Are you suffering from sagging skin on the face? Wrinkles, sagging skin, fine lines, crow’s feet, dry skin, etc. are the signs of aging. We all have to go through these stages quite commonly but most of us will face these signs or symptoms of aging at any early age.
The elastin and collagen structure of the skin will lose their elasticity and thereby the skin loses its self-moisturizing property and thus makes it look loose and saggy. Also, do you know that aging will weaken the facial muscles and thus results in sagging of the skin?
However the major reason for sagging skin is aging but there are some other triggers like obesity, poor & unhealthy diet, usage of wrong or chemical based harsh skin care products, rapid weight loss, excessive smoking, excessive exposure to the harmful sun rays, pregnancy, stress, dehydration, alcoholic beverages, environmental pollutants, etc. that make your skin look old.
Aging signs occur on all over the skin but face is the major and first to notice these signs. The aging signs will make your skin look paler and translucent (sensitive). Worrying about your aging signs and want to look young and beautiful without any sagging skin?
Then here we are providing you some amazing natural remedies which you can practice at home to tighten your skin (especially facial skin) without any side effects or parlor visits.
Home Remedies to Tighten your Skin:
Here are the best home remedies that tighten your skin naturally. All you need is to follow them regularly until you notice skin tightening.
Remedy – 1: (Egg White)
The albumin protein and other essential nutrients in eggs will help to tighten your skin by improving the skin’s elasticity. It helps to rebuild the skin cells and makes your look young and glows naturally. The hydro lipids are the skin nourishing ingredients in egg white that help to lift your loose skin and thereby tightens your skin.
It has riboflavin that helps to remove the free radicals and toxins damaging your skin and causing wrinkles or fine lines. Here are few ways of using eggs for skin tightening.
- Take 2 eggs and separate egg whites from it. Whisk it to make it as a foamy texture and then apply it on the face and neck using a clean cotton ball. Leave it for 20 – 25 minutes and wash it with cool water. Repeat it twice a week to get the firm and radiant skin.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (cleanses your skin) and 1 egg white in a bowl. Whisk and apply it on the clean face and neck. Wait for 20 – 30 minutes to rinse your face and neck thoroughly. Dry the skin and continue applying this mask for twice a week to tighten your skin.
- Apply a face mask, which is prepared by stirring 2 tablespoons of honey (moisturizes and rejuvenate the skin cells) in 1 egg white mix on your face. Let it mask sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with water. Dry your skin and do it thrice a month.
- Sugar exfoliates, yogurt moisturizes and egg tightens the skin pores. So, this combination is an excellent remedy for skin tightening, as it cleanses, moisturizes and reverse the aging signs. Whisk 1 egg white and 1/8 teaspoon of sugar in 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Stir and apply it on the face. Rinse with lukewarm water after it dries completely.
- Fuller’s earth removes excess oil from the skin and thereby stimulates proper blood circulation in the face. This combination will not only tighten your skin but also make it beautiful. Stir 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth in 1 tablespoon of honey (or glycerin) and add 1 egg white. Mix and spread it on the face as a pack. Rinse with lukewarm water after 20 – 25 minutes. Repeat regularly for twice a week.
- Gram flour tightens the skin effectively. So, stir some gram flour in 1 egg white until it forms a fine paste. Apply it on the face as a mask and let it dry naturally. Rinse with water and do it thrice a week regularly. You can also use it to get rid of sagging skin on the neck, arms, and breasts.
Know More about How to Clear Wrinkles on Face using Egg White.
Remedy – 2: (Lemon)
Lemon exhibits the astringent property that helps to tighten your skin and thereby reduce the signs of premature aging. The rich content of vitamin C helps to boost up the collagen production and thereby restores the skin’s elasticity.
Here are few ways of using lemon for facial skin tightening.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice freshly and use this juice to rub on your face and neck gently. Wait for about 5 – 10 minutes and rinse off with water. Continue this lemon juice application regularly for 2 – 3 times daily followed with a good moisturizer.
- If you’re having a dry or sensitive skin, then dilute 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice to 1 cup of cold water. Splash it on the fresh face and let it dry naturally. Repeat it regularly for once or twice daily to tighten your skin.
- Banana has rich content of essential minerals and vitamins which help to smooth and moisturize your skin. Banana in this process is used to reduce the acidic nature of the lemon. Mash 1 ripe banana and squeeze few drops of fresh lemon juice to it and stir well. Spread it on the face and neck and wash it off after 15 minutes with water. Repeat it twice a week on regular basis.
- Castor oil enhances your collagen and elastin production and thereby keeps the skin firm and smooth. Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 1 – 2 tablespoons of castor oil and stir well. Use it to massage your face and neck in the upward circular motions for few minutes. Leave for overnight and wash your face with lukewarm water followed by cool water.
- Honey has hydrating and anti-aging properties help to tighten your skin. Mix 2 – 3 teaspoons of honey and few drops each of olive oil and lemon juice. Apply it on the clean face and neck and leave it dry for few minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Repeat it once or twice daily for best results.
Remedy – 3: (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera has rich content of malic acid, phytochemicals and vitamin E that helps to improve the skin’s elasticity and thereby tightens the skin. It not only tightens your loose skin but also soothes moisturizers, nourishes and protects it from external triggers.
Here are some ways to use aloe vera for skin tightening.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel. Slather it on the clean face and neck and wait for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash your skin with lukewarm water and repeat the same process for several times a week until you notice perfect skin tightening.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of honey and mayonnaise in 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel to make a fine paste. Apply it on the freshly washed face and neck and wait for 15 – 20 minutes to wash your face with warm water followed by cold water. Do it once a week on regular basis.
Remedy – 4: (Cucumber)
Cucumber is another effective natural remedy that widely used to tighten the loose and saggy skin. It acts as a natural skin toner that helps to refresh and rejuvenate your skin.
Here are some ways of using cucumber for facial skin tightening.
- Take 1/2 a cucumber and grind it. Squeeze its juice by using a strainer and apply this fresh juice on your clean face and neck. Let it sit for few minutes until it dries completely. Wash the applied areas with cool water and repeat the same process for once daily until you tighten your skin.
- Stir 1 tablespoon each of plain yogurt and grated cucumber and spread this mix on your clean face and neck for about 10 – 15 minutes. Wash it off after 10 – 15 minutes with lukewarm water and continue this application for several times a week regularly.
- Prepare a face mask by mixing an egg white with 3 – 5 drops of vitamin E oil and 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice. Spread it on your face and neck and rinse with cool water after 15 minutes. Apply this mask for once a week on regular basis.
- Mix 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of powdered milk and 1/2 each of avocado and cucumber (peeled & chopped) until it becomes a smooth paste. Refrigerate it for an hour and then apply this mix on the face and neck. Rinse the skin with warm water and splash some cool water after 30 – 40 minutes.
- Rosemary oil improves blood circulation and enhances the fibroblasts with its antioxidants and thereby improves the skin’s elasticity. This combination is very effective in slowing down the aging process. Peel 1/2 cucumber and grind it till you get a smooth liquid. Then add 1 tablespoon of rosemary oil and stir well. Apply it on the face and other sagged skin and rinse off after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it twice weekly.
Remedy – 5: (Oil Massage)
Regular massage of your skin with natural oils will definitely help you in tightening the loose saggy skin also keep it soft, smooth and well moisturized.
You can use natural oils like olive oil, mustard oil, coconut oil, almond oil, vitamin E oil, avocado oil, fish oil, primrose oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, etc. will help you in treating the loose and saggy skin.
- Slightly warm some natural oil either in a microwave or in a double boiler.
- Apply it on the face at night before bedtime.
- Massage gently with your fingertips in circular motions for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Leave it for overnight and rinse your face with lukewarm water followed by cool water to close the skin pores.
- Repeat it regularly in every night before bedtime.
Remedy – 6: (Rose Water)
Rose water has a natural astringent property that tones your skin and tightens the loose skin. It effectively maintains clear and glowing skin.
Here are some ways of using rose water for tightening your skin.
- Take enough rose water and apply it on the clean face and neck at night before bed time. Leave it for overnight to tighten the skin pores and prevent the premature signs of aging. Rinse in the morning to get relief from sagging skin.
- Stir 1 teaspoon each of witch hazel and fresh lemon juice and 5 – 7 drops of almond oil in 1 cup of rose water. Stir well and apply it on the clean face and neck and rinse off with water after 15 – 20 minutes.
Remedy – 7: (Cinnamon)
Cinnamon will accelerate the production of collagen and thereby tightens your sagging skin.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and cinnamon powder and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar or salt in a bowl.
- Then mix it with enough olive oil till it forms a fine scrub paste.
- Use this mix to scrub your face and neck areas for few minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and repeat this scrubbing process for once or twice a week regularly.
Remedy – 8: (Strawberries)
Strawberries work as astringent on the skin and have rich content of vitamin C and antioxidants that help to boost up the production of collagen fibers which help to keep the skin smooth and firm. It contains alpha hydroxyl acids that reduce or lessen the appearance of aging skin.
- Take 2 – 3 ripe strawberries and mash it thoroughly.
- Then mix 2 teaspoons each of honey and yogurt to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the clean face and neck and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water followed with cool water and pat dry your skin.
- Repeat the same process once daily until you get relief from sagging skin.
- Also, you can include strawberries in your daily diet to tighten your skin and to make it glow naturally.
Remedy – 9: (Papaya & Rice Flour)
The vitamin E and papain enzyme in papaya help to boost up the collagen production and thus promotes skin’s elasticity and firmness. This combination enhances skin regeneration and heals the inflammatory problems of the skin, makes it glow with an even skin tone and lessens pigmentation.
- Take 1 ripe papaya and mash it finely in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of rice flour and 2 tablespoons of raw honey in the bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply this paste on the clean face and neck.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after 20 – 25 minutes and pat dry your skin.
- Repeat it regularly until you get relief from the sagging skin.
Note: Or cabbage contains potassium, phosphorus, and vitamins (A, B & C) that help to reduce and prevent loose facial skin. Grind 2 – 3 cabbage leaves and mix 2 tablespoons of rice flour along with few drops of almond oil. Stir and apply it on the skin and rinse with tepid water after it dries naturally.
Remedy – 10: (Besan and Curd)
Besan exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin, tan and zits and thereby brightens your skin complexion and tones. Curd moisturizes and nourishes the skin and this combination improves blood circulation and tightens your skin and removes dullness and aging.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of besan (gram flour) and curd in a bowl till it forms a fine paste.
- Apply this mix as a thick layer on the clean face.
- Leave it for few minutes till it dries naturally and rinse it off with water.
- Regular follow up of this mix will definitely help you to get rid of the problem.
Tips and Precautions:
- Perform some facial muscle exercises for twice daily for not only tighten your skin but also make it function properly and get a natural inner glow.
- Regular exfoliation of the skin for once or twice a week will definitely help you to get rid of excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells and thereby prevent the attack of free radicals. This helps you to tighten your skin.
- ACV tightens your skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. Dilute 1/4 cup of ACV with 1/2 cup of water and apply it on the clean face and neck. Let it dry naturally and rinse with water (or) rinse your face with vinegar mixed water to tighten and look softer.
- Stress is one main reason for various problems, including sagging skin. So, sleep for at least 7 – 8 hours every night, perform yoga, meditation, and deep breathing exercises, etc. to get relief from stress and thereby tighten your skin to prevent sagging.
- Always use a sunscreen with a strong SPF of 15 or 30 while stepping out in the sun to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Also, make sure to avoid over exposure of your skin to the sun for long hours.
- Weight can also be a cause for this sagging skin or aging signs. So, reduce your overweight but not in a sudden or rapid way. The slow and steady way is the best and long lasting way to lose your weight without losing your skin’s structure.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages can also result in skin sagging. So, quit smoking and lessen your intake of alcoholic beverages as they enhance the aging process and make your skin look old at an early age.
- Avoid the use of harsh chemical based soaps, cosmetic products, facial creams, etc. on the skin.
- Refined sugars, oily foods, highly processed junk foods, carbohydrate rich foods, etc. will make your skin lose its elasticity quickly. So, avoid the intake of these foods in your daily diet.
- Drink plenty of water, consume vitamin C rich foods, fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your body and skin well hydrated and to remove toxins causing sagging skin.
- Applying honey mixed blueberries paste on the face and neck and rinse with lukewarm water after 30 minutes to nourish and tighten your skin.
- You can also apply other natural remedies like raw honey, sandalwood with rose water, honey with sour cream and turmeric powder, honey with yogurt and peach paste, rubbing alum, etc. on the skin will tighten it well.
- Make sure to consult your dermatologist before the intake of any supplement for your skin tightening.
All these home remedies and skin tightening tips will definitely help you in preventing and tightening your sagging facial skin along with remove puffy eyes and dark circles. But remember that these remedies will work effectively if you follow them regularly along with some healthy skin care regimen to get a youthful appearance.
Do you know any other successful remedies for tightening facial skin naturally? Then share your experience with us in the comments box.