turns to black color.
It occurs most commonly on the face, especially on the nose. Though these are not harmful, they might lead to acne (if left untreated) and considered as a beauty problem.
So, to vanish those blackheads on your face, try these natural and effective face masks regularly which are explained below.
Mask – 1: (Egg White)
Egg white tightens the skin pores and thus removes blackheads easily. It effectively clears dust, impurities and excess oil from the skin’s surface to prevent blackheads.
Lemon and honey used in this mask have antimicrobial properties that cleanse your pores, remove the dead cells and control the sebum production to clear blackheads.
- Separate an egg white from 1 egg and whip it.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in it.
- Stir well and apply it on the face as a mask by concentrating more on blackheads.
- Leave it for few minutes to dry completely and rinse it off with warm water followed by cold water.
- Dry the skin and apply moisturizer to it.
- Repeat the same process regularly till you cleared all the blackheads.
- Or perform deep cleaning peel off mask by separating egg white from an egg and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to it. Whisk and apply it on the blackhead affected skin areas. Place a strip of facial tissue over it and apply another coat of egg white mixture over the tissue. Leave for few minutes to get dry. Now peel off the tissue and wipe off any residue with warm wash cloth.
- Or simply use egg white as your peel off mask for clearing blackheads.
Check out more on How to Remove Blackheads using Egg Whites
Mask – 2: (Baking Soda)
Baking soda exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells, excess oil and other impurities. It also neutralizes the skin and unclogs the skin pores to prevent blackheads.
Milk in this mask has lactic acid that helps to exfoliate the skin and cleanse the skin pores. So, this mask will pull off the ugly blackheads and enhance your natural beauty.
- Mix 1 – 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1/4 cup of milk to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your wet face by focusing more on blackheads, using circular motions.
- Leave it on for few minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Regular follow – up of this process for 2 – 3 times a week will help to prevent blackheads.
Note: Or mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 teaspoon of honey (or water) to make a thick paste. Apply it on the blackheads affected areas and rinse off after few minutes.
Read More on How to Deal with Blackheads using Baking Soda.
Mask – 3: (Clay Mask)
Clay acts as a natural skin purifier that eliminates the dust, excess oil and thereby blackheads. It is a most popular mask used to remove blackheads and also shrinks your skin pores.
- Place enough clay powder in a bowl and add some apple cider vinegar in it.
- Stir well to make a paste and apply a thin layer on the blackhead affected areas by using a brush.
- Let it dry completely for few minutes till you feel your skin tightening.
- Then rinse off with water and pat dry the skin.
- Apply moisturizer and repeat this mask regularly for once or twice a day.
Mask – 4: (Yogurt with Oatmeal)
Oatmeal exfoliates the skin and clears your skin pores by removing oil, dead cells, and other impurities. Yogurt has probiotics that help to tighten the skin pores and prevents the attack of free radicals on the skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 3 tablespoons of yogurt, 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply it on the clean face by concentrating more on the blackheads.
- Let it sit for few minutes till the mask gets dried completely.
- Then rinse your face with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
- Dry your skin and apply moisturizer to your face.
- Repeat the same process regularly till you removed those black spots on the skin.
Note: Or mix fresh lemon juice and yogurt in a bowl and apply it on blackheads to clear them.
Mask – 5: (Charcoal)
Activated charcoal will absorb all the impurities from the skin pores and clear blackheads by unclogging the pores.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of activated charcoal and 1/2 teaspoon of bentonite clay in 1 ½ teaspoons of water.
- Stir well and apply it as a mask on the face.
- Leave it to dry thoroughly for few minutes till you feel tight on the skin.
- Then peel off the mask to remove the blackheads.
- Wipe your face with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
- Dry it and apply moisturizer to get rid of the problem.
Note: Or mix the activated charcoal powder with some mint oil and a little of glue. Stir well and spread this as a mask on the skin. Let it dry for few minutes and peel off gently to remove the blackheads.
Other than Facial Masks for Blackheads, you can also try some peel off masks for removing your blackheads effectively. Here are some best Peel off Masks that widely used to remove blackheads and tighten the skin pores.
Peel Off Mask – 1: (Milk with Gelatin)
In this peel off mask, we are using milk and gelatin. Milk cleanses the skin pores and makes the skin glow naturally. Gelatin in this method seeps into the pores to clear blackheads by removing dead skin.
This milk and gelatin pore peel off mask will remove facial hair, blackheads, and whiteheads along with keeping the skin soft and glow.
- Mix 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk in 1 tablespoon of gelatin in a bowl till the gelatin mixed well in milk.
- Then warm the mix in the microwave (double boiler) till you get a creamy consistency.
- Or simply pour hot milk directly into the gelatin and stir well.
- Let it cool for few seconds and apply this warm mix on the face carefully that not to apply near the eyebrows by using your clean fingertips or popsicle stick.
- Allow it to sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and peel off the mask in the upward direction.
- Be gentle on your skin and rinse off the remaining residue.
- Dry your skin and apply a toner and moisturizer to soothe the skin and to protect it from drying.
- Repeat it whenever you suffer from blackheads.
Note: Or stir 1 tablespoon each of raw honey and milk and warm it in the microwave for about 10 seconds till you get thick and sticky nature. Wait to cool and apply the mix on the face. Peel off the mask after 20 – 30 minutes and rinse it off with water.
Peel Off Mask – 2: (Turmeric with Mint and Gelatin)
Turmeric has antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that control the excess sebum and cleanse the skin pores. Mint gives you a soothing relief from irritation and loosens the skin pores. Gelatin gives sticky nature to the mask, which helps to pull off the mask easily to clear blackheads.
- Prepare mint tea by boiling few fresh mint leaves in 1 cup of water and strain it.
- Then take 2 tablespoons of mint tea and add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of gelatin in it.
- Stir well and let it cool to reach warm.
- Apply it on the nose and other blackhead affected areas of the skin.
- Wait for 15 minutes to peel off the mask and thereby to get rid of blackheads.
- Finally, rinse your face with water and apply a moisturizer to keep your skin free from blackheads and dryness.
Tips and Precautions:
- Also, use some home remedies like mashed papaya with gram flour, scrub with fresh lemon juice, tomato pulp, honey, honey with lemon or cinnamon, etc. to get rid of blackheads.
- The face pack which has salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), etc. will give you the best results against blackheads.
- Never ever pick or pop the blackheads with your fingers, as the dirt or bacteria from hands will get into the pores and makes it worse.
- Cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing are the best things you have to follow regularly to make your skin problem free.
- For best results, you have to steam your face for few minutes to open up the clogged skin pores and then apply these face masks.
- Also, rinse your face with lukewarm water followed by cold water to get close the pores and to make it fresh.
- Rinse your face and neck before going to sleep to remove any dust or makeup on it, which further leads to blackheads.
- Drink plenty of water, avoid oily or processed fast foods, follow some skin care hygiene and exercise regularly to prevent blackheads now and then.
Try these homemade facial masks for removing your blackheads and let me know which mask worked well for you by sharing your experience in the below comments box.