We all know that smoothies can be used to reduce excess weight. They are popular and can be used as a replacement to the meal or snacks. Smoothies, if prepared correctly, they provide us with all essential nutrients, healthy fats, proteins or probiotics.
Everyone loves smoothies and thereby it becomes easy and fun to lose weight. Carrot ginger smoothie is one such best weight loss smoothies, which you have to try.
Carrots for Weight Loss:
Carrots are low in calories and fats. It is enriched with nutrients, beta-carotene, and fiber that help to suppress the appetite and prevent food cravings.
It lowers the cholesterol and blood pressure levels with its soluble fiber called pectin. Beta carotene aids in boosting the metabolism, fights against free radicals and prevents the risk of cancer.
Ginger for Weight Loss:
Ginger acts as a thermogenic that raises the body’s temperature by burning fat. It lowers the cholesterol by reducing serum and hepatic cholesterol levels. It also acts as a blood thinner and thus reduces blood pressure. It strengthens your immunity and helps to deal with infections causing digestive problems.
It acts as an appetite suppressant, cleanses your colon, aids in proper digestion, regulates cortisol levels, detoxifies your body and soothes your stomach to get rid of weight loss.
Other ingredients used in this smoothie…
Banana has low Glycemic Index that helps to boost up the metabolism to reduce the fat stored in the body. Pineapple is low in calories and burns your fat by aiding proper digestion with its bromelain enzyme.
Lemons have polyphenols and alkalizing property that prevent the body to store fat and it has pectin fiber that aids in proper digestion and prevents hunger pangs. Here we are replacing milk with almond milk, which is low in calories and fat.
This delicious smoothie can be used as a meal replacement (or) even a healthy post workout meal.
Here is the recipe…
- Large size carrots – 1
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Banana (ripe) – 1
- Pineapple chunks – 1 cup
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Almond milk (unsweetened) – 1 cup
- Take a carrot and ginger root and cut into pieces.
- Then pour carrot pieces, banana slices and pineapple chunks into the blender.
- After that, add ginger, lemon juice, and almond milk into the blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour it into a glass and enjoy this carrot – ginger smoothie for healthy weight loss.
- Drink it regularly to cut down the excess weight healthily.
- You can also prepare another carrot – ginger smoothie by blending 3 carrots (grated), 1 knob ginger (peeled), 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1 tablespoon of honey with some ice.
- Other than smoothies, do some regular exercises and consume food low in calories will help you for a faster weight loss.
Try this smoothie for weight loss and share your experience with us.