The amazing thing in the world is that stress cause hair fall but people feel more stressed after seeing the hair loss. This receding hairline will make both men and women experience a heart wrenching and sleepless nights.
Improper hair care, genetics, hormonal imbalances, aging, nutritional deficiencies, over usage of chemical based hair products, etc. will some reasons that weaken and shrink the hair follicles and eventually results in thinning hair strands and thereby baldness.
In general, baldness is of two types – male pattern baldness (receding hair line around the crown area) and female pattern baldness (thins your hair across the centers of the scalp). Both men and women develop any type of these patterns.
Don’t get tensioned and use commercial hair care products to set your hair as normal. The only solution for this problem is to strengthen your hair follicles with proper nutrition and usage of natural remedies. In certain cases like baldness caused by genetics may not be cured completely but the process can be slow down and get relief from the problem.
Here in this article, we will discuss a successful remedy called castor oil, which is an ancient remedy that used widely for healthy hair growth.
Is Castor Oil Really good for Treating Baldness?
Castor oil is enriched with several properties that help your hair to re-grow in a healthy manner. Have a look at its properties used to treat baldness.
- Castor oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties that help you in dealing with scalp infection, which causes hair thinning and baldness. It effectively boosts up the scalp health and prevents issues like dandruff.
- It provides the essential nutrients required for the scalp and hair roots to boost its growth.
- The regular massage of castor oil will improve the blood circulation to all over the scalp and also balances the pH levels by flushing out the toxins from the hair follicles.
- It acts as an antioxidant property that supports the keratin protein production and thereby makes the hair grow strong and healthy without dry or frizzy.
- It has an excellent moisturizing property that hydrates and nourishes your scalp to prevent dry, itchy and frizzy hairs. It conditions your hair and eliminates issues like hair splitting and breakage.
- The rich content of omega – 6 fatty acids, proteins and vitamin E in castor oil will help to soothe the scalp and revitalize the hair shafts.
- It is an excellent remedy for restoring the natural color of the hair and thereby prevents premature graying of the hair.
- It has ricinoleic acid that helps to boost the production of Prostaglandin (PGE2), a compound used to promote hair growth from dormant follicles and thereby reverse the hair thinning and baldness.
How to use Castor Oil for Baldness:
You can use castor oil in many ways to get rid of baldness and here we have mentioned some best ways which you have to follow them regularly to get rid of the baldness and to enjoy healthy and gorgeous hair.
Method – 1: (Castor Oil)
The viscous nature of castor oil will hydrate your scalp and help the hair to re-grow healthy in a faster way.
- Slightly warm 2 – 3 tablespoons of castor oil for few seconds and apply it on your scalp.
- Massage gently for 10 – 15 minutes till the oil saturated all over the scalp.
- Make sure to concentrate more on the problem areas of the scalp where you’re experiencing hair fall.
- Leave it for at least for 30 minutes to overnight by covering your head with a shower cap.
- After that, rinse your hair with water and mild natural shampoo.
- Repeat the same castor oil application for thrice a week for best results.
Method – 2: (Castor Oil with Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil will lessen the thick consistency of castor oil and make it penetrate deep into the scalp to get well nourished and conditioned. This combination is an excellent remedy that strengthens your hair follicles and helps them to grow healthy.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of castor oil in 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Stir well and warm it slightly to apply this oil mix on all over the scalp.
- Massage your scalp gently for 10 – 15 minutes and concentrate more on the problem areas of the scalp.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to overnight by securing your hair in a shower cap.
- Rinse your hair with natural shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Continue this application for thrice a week on regular basis.
- Use almond oil or jojoba oil or argan oil or avocado oil or olive oil instead of coconut oil in this method to grab the same and effective results.
- Or mix 4 – 5 drops of tea tree oil in 2 tablespoons each of castor oil and coconut oil and stir well. Apply it on the scalp and massage gently for 10 – 15 minutes. Wait for 30 minutes to overnight and rinse off with natural shampoo and lukewarm water. Follow it thrice a week on regular basis.
