Arthritis is a chronic inflammation that causes stiffness, redness, and pain in the joints of the fingers, elbows, hands, jaws, knees, hips and other body parts. It is a major problem that makes you difficult to move around.
We all know that diet will play a major role in maintaining a proper health and beauty. So, including a healthy juices or smoothies as a part of the daily diet will help to reduce the arthritis symptoms and thus allows you to get control over the arthritis flare-ups.
Carotenoids and quercetin (reduce inflammation and pain) rich foods like apples, green tea, cucumber, pumpkin, kiwi, carrots, oranges, dark leafy greens, etc. should be used for making smoothies to treat arthritis.
Healthy Smoothies to Curb Arthritis:
Here we are providing you some best smoothies which help to reduce pain, stiffness, and swelling or joint pains to get relief from arthritis. Let’s get started.
Smoothie – 1: (Turmeric with Pineapple and Ginger)
Bromelain (a protein digesting enzyme) in pineapple helps to reduce the pain and inflammation in your joints. Turmeric has a compound called curcumin which exhibits anti-inflammatory, pain – relieving and antioxidant that bring down the pain and swelling.
Ginger has shagoals and gingerols that reduce the swelling and also increase the blood circulation to get relief from the painful joints. Carrots are enriched with vitamin A and beta-carotene that reduces inflammation. cucumber is effective in lowering the formation of uric acid crystals in the joints.
- Place a 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, 1 ½ inches of fresh turmeric root, 1 large peeled and sliced cucumber, 3 medium sized carrots (rinsed and peeled) and 2 cups of pineapple chunks in a juicer.
- Run the juicer for few minutes and pour the juice into a glass.
- Drink this delicious juice regularly for several times a week to get rid of arthritis pain and joints swelling.
Note: Also, pour 1 orange (peeled and deseed), 1 ½ cup of pineapple chunks, 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger, 2 large carrots (chopped), 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 2 cups of spinach and 8 ounces of water in a juicer. Run juicer for few minutes and drink this smoothie for few times a week.
Smoothie – 2: (Pineapple with Beetroot and Lemon)
Pineapple and lemon are rich in vitamin C that strengthens your immune system and calms down the pain and swelling. Beetroot is silica – rich vegetables that make the body to utilize calcium properly for maintaining healthy and strong bones.
- Chop 1 medium size beetroot, pineapple and cucumber (peeled) into pieces.
- Put these beetroot pieces, lemon wedge (peeled), pineapple chunks and cucumber pieces into a juicer.
- Run the juice for few minutes and pour this delicious juice into a glass.
- Drink it and continue the intake of this healthy smoothie regularly for 2 – 3 times a week to get relief from the joint pains and stiffness.
Smoothie – 3: (Green Smoothie)
Pumpkin seeds have pain – suppressing property that alleviates the pain, redness and swelling in between the joints. Green apple, green tea, kiwi, parsley, and spinach are rich in carotenoids and quercetin that reduce your joint pains.
Apple cider vinegar has magnesium which helps the bones to absorb calcium properly for maintaining healthy bones.
- Pour 1 cup of freshly brewed green tea, 1/4 cup of finely chopped spinach leaves, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks, finely chopped pieces of 1/2 a green apple and 1 kiwi in a blender.
- Blend it for a minute or two and add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, a sprig of parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of raw ACV in the blender.
- Blend it for a couple of minutes and pour the smoothie into a glass.
- Drink this green smoothie for breakfast regularly a few times a week to get relief from the pain.
Smoothie – 4: (Kiwi with Kale and Mango)
Kiwi has natural enzymes that enter into your bloodstream and break down the proteins and other molecules causing inflammation. kale is rich in magnesium that reduces pain and helps the body to absorb the calcium properly from the food. Orange and mango are rich in vitamin C and carotenoids.
- Place 2 peeled kiwifruits, 2 cups of chopped kale, 1 mango (peeled and pitted), 1 orange (peeled and deseed) and 4 – 5 ounces of water in a juicer.
- Run the juicer for a couple of minutes and pour the juice into a glass.
- Drink this green smoothie for few times a week to get rid of the problem.
Smoothie – 5: (Strawberry with Guava and Banana)
Strawberries and guava are rich in vitamin C that lowers the uric acid levels and thus reduces the inflammation. banana has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain and swelling and it also has vitamin B6 & C and folic acid that replace the lost nutrients due to inflammation in the body.
- Place 1 cup of whole strawberries, 1/2 cup of guavas (deseed), 4 cups of finely chopped spinach, 2 frozen bananas (peeled and sliced) and 4 – 5 ounces of filtered water in a juicer.
- Blend it for few minutes till the ingredients are properly blended.
- Pour this tasty smoothie into a glass and drink it for few times a week till you get control over the arthritis pain and joints stiffness.
Note: Also, place 2 cups of cantaloupe pieces, pieces of 2 mangoes, 6 medium strawberries with tops, 2 cups of fresh baby spinach, 2 large chard leaves, 1 stalk celery and 4 – 5 ounce of filtered water in a blender. Blend thoroughly and drink this smoothie to get relief from arthritis pain.
Smoothie – 6: (Parsley with Coconut Oil and Strawberries)
Parsley is rich in vitamin K (helps in proper absorption of calcium), beta-carotene, vitamin C (antioxidant) and quercetin that relieves you from the arthritis pain. Coconut oil has polyphenols, essential fatty acids and anti-inflammatory property that reduce the pain, swelling, and stiffness.
Celery will flush out the uric acid crystals from your body to prevent arthritis. Carrots act as an excellent alkalizer that reduces acidic nature to relieve you from inflammation.
- Place finely chopped vegetables like 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, a handful of strawberries, 5 branches of parsley, 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger and 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks in a blender.
- Blend them for a couple of minutes and add 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/2 cup of almond milk (or hemp milk or coconut water or organic cow’s milk) in it.
- Blend all these ingredients and pour it in a glass.
- Drink this smoothie for few times a week till you get rid of arthritis pain and inflammation.
Tips and Precautions:
- Rinse the fruits and vegetables thoroughly before using them to make smoothies or juices to get rid of chemicals or pesticides on them.
- Also, include some effective fruits and vegetables like tart cherries, pomegranate, vitamin C & E rich foods, omega – 3 fatty acids and other anti-inflammatory foods in your daily diet to get rid of arthritis pain.
- Other than these smoothies, you have to drink plenty of water daily to flush out the toxins and uric acid crystals from your body.
- For best results, drink these smoothies within 15 minutes of preparing it and also with an empty stomach will make the body to absorb the nutrients in this juice well and treats arthritis.
- If you’re using a blender instead of a juicer then strain the juice before drinking.
- Reduce your stress levels, go for a massage, get plenty of sleep and exercise regularly to reduce the inflammation and stiffness of your joints.
- Instead of blenders, use centrifugal juicers for rich colored and delicious juices. Blenders rotate at very high levels per minute which leads to the generation of heat. Vitamins, minerals and nutrients get destroyed in this heat. But the centrifugal juicers will take less rotations per minute than blenders which will doesn’t let much heat to develop.
Try these smoothies at home and drink it regularly to get relief from the pain, stiffness and swelling in the joints. Do you know any other anti-arthritis smoothies? Then share it with us in the below comments section.