Long and thick eyelashes is a dream to every woman, as they not only enhance their beauty but also protect your eyes from dust, allergens and other debris from not to fall into the eyes.
However, the long and vibrant eyelashes are not gifted naturally for many of us but you can create them by using an amazing beauty product called mascara.
Mascara is an eye makeup product in which every girl uses it once in their lifetime. The only drawback in using this product is drying out too quickly which makes the mascara users discard this dried one and buy a new one for regular usage.
Make sure to toss out the old mascara after the usage of 4 – 6 months of time or else there will be a growth of bacteria in it and causes eye infections and allergies.
If your mascara is dried within the usage of less than 3 – 4 months, then instead of buying a new one, you can revive it by using some simple tips and thus make them work as a new one.
Best Ways to Fix Dried Mascara:
Before going to see the ways to fix the dried mascara, we have to know the reason for drying up of this mascara. The air which gets into the tub is the main reason for quick drying of mascara. All you need is to stop pumping the mascara wand many times, as it pushes the air inside and thus results in the dry or clumpy mascara.
Now let’s start the ways to revamp the dried mascara into a new one.
Method – 1: (With Eye Drops)
This is the best and simple way to fix dried mascara without any side effects or harming your eyes. This method is also effective in fixing the problem in waterproof mascara.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour 10 drops of regularly used eye drops (or 5 drops of content lens solution or baby oil or saline solution or apply Vaseline to mascara) in the mascara tube.
- Then close the wand tightly and start a good shake (or roll it well in your hands).
- Now use the mascara to coat your eyelashes.
- Follow this method whenever you’re mascara dried to make it as a new one.
Method – 2:
This is another effective method that prevents the mascara from getting dried.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour enough water into a saucepan and put it on the heat/flame.
- When the water starts boiling then place the mascara tube in this water.
- Then simmer the flame and wait for few minutes.
- After that, remove the mascara from this water by using a tong and see whether the mascara has loosened or not.
- If you find it still dry, then add few drops of olive oil (or coconut oil) into the mascara tube and close the wand.
- Shake it well and swirl the contents inside the wand and apply it on your eyes as you do regularly.
Method – 3:
In this method, we will dip the mascara wand in hot water to maintain the quality of mascara, as the mascara has to be cleaned for regular usage.
Steps to be followed…
- Take out the wand and place it in hot water.
- Let it sit in this hot water for few minutes to clean it properly.
- Then remove the wand and place it back into the mascara bottle.
- But make sure that not to pump the wand in the bottle.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and use it as a normal one.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Instead of pumping mascara, you have to roll it for few minutes and apply it. Make sure to tight the seal after usage to prevent the air getting into it.
- Also, pour some aloe vera gel in the mascara tube and shake it well to make the mascara smooth and apply it on your eyelashes as your new ones.
- You can also reuse and recycle the mascara by simply washing and drying the brush and then use it as your eyebrow comb, lash divider or eye makeup remover.
- Always store the mascara tube in a cool dark place for their longer life.
- Close the mascara tube tightly after every usage why because the air which steps into the tube will make it dry and unusable further.
- Make sure to discard the mascara after 6 months of usage to prevent the attack of bacteria or other infections to your eyes.
- Never ever go to sleep with mascara on your eyes and remove it by using makeup remover or else the eyelashes will fall off after some time by getting weak.
- Consult your doctor if you’re suffering from any eye infections or allergies for proper diagnose and treatment.
- You can also try a combination of 1 & 2 methods by simply pouring few eye drops in mascara and close the lid and if you still feel dried then place these mascara in a mug filled with hot water for 5 minutes and reuse it.
Try these natural ways to fix your dried mascara and use it regularly. Do you know any other effective ways? Then share your experience with us in the below comments box.