Is your hair dry, dull and frizzy one? It is very hard to manage the hair while you have dry and flaky or itchy hair.
Going to salon or spa treatments or using cosmetic products is a costly process that might have some side effects.
So stop worrying about your dry and damaged hair and start using these natural homemade deep hair conditioners to get rid of the problem with less cost and have long lasting results.
Homemade Natural Deep Hair Conditioner:
Here are the 5 effective natural deep hair conditioner are explained. Try these conditioners to get relief from dry, dull and frizzy hair.
Conditioner – 1: (Banana with Coconut and Honey)
Banana contains potassium and all other essential nutrients that restore the hair’s natural elasticity to reduce breakage, moisture your hair and strengthen hair.
Coconut milk has antioxidants and essential fats which condition your hair, locks its volume and protects your hair with its proteins and oils.
Honey acts as a natural humectant that hydrates your hair with essential moisture. It has rich content of B vitamins, Iron and zinc which promotes healthy hair growth.
Coconut oil has a great source of vitamin E and essential fatty acids that reduce keratin loss, encourage growth and moisturizes your hair to keep your hair shiny and healthy.
- Peel off an overripe banana and cut it into pieces.
- Place the banana pieces in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons each of coconut milk and honey and 1 ½ tablespoons of melted coconut oil in it.
- Pour this mix into a blender and blend it till you get a smooth paste.
- Use this paste as your conditioner to prevent dry, frizzy and tangled hair.
- To use, dampen your hair and apply it on all over your hair.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and cover it with a plastic / shower cap.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes – 2 hours and then rinse your hair using shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Dry your hair thoroughly and repeat using this deep conditioner for once a week.
- Or add few drops of lavender oil or any essential oil in this conditioner for pleasant odor and facilitates hair growth.
- Also, add 1/4 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons each of organic honey and olive oil to 1 mashed ripe banana mix. Stir well and apply it as a mask on your hair. Place a shower cap and rinse off with shampoo and conditioner after 45 – 60 minutes.
- Or mix 1 ripe avocado, 1/2 can of coconut milk, 1/4 cup each of mayonnaise and honey in 1/2 mash ripe banana. Blend all these ingredients and apply it on the hair and scalp. Cover your hair and rinse off with cool water after few minutes.
Conditioner – 2: (Egg with Natural Oil)
Eggs are rich in protein, fats and nutrients which help to restore the moisture and nourish your hair strands. Natural oils like olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil will not only moisture your damaged and frizzy hair but also provides the essential nutrients required for healthy hair growth.
- Separate egg yolks from 2 eggs and place it in a bowl.
- Then add 2 teaspoons of natural oil and 1/8 cup of water in it.
- Stir well and apply this mix to all over your hair after shampooing.
- Wait for 15 – 30 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Repeat it for once or twice a week on regular basis to get rid of the dry hair problem.
- Or simply whisk 2 eggs and add 2 teaspoons of natural oil in it. Stir well and apply it on your hair. Wait for few minutes and rinse off with a nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
- Also, replace natural oil with vegetable oil (or) lukewarm water (or) baby oil (or) mayonnaise instead of natural oil.
Conditioner – 3: (Jojoba Oil with Coconut Oil and Tea Tree Oil)
Natural oils like jojoba oil and coconut oil help to moisturize the hair and promote healthy hair growth. Tea tree essential oil has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that disinfect the scalp and make your hair grow healthy.
- Mix 15 – 20 drops of tea tree oil, 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil and 8 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply it on your wet hair thoroughly.
- Cover your hair with a hot towel and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat it regularly till you get complete relief from dull and damaged hair.
Note: Or mix 1 part of jojoba oil in 2 parts of distilled water in a bowl. Stir well by adding 3 – 5 drops of peppermint oil. Pour it in a spray bottle and spray it on your wet hair and spread it on your hair.
Conditioner – 4: (Avocado with Olive Oil)
Avocado has rich content of vitamin E that moisturizes and hydrates the frizzy hair. It also has proteins, essential fats, amino acids and nutrients that help for healthy and nourished hair growth. Olive oil naturally conditions your hair and makes it strong and shiny.
- Mash a ripe avocado and then add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in it.
- Stir well and keep it aside for few minutes.
- In the meanwhile shampoo your hair and dry it slightly (damp hair).
- Now, apply this mix as a mask on your hair thoroughly.
- Allow it to sit for about 45 – 60 minutes and rinse off with cold water followed by conditioner.
- Continue applying this mask regularly till you get rid of dry and frizzy hair.
- Or mix 2 teaspoons of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in 1 finely mashed avocado to make a smooth paste. Apply it on your hair and rinse off after 1 hour.
- Also, mix 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of shea butter and 2 – 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 finely mashed avocado. Stir well and apply it on your hair. Rinse off thoroughly after for 40 – 50 minutes.
Conditioner – 5: (Yogurt with Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil provides a deep moisturizing effect to the hair roots with its penetrating property. Yogurt has lactic acid that nourishes your hair and adds natural shine to it. Castor oil acts as a natural conditioner to prevent dry, itchy and frizzy hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and castor oil in 1 cup of yogurt.
- Stir well and apply it on the hair as your yogurt conditioner.
- Wear a shower cap to let your hair absorb this conditioner for about an hour.
- After that, rinse off with water and dry your hair to have a smooth and shiny hair.
- Do the same process regularly to clear your dry and dull hair problem.
Note: Or mix 1 tablespoon each of organic apple cider vinegar and raw honey in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply this mix on all over your hair as a mask and rinse off with natural shampoo after 20 – 30 minutes.
Know more about Best DIY Remedies for Dry and Frizzy Hair.
Tips and Precautions:
- Both olive oil and honey act as a deep conditioner that locks the moisture and keeps it healthy. So, mix equal quantities of olive oil and honey and apply it on the hair, leave it for an hour and rinse off.
- For conditioning your extremely dry hair, mix 2 parts of olive oil in 3 parts of coconut milk. Apply it on the hair before your shower and rinse off after 30 – 45 minutes to get rid of the problem.
- Use apple cider vinegar as your final rinse after shampooing your hair by simply diluting it with equal quantities of water and rinse your hair to lock the moisture.
- Regular massage of your hair with warm natural oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil on all over your hair and scalp will help to get relief from dry and frizzy hair.
- Use mayonnaise (occasionally) as your hair conditioner will help you to get relief from dry and frizzy hair.
- Avoid over usage of blow dryers and also hot water showers, as it dries out your moisture and makes them too dry and frizzy.
- Avoid combing your wet hair or washing your hair frequently or using harsh chemical based hair products, etc. to get rid of dull and damaged hair.
- Always use the natural ingredients rather than supplements on hair and also rinse your hair thoroughly with water.
- Drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet (include fresh fruits and vegetables) in your daily diet.
- Applying vitamin E oil regularly on your hair will help to prevent dry and damaged hair.
- It’s better to use sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) free shampoo and conditioners to moisture your hair. Also, you can use beer based shampoos occasionally to restore the moisture levels on your hair.
Have you tried any of these DIY natural conditioners to treat your dry, dull and damaged hair? Let me know by sharing your experience with us.
Leave a Reply