Scrubbing – A process used to remove dead cells, dust, impurities and excess oil from the skin’s surface, unclogs the pores and reduces the chance of getting skin problems like acne and its types.
We all know that people with oily skin are more to acne, blackheads, and zits. They also suffer from oiliness on their face, especially while they go out for parties or meetings. To get rid of these skin problems, scrubbing (or exfoliation) is the best way.
However, there are many facial scrubs available in the market, which are costly and might exhibit some side effects but the usage of natural homemade scrubs are chemicals free and cost effective.
Here we are going to know about the 5 best face scrubs for treating oily skin.
Scrub – 1: (Oatmeal with Honey and Yogurt)
Oatmeal exfoliates your face gently to remove excess oil, germs, dead cells and other impurities which clog the skin pores. Yogurt has lactic acid that hydrates and soothes your skin. Honey has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that prevent skin infections.
This combination help to deep clean your pores and removes excess sebum along with nourishing your skin. This process acts as a cleansing to your oily skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 1 teaspoon each of raw honey and yogurt in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it on the face.
- Wait for about 5 – 10 minutes and start scrubbing it gently in a circular motion using your wet fingers.
- Scrub your face for 2 – 3 minutes and rinse off with cold water to close your skin pores.
- Repeat it regularly for 2 – 3 times a week to get rid of oily skin.
- Or mix 1 tablespoon of powdered oats in enough water to make a scrub paste. Use this mix to scrub your face and neck for a couple of minutes. Rinse off.
- Or mix 2 – 3 ripe mashed strawberries, 3 tablespoons of ground oatmeal and 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice. Apply on face and scrub it after it dries with your wet fingers.
- Also, mash 2 – 3 ripe strawberries and grind 2 tablespoons of oatmeal. Mix them with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Use it to scrub your oily face and neck.
Scrub – 2: (Baking Soda with Honey and Lemon Juice)
Baking soda exfoliates the skin to remove dirt, grime, dead cells and excess sebum from deep skin pores to unclog it. Honey destroys germs causing skin problems, removes excess oil and nourishes your skin.
Lemon juice acts as a natural astringent that controls the oil production. this scrub will moisturize and nourish your oily skin.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of baking soda and lemon juice in 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Stir well to make a paste and apply it on your face.
- Then wet your fingers and scrub it gently for 2 – 4 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water followed by cold water to get relief from oily skin.
- Regular follow up will give you relief from acne and other oily skin problems.
Note: Or use a mashed ripe banana instead of baking soda in this process.
Scrub – 3: (Sugar with Honey and Olive Oil)
This is an exfoliating scrub in which sugar (brown sugar) removes excess oil from deep skin pores, boosts the production of new cells and moisturizes your skin.
Honey and olive oil unclogs your skin pores and cleanses your skin by clearing bad oil from the pores. This is a best exfoliating scrub for oily skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon each of honey and olive oil in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine scrub mix and apply it on your face.
- Scrub the mix with your clean fingers working from the chin towards up (in a circular motion) for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Then wash your face thoroughly with warm water and splash with cold water to close the skin pores.
- Dry your face and continue this scrub for 2 – 3 times a week to get rid of oily skin.
- Or mix 1 tablespoon of sugar in 3 – 4 tablespoons of orange juice. Scrub your face with this paste.
- Or add lemon juice, sugar and honey to make a thick paste. Use it as a scrub to your oily skin.
Scrub – 4: (Egg White with Sea Salt)
Egg whites are effective in removing excess oil and tighten your skin pores. Sea salt is filled with trace minerals that rejuvenate the skin, enhance the cell growth and nourishes your skin.
- Whisk 1 egg white and mix 1 tablespoon of sea salt in it.
- Spread it on your face and massage gently for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and repeat it regularly.
- Or mix 2 teaspoons of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 1 egg white. Apply on the face and scrub it gently.
- Or else mix 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and sea salt. Use this mix to scrub your oily face.
Scrub – 5: (Cornmeal with Yogurt)
Cornmeal absorbs the excess oil from the skin and yogurt cleanses your pores deeply and lemon juice acts as an astringent that controls the oil and prevents breakouts.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in 2 tablespoons each of cornmeal and yogurt.
- Stir well and use it to scrub your face and neck gently for 5 minutes.
- Then wash your face and neck thoroughly with warm water followed with cold water to close your skin pores.
- Do this scrubbing process regularly to get relief from oily skin.
Suggestions to Follow for Oily Skin:
- You can also scrub your skin with simple ingredients like cucumber paste, orange peel powder with yogurt, honey in a soaked almond paste, tomato pulp with ground oats and sugar etc. will help you to get rid of oily skin.
- Other than scrubs, drink plenty of water, consume enzyme rich foods, include more of fruits and vegetables in your diet should be followed regularly.
- Avoid artificial perfumes, synthetic chemicals, coloring agents, mineral oils, moisturizers that exacerbate the oily skin.
- Prevent constant touching of your face, as it transfers the excess oil and dirt to other skin parts.
- Rub your skin with aloe vera gel or papaya or watermelon to absorb the excess oil.
- Cleanse your face twice daily with mild soap and use oil-free cosmetic products.
Try these natural homemade face scrubs for your oil skin and enjoy oil free face. Do you know any other DIY face scrubs for oily skin? Then share with us in the comments section.
Leave a Reply