However in these days, aging signs can also be triggered with environmental pollutants, sun exposure, excessive usage of makeup or commercial beauty products, dehydration, stress, improper skin care hygiene, smoking, alcohol consumption, poor diet, etc. will cause these nasty lines at a younger age.
So, instead of using these commercial chemical based skin products which may damage your collagen connecting tissues and weakens the elasticity but the usage of natural remedies will definitely help you in dealing with the aging problem.
Do you also experience the aging signs at a younger age? Then have a look at these amazing essential oils that effectively work to combat the aging signs and repairs the skin to rejuvenate and glow naturally.
Essential Oils for Aging Skin:
Essential oils – The aromatic oils that extracted from different parts of the trees or plants (fruits, flowers or barks) that offers a myriad of many health and beauty benefits for skin, hair, and body. One such skin benefits are that it delivers nutrients without clogging the skin pores and stimulate the collagen production to delay the aging signs.
Here we are providing you the best essential oils that widely used to reduce the premature aging signs naturally by rejuvenating the tired and dull looking skin. Let’s get started.
Essential Oils for Anti-Aging:
Essential oils improve blood circulation, stimulate the collagen production, reduces the attack of free radicals on the skin, regenerate the skin cells, lightens the age spots, tighten the skin along with lifting it and thereby delaying the aging signs (like fine lines, wrinkles).
Oil – 1: (Geranium Essential Oil)
Geranium oil is one of the best oil that is beneficial for both skin and hair. It exhibits the natural astringent property that tightens your skin pores, regulating sebum and tones & firms the aging skin.
It improves blood circulation and has an antioxidant property that steers the oxygen stealing free radicals that degenerate the healthy skin cells.
- Fill your bath tub with lukewarm water and pour 10 drops of geranium oil in it.
- Stir well and soak in this water for 5 – 10 minutes.
- This bath will lighten and protect your skin from dark spots or age spots.
- For best results, take this bath regularly to get rid of premature aging.
Note: Or simply mix 5 – 7 drops of geranium oil in 2 tablespoons of pure aloe vera gel. Stir and apply it on the skin where you are experiencing aging signs at night before bedtime. Leave for overnight and rinse your skin with water in the next morning. Do it regularly.
Oil – 2: (Lavender Essential Oil)
Lavender oil will work effectively in reducing the premature aging signs with its antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that delay the aging signs like age spots, sun spots, wrinkles, fine lines, etc. and regenerate your skin.
- Mix 10 drops of lavender oil in 2 oz of pure coconut oil (melted).
- Stir well and pour this mix in a dark glass bottle.
- Apply it on face and neck and massage thoroughly for few minutes to promote proper blood circulation.
- Regular follow – up of this lavender oil massage will help to delay the signs of premature aging.
Note: Or mix 1 drop each of lavender oil and lemon oil and 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil in 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil and apply it around the eye area as a soothing eye serum. But be careful that it should not get into the eyes.
Oil – 3: (Sandalwood Essential Oil)
Sandalwood oil helps to tighten and firm the skin with its antioxidant and astringent properties. It protects the skin from harmful sun’s rays. It has sesquiterpene compounds that improve circulation and promotes smooth and young skin. You can simply make face oil by using this sandalwood oil.
- Add 5 drops of sandalwood oil, 3 drops of geranium oil and 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil in an amber glass dropper bottle.
- Stir well and apply it on the face and neck.
- Massage gently and rinse off with water and for best results, use it as a part of your daily skin care routine.
- You can grab the young looking skin by applying this face oil at night before bedtime and rinse the skin in the next morning.
Oil – 4: (Myrrh Essential Oil)
We all know that the damage of free radicals is the major cause of the premature aging, including the appearance of wrinkles or fine lines at an early age. They also result in damaging the healthy skin cells and thereby render the dull and lifeless skin. The usage of myrrh oil will fight off the free radicals and prevent the formation of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Mix 7 – 10 drops of myrrh essential oil in 2 tablespoons of rosehip oil.
- Pour this mix in a blue glass bottle and shake it well.
- Apply it on the face, including under eyes and massage gently for few minutes till the oil absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it for few minutes to overnight and rinse with water.
- Continue applying this healing blend regularly to delay the aging signs.
Oil – 5: (Frankincense Essential Oil)
Frankincense oil tightens and firms the skin to prevent sagging and also reduces the appearance of scars, age spots, protecting the skin from free radicals, balance your skin’s pH and regenerate the skin cells with its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
- Pour 3 drops of frankincense oil, 4 drops of carrot seed oil and 7 tablespoons of jojoba oil in a glass dropper bottle.
- Stir well and apply this anti-wrinkle mix on your clean face and neck thoroughly.
- Daily application of this oil mix for twice daily for 10 days and then once in every two days will help to stimulate the collagen production and delay the wrinkles and other premature aging signs.
Note: Or prepare an anti-aging facial serum by adding 9 drops each of geranium oil and cypress oil and 6 drops of frankincense oil in 3 tablespoons each of rosehip seed oil and sweet almond oil in a glass bottle. Stir and apply it on the skin and leave it.
