Tea is not only a beverage used for refreshment but it can be used to treat a variety of problems at home, especially health problems. Usage of a tea bag is not meant for only one time, as you can use pre-brew tea bags for getting many health benefits.
It has antioxidants, flavonoids, tannins, polyphenols, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help you to get rid of many skin and health problems. Make sure that you have to follow these methods regularly but not for one-time usage.
Read on to discover the amazing ways to reuse the old tea bags for grabbing those benefits.
- We all know how irritating is the sunburnt skin but don’t worry, used tea bags are very effective remedy for treating the sunburned skin.
- It soothes the skin, prevents blistering and relieves you from the irritation.
- Simply place few chilled used tea bags on the sunburn areas of the skin.
- Leave it for few minutes till you get some relief from the pain.
- Remove the tea bags and have your shower with cold water.
- Repeat the same regularly to get rid of the problem.
- Usage of these tea bags will also give relief from minor burns or stinging sensations.
- Or have a bath by placing some tea bags in your bath water. Soak in this water for 10 minutes to get rid of irritation caused by a sunburnt skin.
Tired Eyes and Dark Circles:
- This is a common complaint from many of us, which is caused mainly by spending long hours in front of computers or any other electronic devices.
- Tea bags have tannins that reduce the puffiness, dark circles and soothe the tired eyes.
- Refrigerate 2 used tea bags for few minutes and place them over your closed eyes.
- Leave it for few minutes and remove the bags to get relief to your eyes.
- Ouch! razor burn while shaving? Then use tea bags to soothe the razor burn and get relief from painful nicks and cuts.
- Simply apply chilled tea bag on the affected area and let it sit for few minutes.
- Remove the bag and repeat it regularly.
- Rather than using expensive chemical based products for darkening your hair, just try the tea bags and make your own natural dye.
- Steep 3 teabags in 1 cup of boiling water and then add 1 tablespoon each of rosemary and sage herbs.
- Stir it and leave it for overnight and strain it.
- After shampooing, pour this mix on all your hair and massage gently to saturate thoroughly.
- Don’t rinse and let it air dry naturally.
- Repeat for several times to achieve the desired results.
Note: Or condition your dry hair by rebrewing an unsweetened tea in 1 quart of water and use it as a final rinse after shampooing.
- Drain a boil without any pain by using a boiled tea bag.
- Cover the boil with a wet tea bag and secure it with a bandage or gauze.
- Leave for overnight to drain the boil.
- Remove it in the next morning and continue this process till you get relief.
Note: It also removes blisters and draws out any infections like cancer sores, cold sores, plantar warts, pinkeye, etc. from the body. It reduces pain and speed up the healing process.
Bleeding Gums and Toothache:
- Tea bag soothes the bleeding gums by reducing the pain caused by a lost or pulled tooth.
- Tannins in tea help constrict the blood vessels and stop bleeding along with reducing the swollen tissues causing pain.
- Place a cool tea bag on the affected tooth or bleeding gums.
- Press it gently and leave it on for few minutes to get relief from the pain.
- Remove it after few minutes and rinse your mouth with water.
Baby’s Pain from Injection:
- Tea bag helps a lot to stop your baby crying from recent inoculation shot. Tannic acid in tea helps to soothe the soreness.
- Simply wet a tea bag and place on the area where your baby had the injection.
- Gently hold it for few minutes to get relief from the pain on their arm.
Poison Ivy Rash:
- Poison ivy rashes can be healed easily with a strongly brewed tea.
- Dip a cotton ball in tea and squeeze gently to remove excess tea.
- Dab it on the poison ivy rashes and leave it for few minutes.
- Repeat it for 2 – 4 times daily to get relief from the poison oak rashes.
- Foot odor occurs due to many reasons like not proper washing and drying the feet, without proper ventilation, not changing the shocks regularly, etc.
- To get rid of the foot odor, just simply soak your feet in a bowl filled with strongly brewed tea (tea dipped in warm water).
- Soak for about 20 – 30 minutes and gently dry your feet to stop foot odor.
- Tea is used as a soothing mouthwash that prevents bad breath, toothache, cavities and other mouth pain.
- Mint is one such effective tea which has antiseptic and menthol that helps to alleviate the pain.
- Dip 1 peppermint tea bag in 1 cup of hot water and steep for few minutes.
- Then add a pinch of salt in this tea and use it as your mouthwash.
- Rinse your mouth to get relief from many teeth and mouth problems.
- Every woman knows how painful is their period time. But using tea will soothe the cramps caused during the period.
- Tea (especially chamomile tea) raises their glycine levels (an amino acid) that calm the muscle spasms and thus reduces the stomach and back pains.
- Brew a cup of chamomile tea by simply dipping a chamomile tea bag in 1 cup of hot water.
- Drink it once or twice daily at the time of your menstrual to get relief from the pain.
Indigestion and Upset Stomach:
- Tea is a super remedy to ease stubborn indigestion, relieves gas and thus gives relief from nausea and vomiting.
- Just brew a mint tea by using 1 tablespoon of mint leaves in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Strain the tea and drink it after having heavy meals for easy digestion.
- Intake of this mint tea whenever you’re suffering from indigestion and upset stomach symptoms will help you to get quick relief from the problem.
- Green tea boosts the fat burning hormones and has antioxidant property in which EGCG helps to reduce the excess weight.
- It has catechins, theanine, and other flavonoids that boost up the metabolism and aids in proper weight loss.
- Dip a green tea bag in 1 cup of boiled water and let it steep for few minutes.
- Remove the bag and drink it to get relief from the overweight.
- Regular follow-up will definitely help you to get relief from the obesity by suppressing your appetite.
Wrinkles and Aging Signs:
- Tea (prefer green tea) has anti-aging and antioxidant properties that improve skin’s elasticity and delays the signs of aging like sagging skin, age spots, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Pour stuff of 2 used green tea bags in a bowl and mix it with 1teaspoon of honey and few lemon juice.
- Stir well and apply it on the face and neck thoroughly.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after 5 – 10 minutes.
- Continue this face mask for once or twice a week till you got relief from aging signs.
Exfoliate the Skin:
- The rough texture of the contents of used tea bags will help to exfoliate the skin, which in turn removes dead cells, excess oil and other impurities from the skin.
- It also soothes the skin and gives an amazing glow with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Place the contents of 2 used green tea bags in a bowl.
- Mix with a little of olive oil and honey in it till it forms a paste.
- Apply it on the face and neck and leave for 10 minutes.
- Then scrub it gently using circular motions for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and do it for once or twice a week to remove impurities on the skin.
Tips and Precautions:
- Pre-brewed tea bags is used as a deodorizing hand scrub, especially after handling foods like onions, fish or garlic. Just pour tea on your hands and scrub gently to remove the lingering scents.
- Tea has antioxidant property, so have an antioxidant bath by hanging few pre-brewed tea bags in the bath water to get relief from many skin problems.
- It is also used to cure certain problems such as cold and flu, dizziness, acne, stuffy nose, sore throat, headaches, gas, bloating and other intestinal problems.
- A pre-brewed tea bag can be used as a moisturizer to your skin and as a facial toner. Just wipe your face with the cooled tea bag brewed water using a cotton pad.
Finally, tea is much more than just a beverage. Try these tea remedies and let us know how they worked for you. Or do you think anything missed here? Then share it with us.