Everyone will agree that hair will enhance one’s physical appearance but in these days, hair fall is a common problem for most of the people, including men.
Hair loss, baldness, hair thinning, dandruff, split ends, etc. are some hair problems faced in these days due to many reasons like hormonal imbalance, stress, pollution, nutritional deficiencies, unhygienic hair care routine, genetics, allergies, usage of improper hair care products, etc.
Spending money on expensive commercial hair treatment and products will make hair fall even more but don’t worry there are many natural remedies for thickening your hair.
Home Remedies to get Thick Hair:
Here are some best natural and effective remedies that make your hair grow thick, voluminous and gorgeous. Regular follow – up will definitely give the best result in thickening your hair.
Remedy – 1: (Eggs)
Our hair has keratin protein and eggs are the rich source of proteins that make the hair strong and thick.
- Beat 1 or 2 eggs properly in a bowl, as per your hair length.
- Apply this egg mix on your wet hair thoroughly.
- Let it sit for about 25 – 30 minutes and rinse your hair with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Continue this protein treatment for once or twice a week on regular basis to thicken your hair.
Note: Or beat an egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of hair oil and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir well and apply it on the scalp. Massage for few minutes and rinse with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it once a week.
Also, Check How Egg treats Dry and Damaged Hair.
Remedy – 2: (Avocado)
Avocado moisturizes your hair and scalp and helps to thicken the hair with its vitamin E and essential nutrients content.
- Mash 1 ripe avocado and 1 banana in a bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it and stir well.
- Massage this mix on all over the scalp for few minutes.
- Wait for 30 – 45 minutes to make the scalp absorb the nutrients in this mix.
- Rinse your hair with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Continue it for once a week regularly.
Note: Or simply prepare a hydrating mask by mixing 2 tablespoons of wheat germ oil in 1/2 of ripe mashed avocado. Apply it on freshly shampooed hair and rinse with water and shampoo thoroughly.
Remedy – 3: (Olive Oil)
Olive oil helps to moisturize and hydrate your scalp and hair to prevent dry, frizzy and dandruff. It strengthens and softens your hair tresses along with removing the impurities on the scalp and hair.
- Slightly warm enough olive oil and apply it on the hair and scalp.
- Massage gently for few minutes and leave it for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse with mild shampoo and water and dry your hair properly.
- For best results, leave the oil on your hair for overnight and rinse your hair in the morning.
- Regular follow – up will definitely help you in reducing hair fall or thin hair.
Note: Or simply mix olive oil with honey and apply it on the hair. Wait for at least 30 minutes and rinse your hair thoroughly. Repeat it once or twice a week regularly.
Remedy – 4: (Fenugreek Seeds)
Fenugreek seeds have lecithin, nicotinic acid and other protein contents that stimulate your hair to grow strong and thereby prevent hair thinning or baldness. It strengthens the hair follicles and conditions your hair to restore its natural shine and softness.
- Pour 2 – 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water and soak it for 8 – 10 hours.
- In the next morning, grind these seeds to make a paste and add 2 teaspoons of coconut milk in it.
- Stir well and apply it on the scalp and hair and rinse with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
- Repeat it once a week regularly to get rid of dry scalp and to enjoy healthy thick hair.
Note: Or use fenugreek soaked water in overnight as your hair rinse to encourage your hair growth and to get rid of dry hair and dandruff.
Read More on How to Prepare Homemade Fenugreek Seed Oil for Healthy and Thick Hair.
Remedy – 5: (Indian Gooseberry)
Indian gooseberry (or amla) has antibacterial, antioxidant, exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties that help you a lot in maintaining the healthy scalp and increases the rate of hair growth.
Here are few ways of using amla for thickening your hair.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Heat it until boiling and mix well to apply it on the scalp at night before bedtime. Massage gently for few minutes and leave for overnight. Rinse your hair with shampoo in the next morning.
- Mix 1/4 cup of warm water in 1/2 cup of amla powder to make a fine paste. Let it sit for 10 minutes and apply it on the hair thoroughly. Rinse off with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Don’t shampoo your hair for few hours. Repeat it regularly for best results.
- Simply you can take Indian gooseberry fruit or its extract as your dietary supplement for healthy hair and skin.
Remedy – 6: (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera helps for healthy hair growth with its essential fatty acids, enzymes, iron, vitamins (A, B, C & E), glycoproteins and polysaccharides that help the hair to grow strong. It has a moisturizing property that adds natural shine to your hair.
Here are few ways of using aloe vera for thick hair.
- Extract the aloe vera gel from 1 – 2 aloe leaves and use it to massage the gel onto the scalp. Leave it for 30 – 40 minutes and rinse the hair with lukewarm water. Continue doing it once or twice a week to enjoy thick hair.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of coconut milk mix in freshly extracted aloe gel. Apply this mix on the scalp and massage gently. Let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes and rinse with water and shampoo. Do it once or twice a week on regular basis to get rid of hair thinning and hair fall.
- Daily intake of 1 tablespoon fresh aloe vera juice on an empty stomach will help you to get rid of hair loss and to enjoy thick hair.
Remedy – 7: (Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil promotes hair growth by moisturizing the hair and scalp and thereby prevents its breakage. It has essential fatty acids, iron, vitamins (E & K) and other nutrients that hydrate and boost up the proper blood circulation to strengthen the roots and thicken your hair.
Here are few ways of using coconut oil for getting thick hair.
- Slightly warm enough coconut oil and apply it on all over your scalp and hair. Leave it for few hours to overnight. Rinse your hair with mild shampoo and lukewarm water in the next morning. Repeat it once or twice a week.
- Stir 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice in 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and apply this mix on the scalp by massaging gently for 10 – 15 minutes. Wait for few hours and rinse off with water to keep your hair clean and healthy.
- Castor oil promotes hair growth with its high viscosity that protects the hair follicles. Mix equal quantities of coconut oil and castor oil and heat the mix slightly. Apply it on the hair and scalp and massage gently for few minutes. Cover your hair with a towel dipped in warm water. Wait for an hour and shampoo your hair. Repeat it for once a week to get rid of thick and lustrous hair.
Remedy – 8: (Henna Leaves)
Henna is not only used as hair conditioner but also thickens your hair. It adds natural color, softens your hair and makes it less prone to breakage.
Here are few ways of using these henna leaves for thick hair.
- Take a handful of fresh henna leaves and grind it with a little water till it forms a fine paste. Keep it aside for 2 hours and then apply it on the hair and secure it with a shower cap. Wash your hair after few hours with shampoo and dry your hair thoroughly.
- Mix enough water (or green tea) in henna powder till it forms a fine paste and keep it aside for overnight. In the next day, stir 1 raw egg and 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to this mix. Apply it on the hair and wait for few hours until it dries completely. Wash the hair with shampoo and water.
- Wearing gloves to your hands while using henna and apply this paste using a hair brush to prevent stains.
Remedy – 9: (Flax Seeds)
Flaxseeds are rich in omega – 3 fatty acids and proteins that help to promote your hair thicker naturally.
- Take 1/4 cup of flaxseeds and soak in water for overnight.
- In the next morning, boil the flaxseeds in 2 cups of water at high heat.
- Stir occasionally and turn off the heat till it thickens to a foamy jelly.
- Strain the gel and add few drops of essential oil to it.
- Leave it to cool down and use it as your hair gel on regular basis.
- Consume freshly ground flax seeds regularly to promote thicker and shiny hair (or) take flaxseed oil to get rid of hair falling.
- This flaxseed gel will help to get control over curly or wavy hair.
Tips and Precautions:
- Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks to stay hydrated to prevent the dry and frizzy hair and strengthen your hair follicles.
- Consume foods that are rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals to get healthy and thick hair. So, include Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, fatty fish, whole grains, seeds, legumes, nuts, beans, poultry and fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet to enjoy thick hair.
- Use apple cider vinegar as your final rinse by diluting apple cider vinegar in lukewarm water to clear scalp build up and to thicken your hair.
- Massage some freshly extracted onion juice on your scalp for few minutes and wait for few hours to rinse off your hair.
- Avoid usage of commercial shampoos instead use natural ingredient based shampoos. Follow some hair care tips like shampoo your hair for twice a week, go for warm oil treatments, avoid the over usage of hair styling or hair drying products.
- Sleep for at least 6 – 7 hours daily to reduce your stress levels and thereby helps to grow your hair healthy.
- Consult your dermatologist if you’re suffering hair fall or hair thinning even after using these natural remedies and tips, as it can be caused due to nutritional deficiencies, some health problems or certain medications.
Try these natural remedies to enjoy thick hair. Do you know any other successful remedies to thicken your hair naturally? Then share it with us in the below comments box.