Loose teeth (or shaking teeth) are a common problem faced by both children and adults in these days due to their lifestyle and poor diet. These loose teeth can result in chronic gum diseases, gum recession, and bone loss.
If left untreated, then the periodontitis, an infection that damage the bones and soft tissues surrounding this loose tooth. Some common causes for this loose teeth include poor oral hygiene, osteoporosis, dental injuries (or fractures), gum disease with plaque, tooth decay, tooth abscess, usage of night guards, etc.
People suffering from loose tooth can experience red or swollen, pain, discomfort and bleeding (from the gums) on the affected tooth. It also makes you difficult to eat or drink anything.
Instead of using antibiotics or other OTC medications, you can choose some natural ways to set this shaking tooth straight and make it strong at home without removing this loose tooth.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Loose Teeth:
There are many home remedies that prevent the falling of loose teeth by strengthening it. Let’s have a look at these remedies and follow them regularly to get relief from these shaking teeth.
Remedy – 1: (Pepper and Turmeric)
Both turmeric and pepper will work best in treating these loose teeth by reducing the pain and swelling with its anti-inflammatory property. They also prevent the bacterial or any microbes getting into the loose teeth and causing infection with its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
Also, pepper will enhance the absorption of curcumin enzyme in turmeric by the body and makes it work best for treating the problem.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and black pepper in a bowl and stir them.
- Then place this mix on the gums where you suffer from looseness.
- Massage it for a couple of minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- Make sure that not to eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after removing this mix from the mouth.
- Repeat the same application for twice daily till you get rid of the pain and swelling caused by loose teeth.
Remedy – 2: (Amla)
Amla (or Indian Gooseberry) is another effective remedy that used widely to treat dental problems, including loose teeth. It strengthens your gums of the loose teeth and prevents it from falling. It helps in regeneration and healing of tissues and thereby tightens the teeth.
- Extract juice from 2 – 3 amla and then add some water to it.
- Stir well and use it to rinse the mouth for once a day.
- Make sure that not to drink or eat anything for an hour after rinsing the mouth with this mix.
- Regular usage of this mix as a mouthwash will treat your loose teeth problem.
- Also, mix 1 teaspoon of amla powder in 1 cup of water and use it to rinse your mouth for once daily.
- Or salt water helps to clear the bacteria from the mouth and strengthen the loose tooth. So, mix 1/4 teaspoon of salt in 2 tablespoons of water and use it to gargle your mouth. Rinse the mouth with clean water after gargling. Do it twice daily.
- Or thyme is a proven remedy to strengthen your shaky teeth. Gargle a mix of water and thyme root for a couple of minutes and rinse off with water.
Remedy – 3: (Mustard Oil)
The mustard oil helps in strengthening the gums and thereby prevents the teeth from falling down. The combination of salt and mustard oil will definitely help you in treating this loose tooth.
- Mix 2 – 3 drops of mustard oil in 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Stir well and apply this paste on the gums and massage gently on the affected tooth along with its surrounding area for a minute or two.
- Wash your mouth with cold water to remove this mix along with the pain or bacterial infection in that affected tooth.
- Continue doing the same for once daily till you get complete relief from the loose teeth.
Remedy – 4: (Garlic)
Garlic exhibits antimicrobial property to clear harmful microbes and thus prevent loose teeth which are caused due to an infection.
- Take a garlic clove and cut it into thin slices.
- Place these slices in between the gums of the affected shaky teeth and inner cheek.
- Leave it as long as possible and discard those garlic slices from your mouth.
- Rinse your mouth with water and continue doing the same for twice daily to prevent the teeth becoming loose.
Remedy – 5: (Oil Pulling)
Oil pulling (coconut oil) has many benefits for oral health, as this oil will absorb all the impurities from each and every corner and thereby clears harmful microbes inside the mouth. It also effectively clears the buildup on the teeth and gums and thereby strengthens and tightens the loose tooth.
- Place 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil into your mouth before brushing your teeth.
- Swish the oil all around the mouth for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Then spit out the oil and rinse your mouth thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Now brush your teeth as normally to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- Repeat it once in the morning to get rid of the loose teeth problem.
Note: Or you can also use sesame oil, olive oil or safflower oil instead of coconut oil for this oil pulling.
Remedy – 6: (Peppermint Oil)
Peppermint essential oil has pain relieving property that helps to give you a quick relief from the pain caused by loose teeth.
- Dilute few drops of peppermint oil and rub it all over the loose teeth.
- Massage gently for a minute and rinse off with water.
- Repeat the same process regularly till you get complete relief from the loose teeth.
- Or you can use diluted peppermint oil as your mouth rinse to clear the problem.
- Or prepare a homemade toothpowder by mixing 3 parts each of oak bark, peppermint, horsetail root, 1 part of cloves and 6 parts of comfrey root and use it to brush your teeth regularly.
- Also, oregano essential oil helps you in clearing the pain, inflammation and swollen gums. Simply apply some oregano oil directly on the gums of the infected tooth and rinse off after few minutes or mix few drops of oregano oil in a ½ cup of warm water and use it as your mouth rinse.
Remedy – 7: (Hydrogen Peroxide)
Hydrogen peroxide has an antibacterial property that eliminates the microbes present in and around the loose teeth and thereby prevents the formation of infection, plaque, and cavities.
- Take 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide (3%) into your mouth.
- Start swishing it all around the affected tooth for a minute.
- Then spit out the mix and rinse your mouth thoroughly with plain water.
- Brush your teeth and repeat it once daily to clear this problem.
Remedy – 8: (Diet Plan)
- Foods that have rich content of vitamin C will help you in getting rid of the pain and swelling. So, include vitamin C rich foods in your diet to maintain healthy gum and strong teeth.
- Both calcium and vitamin D are essential to maintain healthy teeth and bones in the body and their deficiency will lead to poor dental health, leads to shaky teeth. So, include supplements of calcium and vitamin D (Sunrays – sunrise and sunset) combined in your diet to get healthy oral hygiene and tooth retention.
- Feeling pain due to lose teeth then prevent the intake of solid food and consume a liquid diet like warm vegetable or chicken soup to supply the essential nutrients to the body and thereby to fight the infection.
- Drink plenty of water and other healthy fluids to stay hydrated and to prevent the bacterial action or formation of plaque on your teeth.
- Avoid the excessive intake of acidic fruits, which destroy the enamel of the teeth and thus expose the root to increase the sensitivity of the teeth and shaking.
Tips and Precautions:
- You can use white oak bark powder due to its astringent and antiseptic properties that tighten the loose teeth and stops bleeding from the gums. Apply a pea sized amount of this powder on the affected area and massage it. Rinse with clean water to prevent it. Also, use black walnut powder to the bark powder and apply it.
- Stay away from the junk food for a while and also reduce the consumption of sugary foods, unhealthy drinks, and chocolates to maintain the teeth run for a longer period.
- Regularly brush your teeth and massage your gums to prevent it from infection and swelling. This also helps to make them more resistant rather than loosen up.
- Rubbing or chewing avocado leaves on the gums will help to strengthen the teeth along with fighting cavities and other teeth issues.
- Clove oil helps to treat teeth pain and inflammation of gums. So, massage your gums with this clove oil for few minutes and rinse off after few minutes to fix the loose teeth naturally at home.
- Stay away from teeth whitening kits, as the bleaching agents wear away the enamel and weaken the gum tissues.
- Go for regular checkups to your dentist and follow the advice or suggestions given by your doctor to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Hope you will follow these natural home remedies for loose or wobbly teeth. Do you know any other successful home remedies for shaking teeth? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply