Many people are choosing natural DIY shampoos for treating a variety of hair problems. In these days, due to pollution, improper hair care, chemicals (SLS) used in shampoos, etc. are causing so many hair problems and restrict the hair to grow properly.
Still, most of the girls (or women) are choosing slathering shampoos due to tedious work and less lather. If you’re one among in this list of people then you will definitely like this article, why because these hair care tricks will work well in boosting hair growth faster within less time.
Partial natural seems a good option than a total commercial or chemical product. So, you can add some of the natural ingredients in your shampoo and use it to get healthy hair with extra nourishment, strengthen the hair follicles, reduce the hair fall and aids in proper hair growth.
Natural Ingredients to be added in your Shampoo for Healthy Hair:
Let’s have a look at these best add – on ingredients to your shampoo for hair growth and use it to get rid of hair problems.
1. Lemon Juice:
Lemon has natural anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties that clear the fungal infections like dandruff. The citric acid and vitamin C content will make the lemon to act as natural exfoliating and cleansing agent, which helps to remove the excess oil and buildup from hair products on the scalp to prevent dull and lifeless hair.
We all know that dandruff, scalp itching, and oily scalp are some major causes for hair breakage and hair loss. So, regular usage of lemon will make the hair growth healthy and dandruff free.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 2 tablespoons of mild natural shampoo.
- Stir well and use this mix to shampoo your hair.
- Massage the mix gently all over the scalp and hair for few minutes.
- Then after, rinse the hair thoroughly and repeat the process regularly to get rid of dandruff and oily scalp.
Note: Also, use lemongrass oil instead of lemon juice for a healthy hair growth.
Organic honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties that treat microbial infections on the scalp. It is antioxidant that helps to keep the scalp healthy by killing bacteria to reduce dandruff.
It restores the natural moisture to the hair with its natural emollient nature and thereby improves the health of hair follicles for hair growth. Proper usage of honey will even wake up the sleeping hair follicles and boost up the hair growth.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey to 2 tablespoons of your regular mild shampoo.
- Stir well and use it to shampoo your hair.
- Then rinse your hair thoroughly with water and do the same process regularly.
Note: Regular usage of honey may lighten the hair. So, take some care and reduce the frequency of using it.
3. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is a versatile plant that treats many scalp and hair problems like dandruff, dry scalp, oily scalp and aids in healthy hair growth along with protecting hair from damage.
- Add 1 teaspoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel to 2 tablespoons of natural shampoo.
- Stir well and use it as a shampoo to your hair.
- Rinse your hair and follow the usage of this aloe vera shampoo till you get rid of hair problems.
4. Essential Oil:
Lavender, tea tree oil or rosemary essential oils are well known essential oils for its therapeutic properties that effectively treat dandruff, dry scalp, and scalp problems. It also stimulates the hair follicles to make the hair grow stronger and healthier.
- Add 3 – 5 drops of essential oil (any) in 2 tablespoons of herbal shampoo.
- Stir well and use it as a shampoo to your hair.
- Wash the hair completely and repeat the same regularly to get relief from hair problems and to enhance the hair growth.
5. Rose Water:
Rose water restore the pH balance of your hair and scalp by repairing the damaged hair. it exhibits antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that promote hair growth and soothes the scalp from infections.
- Add 1 teaspoon of rose water (organic) in 2 tablespoons of shampoo.
- Stir well and use it to get rid of the hair problems.
- Or mix 5 tablespoons of rose water in 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of shampoo and use it to liquefy the shampoo and rinse your hair.
- Regular follow – up will definitely help you to get relief from the hair problems.
6. Indian Gooseberry (Amla):
Amla is very effective in treating the hair problems with its excellent properties. It reverses the gray hair, promotes hair growth, adds shine and thickens the hair, treats dandruff and other scalp problems.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon of amla juice in 2 tablespoons of the regular shampoo.
- Use it shampoo your hair and rinse well.
- Continue the same regularly for once a week to enjoy the problem free healthy hair.
Note: Or you can also use amla powder (or) henna powder instead of amla juice to get rid of the problem.
Glycerin helps to lock the moisture and keep the hair hydrated, which is essential to prevent dry, dull and damaged hair problems.
- Add some glycerin to your regular shampoo and stir well to make a dry hair treating shampoo.
- Use it to shampoo your hair and rinse off thoroughly to clear the buildup of shampoo and hair products on the scalp.
- Repeat the same regularly till you get rid of dry and damaged hair.
8. Natural Oils:
Adding some natural oils to your shampoo will help to treat various hair and scalp problems like dry hair, dandruff or scalp infections) due to its hair rejuvenating properties. Peppermint oil treats scalp infections like dandruff and head lice.
Sweet almond oil strengthens the hair and makes it soft and shiny. Olive oil helps to stop the hair fall, prevents premature gray hair, stimulate the hair follicles for healthy hair growth.
- Mix a small amount of any natural oil to your regular shampoo and stir well.
- Use it to shampoo your hair and rinse the hair thoroughly.
- Continue the same process regularly for getting quick and effective results.
So, start mixing these natural ingredients in your regular shampoos and use it to enjoy healthy hair growth. Do you know any other successful combination of natural ingredient to the shampoo for healthy hair? Then share it with us in the below comments box.