- Alternatively, use rosemary oil to strengthen the hair follicles and regrow it healthy. Simply mix 2 teaspoons each of coconut oil and castor oil. Warm it slightly and stir 4 – 5 drops of rosemary oil in it. Apply it on the scalp and massage gently. Rinse with water after 20 – 30 minutes.
Method – 3: (Castor Oil with Lemon Essential Oil)
Lemon essential oil is an excellent source of vitamin C that helps a lot in boosting the collagen levels and promotes the hair growth. This combination will treat the scalp issues and moisturizes it and also this mix will smell wonderful by leaving your hair feels fresh.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon essential oil in 2 ½ tablespoons of castor oil and warm this oil mix slightly for few seconds.
- Apply it onto the scalp and massage gently for few minutes to ensure that oil spreads all over the scalp.
- Leave it on for about 30 – 45 minutes and rinse off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Do this process regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
Method – 4: (Castor Oil with Hibiscus Petals)
The usage of hibiscus will enhance the castor oil’s efficiency to strengthen the hair follicles and soothe the scalp to make it grow healthy. This combination also helps to prevent the splitting and breakage by nourishing and conditioning your hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of castor oil, almond oil and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Then add vitamin E oil from 2 vitamin E capsules and also add 10 – 15 crushed hibiscus petals in it.
- Blend all these ingredients and let it sit for overnight.
- In the next morning, apply this oil mix from the scalp to hair tips by massaging gently for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Leave it on for 45 – 60 minutes and rinse with mild shampoo and water.
- For results, perform this action for thrice a week on regular basis.
Method – 5: (DIY Hair Growth Recipe)
You can prepare some natural hair growth serum to stimulate the hair growth by strengthening the hair follicles and clears the fungal infections.
- Add 1 teaspoon of black cumin seed oil, 15 drops of lavender oil, 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary oil and 1/4 cup of castor oil in a glass bottle.
- Close the lid and shake the bottle well to mix all these oils.
- Now spray some water to dampen your hair and apply enough of this mix on the scalp and hair.
- Massage for 5 minutes and secure your hair with a warm towel or shower cap.
- Let it sit for few hours to overnight and wash your hair.
- Continue doing it for twice a week regularly.
- Or mix 5 – 7 drops of tea tree oil, 2 oz of grapeseed oil, 3.5 oz of olive oil, 8 drops of rosemary oil, 10 – 15 drops of almond oil, 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil, 1 oz of jojoba oil in 1 teaspoon of Jamaican castor oil. Stir well and apply it on the scalp and hair. Massage for few minutes and leave it for few hours. Rinse with shampoo and water and repeat for thrice a week.
- Or melt 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint oil and 1 teaspoon each of castor oil, tea tree oil and vitamin E oil in it. Mix and apply it on all over the scalp and rinse after 20 – 30 minutes with water. Do it 2 – 3 times a week.
Tips and Precautions:
- Jamaican castor oil is the best form of castor oil that used widely to provide effective results for getting thick and healthy hair.
- Do a simple trick of mixing few drops of castor oil in your hair conditioner and use it as normal to make your hair shaft healthy, soft and strong.
- Perform some hair care hygiene like rinsing your hair regularly (as dirty hair is the base for infections), limit the use of harsh chemical based shampoos and conditioners, avoid hair styling products, reduce the blow drying, etc. to prevent hair thinning and baldness.
- Follow a healthy diet that includes a rich content of iron, calcium, minerals, vitamins, potassium, omega – 3 & 6 fatty acids, etc. in your daily diet.
- Avoid rough toweling your hair when it is still wet, as it will result in breakage, split ends and thereby baldness.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the harmful toxins and also hydrate your scalp and hair.
- Castor oil helps for healthy hair growth in a longer run but not give instant results. So, if you want to cover your bald patches or thin hair instantly, you can use some Best Hair Loss Concealers.
Hope you find this article helpful in treating your baldness. Try this castor oil in clearing your bald spots on the scalp and enjoy healthy long hair. Do you know any other successful castor oil methods in preventing baldness? Then share your experience with us in the below comments box.