Turmeric (a golden spice) is not only used as a flavored spice in Asian cooking but also treats many health and beauty related problems with its amazing properties.
It exhibits certain properties like antibiotic, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties that help for your health and beauty problems like acne, psoriasis, scars, prevents upper respiratory problems, arthritis, whitens your skin tone, etc.
It has many nutrients like calcium (heals dry and withered skin), vitamin C (maintain skin elasticity with a buildup of collagen), potassium (moisturizes skin by hydrating skin cells), vitamin B6 (essential for generating new skin cells) and magnesium (slows down the aging process).
Due to many reasons, our skin is damaging and we even damage it more with the usage of harsh chemicals based cosmetics.
Today, let’s learn about how to make turmeric beauty products in the home. Here we cover the perfect skin care routine of cleanser, toner and moisturizer (CTM) using turmeric.
Turmeric exfoliates gently to remove dust, oil and dead cells. It penetrates deep into the skin and helps to remove the attack of free radicals on the skin cell with its antioxidant property.
Turmeric cleanser cleanses your skin deeply and thus prevents several skin problems if used regularly.
- Rinse your face with warm water to open up the skin pores.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and honey in 1 tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Stir well and apply it on the skin in an upward direction, using circular motions.
- Gently massage on all over the face (focus more on forehead and t zone area) and let it sit for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Then wipe off using a washcloth dipped in warm water to cleanse your skin thoroughly.
- Now close your skin pores by washing your face with cold water and dry your skin using a soft towel.
- Repeat it regularly to get rid of various skin related problems.
- Or use raw milk instead of coconut milk and fresh lemon juice instead of honey in this process.
- Alternatively, mix few drops of turmeric oil to your regular cleanser and massage it on your skin. Wait for 5 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Toner helps to balance the pH levels of the skin, unclogs the skin pores and brightens your skin. Regular usage will leave you skin look fresh, clear, radiant and glowing.
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 teaspoons of lemon juice in 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Stir well and use this toner to wipe your face thoroughly with the help of cotton balls.
- Avoid applying it on the sensitive eye areas and let it dry naturally for the next process.
- Be sure to test it once before applying and people with sensitive skin should reduce the lemon juice and increase the water quantity to prevent irritation.
When turmeric mixed with coconut oil then exhibits skin moisturizing properties along with enhancing the collagen production to prevent the formation of wrinkles.
- Add few drops of vitamin E oil in 1 cup of organic coconut oil.
- Whip coconut oil on high speed for few minutes to make it like a lotion.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder to it.
- Stir well and pour this lotion in a glass jar.
- Wait for few minutes and apply it on your face and skin as a moisturizer.
- Regular usage will help you to get rid of dry skin problem.
- Also, apply this lotion under your eyes will reduce the dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Or simply mix a pinch of turmeric powder to your regular moisturizer and apply it on the skin.
To know more about Turmeric Beauty Tips, Click here
Tips and Precautions:
- This basic skin care routine is used to remove the makeup, dirt, dead cells and other impurities clogging the skin pores and thereby resulting in skin problems.
- We all know the process starts with cleansing, then toning and after moisturizing your skin.
- Also, follow this turmeric process for 2 – 3 times a week for best results.
- Make sure to rinse your hands thoroughly before and after doing CTM process to avoid the spread of bacteria.
- It moisturizes your skin to prevent the dryness and other discomforts caused by it.
- Turmeric may cause some allergic reaction. So, it’s advisable to do a skin patch test before using this skincare routine.
Include these homemade turmeric beauty products in your skin care regimen and use it regularly. Do you know any other turmeric products? Then share it with us.
Leave a Reply