Overweight or obesity is one biggest worldwide health problem. It puts the people at a higher risk of some serious health problems like cardiovascular, cancer, diabetes, intestinal problems, etc.
Lack of physical exercises, unhealthy diet, improper lifestyle habits, etc. are some main reasons for overweight.
Do you know that intake of herbal teas will reduce your overweight? Yes, they are very low-calorie beverages that reduce the overall intake of calories when used instead of higher calorie beverage. Here are some of its benefits for losing weight.
- Regular intake of tea will help to boost up your metabolism, which in turn burns your fat faster.
- It reduces the bad cholesterol level and aids in raising good cholesterol levels and thereby shrink fat cells to lose excess weight.
- They are low in calories which help you a lot in reaching your weight loss goal and also improves your overall health.
- It suppresses the appetite so that you won’t overeat the food and also avoid snacking in the meanwhile. It also reduces the craving for certain foods and helps you to cut down the calories.
- It aids in proper detoxification process to flush out the toxins from the body and thereby lose weight.
- They improve digestion, boost your energy levels and prevent tooth decay, arthritis and cancer other than weight management.
Let us know about some best teas that help you a lot in losing weight.
Amazing Teas for Weight Loss:
Herbal teas are easy to prepare and you can also grab many health benefits from the used tea bags. Have a look at these top teas that help you a lot in losing weight and thereby staying healthy and fit.
Tea – 1: (Green Tea)
Green tea is one of the best and most widely used teas for weight loss. It has catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) that makes green tea to act as a metabolism booster to burn calories and thereby promotes weight loss.
It also detoxifies the body to clear out the impurities and toxins from the body with its antioxidant property. Regular intake will slow down the weight gain by limiting the absorption of fat and thus increases the body’s ability to use fat.
- Place 1 – 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves in 1 cup.
- Then pour hot water over it and cover it.
- Let it steep for 2 – 3 minutes and strain the tea.
- Drink it by adding little raw honey to it and continue drinking it 3 – 4 cups of green tea daily.
- Or you can use green tea bag instead of green tea powder.
- Also, use black tea which is another effective tea for losing excess weight. Simply steep 1 – 2 black tea bags in 1 cup of hot water for 5 – 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags and add lemon juice or honey or stevia before drinking it.
Tea – 2: (Ballerina Tea)
Ballerina tea is also called as Dieter’s tea or 3 ballerina tea. It acts as a natural diuretic and laxative that helps to cleanse the colon and detoxify the body.
Senna (work as a cathartic laxative which relieves gas, bloating and constipation) and Chinese mallow (diuretic and anti-inflammatory that loses your weight) are active ingredients in 3 ballerina tea.
- Place 3 ballerina tea bag (or dieter tea bag) in a mug and pour 2 cups of hot water over it.
- Steep it for 3 – 5 minutes and take out the tea bag to drink the tea.
- Continue drinking it for a week and then reduce the water level from 2 cups to 1 cup.
- Repeat drinking this tea for thrice daily after meals to shed extra pounds.
Tea – 3: (Oolong Tea)
Oolong tea is enriched with antioxidants that boost up the metabolism and burn the fat more effectively. It also strengthens your immune system and regulates the blood sugar levels to lower your cravings.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of oolong tea to 1 cup of hot water.
- Cover and let it steep for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and cool it slightly.
- Sip it slowly and continue drinking this oolong tea for twice daily.
Note: Or mix 1 tablespoon each of green tea and oolong tea in 1 cup of hot water. Stir and steep it for about 5 – 10 minutes. Strain it drink this tea twice daily.
Tea – 4: (Detox Tea)
Detoxification helps to remove all the impurities in the body and make you slim and healthy. So, consult your doctor for specifications and needs to get detoxify and thereby to lose weight.
Fennel and hibiscus tea are for weight loss, milk thistle and dandelion for liver detox, cardamom seeds, black pepper, cinnamon and clove for colon and blood detox, green tea for metabolism and whole body detoxification.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of both fresh ginger and burdock root and add 1 tablespoon of dried mint leaves.
