Lemon has become a common ingredient in not only in your kitchen but also in our lifestyle that is used to treat many health, hair and beauty problems with its amazing benefits.
It helps to balance the pH levels, fights against infections, strengthens the immune system and leaves your hair healthy and shiny. Here we are discussing how lemon is used for treating many hair problems like hair loss or hair thinning, dandruff (dry or itchy scalp) and lightening your hair.
Let’s have a look on how to get rid of hair problems with lemony lime.
Method – 1: (Lemon for Hair Growth)
Long, strong and voluminous hair will enhance your beauty but hair fall and dandruff are major problems for hair thinning. Unhealthy lifestyle, prolonged illness, chemical based hair styling products, excessive usage of hair dryers, stress, unhealthy diet, certain medications, etc. will cause excessive hair fall.
Lemon juice is an excellent remedy that widely used to clear many hair and scalp problems to enhance your healthy hair growth. It has a rich source of vitamin C that stimulates the hair growth by strengthening the hair follicles and make the hair grow stronger. It has antifungal and antimicrobial property that prevents dandruff and other infection on the hair. It clears away the dust, dead cells and unwanted buildup on the scalp.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon.
- Apply it directly all over the scalp and hair.
- Massage it gently with your fingertips for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Let it sit for another 10 – 15 minutes and rinse off with mild shampoo followed by lukewarm water.
- Repeat the same process for once or twice a week until you get rid of hair problems.
- Or dilute lemon juice with water or any other natural oils before applying, if you’re having dry or sensitive scalp to prevent dryness and irritation.
- Or else mix 2 – 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice in 1/4 bucket of water (or with some coconut water) and use it as your final rinse to clear any traces of leftover shampoo after shampooing your hair.
Method – 2: (Lemon for Dandruff)
Dandruff is a most common scalp disorder that caused due to shedding of dead cells on the dry skin, oil skin and a fungus called Malassezia that results in loss of extra cells to fall off as white flakes.
Lemon juice has an anti-fungal property that prevents dandruff-causing fungus. The acidic property of lemon balances the scalp’s pH level and soothes the irritation and itching.
- This anti-dandruff blend has anti-fungal property that clears dandruff and provides cooling effect to relieve you from itching and dryness.
- Add 2 drops of fresh lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of camphor oil in 2 tablespoons of warm coconut oil.
- Stir well and apply it on the hair and scalp.
- Massage it gently for 5 – 10 minutes and leave it on for overnight.
- In the next morning, wrap your hair in a towel soaked in warm water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- After that, unwrap the towel and wash it off with mild shampoo and water.
- Continue doing it regularly to get rid of the dandruff problem.
Method – 3: (Lemon for Lightening Hair)
Lightening your hair is a fashion trend in these days and lightening it without damaging your hair is very difficult but lemon will do it very easily. The lemon usage will lighten the hair gradually with strong and shiny hair.
- Add 1/4 cup of warm water in 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Stir well and pour this mix in a spray bottle.
- Spray this mix on all once the scalp until the hair is damp.
- Sit out in the sun for at least 1 – 2 hours but be sure to wear sunscreen on the skin.
- After that, take a shower by applying deep conditioner on your hair.
- Regular follow-up of this process will rejuvenate your hair and lightens it perfectly.
Note: Or mix lemon juice in conditioner instead of warm water to get perfect hair lightening.
Tips and Precautions:
- Its always best to choose the fresh lemon juice rather than bottled juice for getting best results over hair problems.
- Due to its acidic nature, it should be used in moderation to prevent the over dryness and irritation on the scalp and to avoid brittleness of hair follicles.
- Never ever apply lemon on the scalp where you have open wounds and cuts, as it causes irritation and redness on the scalp.
- If you feel any irritation or discomfort after applying lemon juice directly, then dilute it in water or any natural oils or any other natural ingredients for getting long, strong and shiny hair.
- It has some bleaching property that may lighten up the braid, so for those who possess dark colored hair should not try this as it results behind a faded braid.
- Regular usage of lemon will definitely help you in getting shiny hair. But be patience and follow proper hair care, reduce stress levels, consume healthy diet, dry your hair properly after washing it, etc. will help you to get thick and shiny hair.
- If you don’t find any relief after using these lemon methods, then consult your doctor to know the exact cause with proper diagnose and take treatment as per your hair condition.
This is all about Lemon for Hair Care. Hope you’ll give a trial to these methods and get benefited. Or do you know any other methods of using lemon for hair then share it with us.