Oil – 6: (Rose Essential Oil)
Rose oil is not only a popular for its flowery or romantic scent but also it promotes the blood circulation and heals many skin problems including premature aging signs. It helps a lot in maintaining proper skin’s elasticity by stopping the breakdown of collagen and thereby delays your aging signs.
You can simply prepare a moisturizing cream with the combination of shea butter and rose oil that not only smells gorgeous but also provides deep hydration for your aging signs.
- Add 4 drops of rose oil in 2 tablespoons of shea butter and stir well.
- Store this mix in a small jar and spread enough mix on the skin where you’re suffering from premature aging signs.
- For best results, apply this moisturizing cream at night before bedtime on regular basis to get rid of the aging signs and rejuvenate the skin.
Oil – 7: (Carrot Seed Essential Oil)
Carrot seed oil has rich content of nourishing minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants (carotenoids) that help you in protecting the skin from the harmful sun’s rays and thereby delays aging signs. It rejuvenates the skin to improve the skin tone and to prevent aging signs by tightening the skin and promotes cell regeneration.
- Mix 5 – 7 drops of carrot seed oil, 3 drops of lemon essential oil and 3 – 5 drops of geranium oil in 1/2 cup of apricot kernel oil.
- Stir and pour this mix into a glass dropper bottle.
- Apply this anti-aging serum on the clean face, neck and other aging signs at night before bedtime.
- Leave for overnight and rinse off in the morning to get the youthful and glowing skin.
- Repeat applying this serum daily at night to delay these age signs quickly.
Note: Or mix 3 drops of carrot seed oil and 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil in 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel and stir well. Spread this mix on the clean face and massage gently for few minutes. Do the application of this moisturizer to clear the aging signs and refresh your skin.
Oil – 8: (Pomegranate Seed Oil)
In ancient days, this pomegranate is considered as the bible foods that heal many health and beauty related problems, including premature aging & its signs. The pomegranate oil is dark red color oil that has bioflavonoids that protect the skin from harmful sun rays damage by acting as a natural sunscreen.
Simply apply some pomegranate oil on the skin by mixing it with any carrier oil for few minutes and rinse off with water. Repeat it regularly until you reduce the aging signs. Or you can also use raspberry seed oil with the combination lavender oil instead of pomegranate oil.
Oil – 9: (Homemade Anti-Aging Serum)
This DIY homemade anti-aging serum helps to hydrate your skin with its antioxidant, antimicrobial and moisturizing properties that improve cellular communication and skin healing to prevent wrinkles.
- Mix 1/4 ounce each of jojoba oil, pomegranate oil, vitamin E oil and frankincense oil in a serum jar.
- Stir well and apply it on the skin where you’re experiencing aging signs.
- Massage gently for few minutes to hydrate the body and make it look young and beautiful.
- Repeat this application for few days regularly to get rid of wrinkles and other aging signs.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always remember that direct application of essential oils will cause irritation, itching, redness, and swelling. So, never apply it neatly onto the skin but you can apply it by mixing with some carrier oil (like coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, rose hip oil, apricot kernel oil, cypress oil, etc.)
- Use high-quality essential oils which are pure and safe for applying on your skin that won’t cause any side effects.
- If you’re pregnant or nursing or people using any medications for health problems then make sure to consult your health care provider first before applying these essential oils for treating aging signs.
- You can also use other essential oils like lemon oil (or citrus-based essential oils), clary sage oil, ylang ylang, helichrysum oil, rosemary oil, patchouli oil, etc. to improve the elasticity of the skin, regenerate the skin cell and thereby smooth wrinkles and fine lines.
- Drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet (with all essential vitamins & minerals) to hydrate your body and stimulate the collagen production to delay the aging signs.
- Quit smoking and stop the intake of alcoholic beverages to reduce the skin damage and aging signs.
- Apply a light oil free moisturizer after every application of the essential oils and also at night before bedtime.
- Enough sound sleep is one of the most powerful weapons that help the body to fight against the attack of free radicals, reduces your stress levels, rejuvenate and re-energize your skin cells to get rid of premature aging signs.
- Before stepping outside in the sun then make sure to apply sunscreen lotion to the sun exposed body parts to prevent the effect of harmful sun’s ray and to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other aging signs at an early age.
- Some essential oils will cause itching and burning sensation on the skin, if you’re having dry or sensitive then definitely do some skin patch test before using these essential oils as anti-aging serums.
- Practice yoga, meditation, deep breathing and exercises on daily basis for not only healthy but also for your beauty.
- Rinse your face regularly at night before bedtime to remove the dirt, dead cells, and makeup and follow some skin care hygiene to maintain proper skin care elasticity and thereby to undergo a natural aging process.
Giving up harmful habits that causing your skin to look dry, dull, tired and aged skin. Regular follow up of these natural essential oils will help you in dealing with premature aging of the skin and makes your skin look healthy and beautiful.
Let us know which essential oil you used in your anti-aging journey by sharing your experience with us in the below comments box.