- Place all these ingredients in a tea strainer and pour boiling water into a tea cup with this strainer.
- Let the tea steep for 10 minutes or more till the tea turns to blue.
- Take out the strainer and add fresh lemon juice to it.
- Stir and drink it thrice daily with each meal to get rid of obesity.
Tea – 5: (White Tea)
White tea contains ECGC and polyphenols that prevent the formation of new fat cells and make it act as a fat blocker. It speeds up the metabolism and thus reduces the excess calories to lose weight with its caffeine content.
It also lowers the blood pressure and improves cardiovascular functioning to enhance the overall working condition of the body. It also acts as a natural appetite suppressant that cut down your excess eating or cravings.
- Boil water for few minutes till it reaches 180˚ to prevent a bitter taste.
- Then place 1 tablespoon of loose leaf tea or 2 white tea bags into the teapot.
- Fill the pot with boiling water for up to 3/4 inch of the rim.
- Let it steep for 7 minutes and strain it.
- Drink it by adding stevia or lemon juice of a spring of mint to your tea before drinking it.
Tea – 6: (Rooibos Tea)
Rooibos tea or red tea acts as a hunger halter that controls your appetite and makes you feel fuller for a longer time. It has a unique and powerful flavonoid called aspalathin that reduce the stress hormone which triggers hungry and storage of fat.
It is rich in polyphenols (antioxidants) that protect the body from the attack of free radicals. It is also low in calories, caffeine free and natural sweetener.
- Put 15 gms (1 ½ teaspoon) of rooibos tea in 1 cup filled with hot water.
- Cover and let it steep for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink this warm tea for thrice daily to get rid of overweight.
Tea – 7: (Pu – Erh Tea)
Pu-erh tea is made from the same leaves which are used to make green, oolong or black teas but the process is different. You should drink this tea an hour after completing your meals or else it results in weight gain rather than losing it.
- Place 1 gram of Pu-Erh tea (1 tea bag) and mix it in 1 cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for about few minutes and drink it to get rid of excess weight.
Note: Pu-erh tea can be steeped multiple times with high grades that can be brewed up to 10 times by increasing the brewing time.
Tea – 8: (Ginger Tea)
Ginger helps to treat many digestive disorders by producing enough digestive juices. It suppresses your appetite which makes you feel full. It also has an anti-obesity effect that helps you to lose weight healthily.
- Cut a fresh 1 – inch piece of ginger and place it in a cup.
- Then pour 1 ½ cups of boiling water in it.
- Cover and let it steep for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and squeeze 1/2 a lemon juice freshly into it.
- Stir well and drink it once or twice daily.
Note: Or simply add 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger in 4 cups of boiling water. Add 1 ½ tablespoons of tea leaves and steep it for few minutes and. Strain and add few drops of honey or lemon juice for 2 – 3 times daily.
Tips and Precautions:
- You can also drink other weight loss effective teas like dandelion tea, E – Z Herbal tea, parsley tea, yerba mate tea, fennel tea, garlic tea, lemon tea, peppermint tea, pineapple tea, senna tea, rose tea, chamomile tea, etc. to get rid of your excess weight.
- Always make sure to check the ingredients listed on the back side of the tea while buying it, to know whether is there any added sugars or sweeteners.
- Avoid the intake of caffeine for more than 50 mg, as it results in insomnia and weight gain.
- Always prefer to drink different types of tea flavors to prevent boredom.
- Consult your doctor or herbal practitioner before drinking any of these teas to know the exact time and dosage, as per your health condition.
- Other than drinking these weight loss teas, you have to drink plenty of water, consume a healthy diet in right time, get your enough sleep, exercise and do workouts regularly for a faster reduction of your excess weight.
- Pregnant or nursing women and children should avoid drinking certain teas like ginger tea, fennel tea, detox tea, ballerina tea, etc. should not drink.
- Also, remember that excessive consumption of any of these teas can interfere with the body’s absorption of iron content and also stains the teeth.
This is all about Best Teas for Weight Loss. Do you know any other successful teas for weight loss? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply