Every woman wants to have rosy and pink lips to enhance their beauty and make their smile pretty. But when the lips become dark, pigmented and dull, then it becomes a nightmare for women till they lighten their lip color.
There are many reasons for getting these dark lips such as hormonal imbalance, exposure to sun’s UV rays, allergies, smoking, excessive consumption of coffee or tea, usage of harsh chemical based (or low quality) lip care products, genetics, lip misbehavior, chewing tobacco, etc. which plays a major role in turning the rosy lips into withered blooms.
However, the usage of commercial cosmetic products will give instant results but lasts for short time (temporary) and makes you depend on them regularly. The usage of natural remedies will not be like that, as it takes some time to work but definitely gives best long lasting results.
Lemon is an incredible remedy helps you to achieve your dream of having pink and soft lips. Here, in this article, you will get a detailed explanation on how it works and how to use it for treating your dark lips.
Let’s get started…
How Does Lemon work for Dark Lips?
Lemons not only used to treat dark or pigmented skin but also help a lot in lightening your dark lips and make it shine with pinkish color with its amazing properties.
- It has bleaching property that helps to lighten the skin by clearing the dark pigmentation completely.
- It has a gentle exfoliating property that helps to clear the dead skin cells and other impurities on the skin.
- The citric acid and acidic natural of lemon help to clear the germs causing discoloration of the lips.
- The rich content of vitamin C in lemon will help a lot in reducing the melamine production and thereby clears the pigmentation to make your lips shine with its natural color.
- It heals the lips to get rid of its dark color, chapped and dry lips.
From the above properties of lemon, we came to know how it works for dark lips but to grab these benefits, we have to know how to use it for treating these pigmented lips.
How to Lighten your Dark Lips with Lemon?
Here are some best lemon methods for treating your dark pigmented lips and make them soft and pink. Have a look at these methods and follow them regularly till you get rid of dark lips and then occasionally to maintain those soft pink lips.
Lemon Juice – Extract few drops of lemon juice freshly and apply it on your lips. Massage for a couple of minutes and rinse off with water after 30 minutes. If you’re sensitive to lemon, then dilute lemon juice with some water before application.
Lemon with Sugar – Sugar helps to exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells and other impurities. This combination will help for the production of new and healthy cells. Cut a lemon into a slice and sprinkle some sugar on its top. Massage gently on the lips for few minutes and rinse off after 15 minutes. Do it for thrice a week.
Lemon with Honey and Glycerin – The combination of these ingredients will remove the tan (dark lips caused due to sun exposure) on the lips and moisturizes it. Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and glycerin in 1 ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Stir well and apply it on lips in every night before bedtime. Wash the lips in the next morning. Also, use only honey and lemon juice by excluding glycerin.
Lemon Juice with Castor Oil – Castor oil moisturizes the lips and forms a barrier to protect the lips from outside impurities. Stir 1 tablespoon each of castor oil and lemon juice and spread it on the lips. Wait for 15 minutes to rinse off with lukewarm water. Do it 3 times daily to get rid of the problem.
Lemon with Yogurt – The lactic acid in yogurt helps to lighten the dark pigmented lips. Mix equal quantities of lemon juice and yogurt in a bowl and apply it on your lips. Rinse with cool water after 20 minutes. Also, include honey in this mix before application. Continue this process once daily.
Lemon with Almond Oil – Almond oil is very effective in lightening, moisturizing and softening dark lips. Combine equal quantities of almond oil and lemon juice and apply it on your lips. Massage gently for 2 – 3 minutes and wash it off after 40 minutes. Do it 3 times a day till you cleared the darkness on lips.
Lemon with Cucumber – Cucumber has skin lightening property that helps to lighten and tone the skin. Combine equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice and use it to rub it on lips for 5 minutes. Wash it after 20 minutes and repeat it thrice daily.
Lemon Oil Lip Balm – This lip balm is used to clear pigmentation on lips and moisturizes it to prevent dry and chapped lips. Melt 2 tablespoons of beeswax in a double boiler and then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and few drops of lemon essential oil. Stir well and turn off the heat. Pour this mix into an airtight container. Use it as your lip balm daily after it gets cooled completely.
Lemon with Turmeric – Turmeric exhibits anti-microbial and skin lightening properties that kill bacteria causing discoloration and lightens the dark lips. Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and apply it on your lips. Wait for 20 minutes to rinse off with water. Do it once daily.
Tips and Suggestions:
- You can also mix lemon juice in egg white, milk cream, rose petals paste, coconut oil, etc. and apply it on your lips regularly to treat dark and pigmented lips.
- For best results, always use natural, fresh and raw ingredients to lighten up your dark lips.
- Make sure to scrub or massage your lips for few minutes with the above-mentioned methods to get well absorbed by the skin and thereby to clear the darkness on your lips.
- Always prefer to use fresh lemon juice (if not available, then use bottled juice) for applying it on your dark lips to make it rosy and soft.
- Never ever apply these lemon remedies on your chapped or cracked lips, as it causes irritation and stinging sensation. So, heal them properly and then apply these lemon methods for dark lips.
- If you’re a new user for lemon, then it’s best to conduct a skin patch test before using them regularly.
- Remember that you should avoid sunlight exposure for at least 3 hours after using lemon on the skin.
- Follow some lip care hygiene like removing lipstick before going to sleep, quit smoking and drinking alcohol, limit the consumption of tea or coffee, exfoliate your lips (along with skin) regularly, use natural or no harsh chemical based lipsticks, lip balms or lip gloss, etc. for preventing this dark lips problem.
- Drink enough of water and consume a healthy diet to keep hydrated and nourished.
- Use a lip balm (prefer natural ones like clarified butter or coconut oil) regularly to protect your lips from outside dirt and impurities.
- Protect your lips from harmful sun rays by applying a lip balm with good SPF to prevent the lips getting tan and lose their natural color.
Try using this lemon juice for dark lips. Do you know any other successful lemon methods that give natural color and life to lips? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply