Overweight is one of the major problems faced by many people. Overweight can lead to a variety of health problems like diabetes, irregular menstrual cycles, heart problems, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis, fatty liver, pregnancy problems (in ladies), etc.
In these days, everyone wants to shed their excess calories to stay fit and healthy. If you’re one among those people trying to lose their overweight, then choose smoothies as your weight loss weapon.
Smoothies are the easy way to shed the extra pounds. The smoothies are packed with all essential nutrients and proteins that help you to raise your metabolism rate, detoxify your body by cleansing the system and make you stay healthy.
Here in this article, we are learning about such an amazing banana smoothie for losing your extra weight, let’s get started.
Banana Smoothie for Weight Loss:
Most people think that consuming banana will lead to weight gain, which is a wrong assumption. Consuming 2 – 4 bananas per day along with other food won’t cause any weight gain. First, we will know how this smoothie helps for weight loss and the best time for effective weight loss.
Banana for Weight Loss:
Banana is not only a delicious fruit but also exhibit a wide range of health benefits. It is enriched with fiber and resistant starch that helps for weight loss. It also boosts up the energy and metabolism for reducing the fat that stored in your body.
It has low glycemic index (low energy density – few calories) and contains vitamins (B5 & B6), pectin, minerals (potassium) and enzymes that diminish your appetite, relieves your bloating, controls your blood sugar levels, discourages water retention in the body and aids in proper digestion.
Other Ingredients in this Smoothie…
Intake of unsweetened almond milk instead of milk will help you to lessen the calorie intake and beneficial with its healthy fats, vitamins, and fewer carbohydrates. Flaxseeds are rich in fiber and omega – 3 fatty acids that speed up the metabolism to lower your weight and cholesterol levels.
Yogurt has live and active culture probiotics that help to maintain a healthy gut and keeps you hydrated. Honey break down the stored fat and also reduces the stress hormones causing weight gain.
Is a Banana Smoothie Good for Weight Loss?
Yes, the intake of banana smoothie will help you to shed excess calories and makes you strong, fit and healthy.
- Potassium in banana helps to maintain proper electrolyte balance in the body cells. It helps to boost the metabolism and energy and prevents excess fluid retention and thereby helps you to lose few pounds of water weight from your body. It builds healthy and stronger muscles which in turn helps to burn more calories.
- The omega fatty acids in this smoothie will suppress your appetite and make you feel full for a longer time and thereby cut down the calories by not consuming foods frequently.
- Honey and yogurt helps for healthy digestion and also treats digestive disorders like constipation, upset stomach, stomach pain, etc.
The best time to drink this banana smoothie for the morning time (or) pre or post workouts to burn more calories.
How to Make a Banana Smoothie for Weight:
It takes few simple steps to prepare this healthy banana smoothie. To grab its nutritional benefits, you have to prepare and drink this smoothie freshly without any storage.
Here is the recipe….
- Banana (large) – 2
- Almond milk – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Flaxseeds – 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Take 2 bananas and cut into pieces after peeling it.
- Then pour banana pieces in a blender.
- Now add yogurt, honey, flaxseeds and almond milk into the blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour this smoothie in a glass and enjoy this healthy and delicious banana smoothie to lose your weight.
- Drink this smoothie daily for best and faster results.
- Potassium – 550 mg
- Calories – 460 calories
- Protein – 5 grams
- Fiber – 4 grams
- Fat – 15 grams
- Sugar – 33 grams
- Carbohydrates – 55 grams
- This smoothie is not only used for weight loss but also treats acid reflux, diarrhea, heartburn, upset stomach, and indigestion.
- Even toddlers can enjoy the banana smoothies for proper digestion, improves energy levels, stronger bones, etc.
- Other than smoothies, you have to follow these tips – drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, exercise regularly, consume less but frequent meals, eat a healthy and nutritious diet to lose your weight and thereby other health problems.
Try this Banana Smoothie for Weight Loss and share your experience with us.