When someone experiences pain, discomfort or burning sensation during urination in the urethra tube (which passes urine out of the bladder) or the surrounding areas of the genitals then it termed as Dysuria.
At sometimes, it is caused due to an overheat in the body and almost everyone experiences this problem (more in between ages 18 – 50) but women are more prone to this problem.
Urinary tract infection, kidney stones, bladder infection (cystitis), prostatitis, kidney infections, genital herpes, vaginal yeast infections, chlamydia, sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s), dehydration and poor hygiene are some of the causes for this dysuria problem.
Proper diagnose and usage of certain natural home remedies will help to prevent this problem along with its symptoms.
Home Remedies for Dysuria:
Here are the best natural remedies mentioned below. All you need to follow them regularly without any interruption till you get complete relief from the problem.
Remedy – 1: (Ginger)
Ginger exhibits antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to combat the infection effectively. Here are few ways of using ginger for dysuria.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ginger paste and raw honey and consume it once daily.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ginger juice in 1 glass of lukewarm milk (or water) and drink it once daily.
- Also, drink 1 – 2 cups of ginger herbal tea daily till you get rid of the infection.
- Add dry ginger powder and sugar candy in warm milk and drink it twice daily.
Remedy – 2: (Coriander Seeds)
Coriander seeds have antibacterial properties that fight against the microbes causing infection and keep the urinary tract free from infections. It flushes out the harmful toxins from the excretory system and thus aids in normal urination. It cools the body by preventing excessive body heat.
- Pour 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds in a pan filled with 1 cup of water.
- Boil it for few minutes and turn off the heat.
- Cool it and strain the water to remove coriander seeds.
- Drink this coriander infused water to get relief from the pain.
- Drink it twice daily till you get complete relief from dysuria.
Note: Or add 1 tablespoon of coriander seed powder in 3 cups of water and mix well. Cover it and let it sit for overnight. Mix some jaggery and drink 1 cup of this mix for 3 times daily.
Remedy – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has antimicrobial properties that clear the infection causing painful urination. It is enriched with many essential nutrients and enzymes that help to restore your body’s pH level.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of organic ACV in 1 glass of warm water.
- Drink it to get relief from the infection in your urethra or urinary tract.
- For best results, drink this water for twice daily.
Note: Or mix 1 – 2 cups of ACV to your bathwater and soak for 15 – 20 minutes to improve your health condition.
Remedy – 4: (Cucumber)
Cucumber is a watery vegetable that contains about 95% of water. It acts as a diuretic that helps to keep the body hydrated and flush out the harmful toxins. It also provides a soothing and cooling sensation in the body by normalizing the body temperature.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and organic honey in 1 cup of freshly prepared cucumber juice.
- Stir well and drink it to reduce the heat in your body.
- Continue the intake of this cucumber drink for twice daily.
Note: Or simply consume 2 – 3 cucumbers daily.
Remedy – 5: (Fenugreek Seeds)
Fenugreek seeds improve the pH of your vagina, which in turn, prevent the infection effectively. It helps to clear the toxins that accumulated in the body and causing infection. Here are few ways of using fenugreek for dysuria.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder in 1 glass of buttermilk. Stir well and drink it twice daily.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder in 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Stir well and consume it for 2 – 3 times daily.
- Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for overnight. Strain the water in the next morning and add 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey in it. Stir well and drink it on an empty stomach regularly.
Remedy – 6: (Water)
Increase your water intake to get rid of this dysuria or painful urination, as water helps to flush out the toxins and infection causing microbes out of the body. It prevents dehydration and thereby helps to cure the infection quickly.
Water helps to bring down the excessive heat in the body and thus brings to the normal level by stimulating frequent urination.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Consume water-based fresh fruits and vegetables like cucumber, watermelon, oranges, muskmelon, etc. to always keep your body hydrated.
- Drink herbal teas, coconut water, buttermilk, fruit or vegetable juices (like carrot juice), soups, smoothies, and broths to clear the infection.
Remedy – 7: (Buttermilk / Yogurt)
Both plain yogurt and buttermilk have active cultures or probiotics that help to promote the growth of good bacteria and clears bad bacteria from the gut and thereby clears the infection. They help for better digestion, improve immunity and provide essential nutrients to the body.
- Prepare a glass of buttermilk and add a little black pepper powder and cumin powder in it.
- Stir well and drink it for 2 – 3 times daily till you get relief from the dysuria and its symptoms.
- Also, drink 2 – 3 cups of plain yogurt or yogurt smoothies daily.
- Women suffering from this problem can try the method of dipping a tampon in yogurt and insert in the vagina for 2 hours. Do it regularly till you get relief from the problem.
Some Other Remedies:
- Warm compress helps to soothe the pain and irritation along with minimizing the bladder pressure. Apply warm compress on the lower abdomen for 5 – 7 minutes and wait for few minutes to reapply it. Or use a heating pad to get rid of the problem.
- Baking soda reduces acidity in your urine which helps to ease the pain or burning sensation during urination. It balances pH levels. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1 glass of water and drink it with your empty stomach to get rid of the problem and also frequent urges to urinate.
- Cardamom also helps in relieving your pain while urinating. Mix some cardamom powder in 1 cup of lukewarm milk and drink it to get rid of dysuria.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Avoid spicy, oily or processed foods completely (especially at dinner time) which worsen your problem by making your dehydrated.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine, as they dehydrate the body and prolongs this problem of painful urination.
- Drink cranberry juice regularly to treat urinary tract or bladder infections, as it effectively fights against the bacteria causing infection.
- Warm lemon water in the morning with an empty stomach will help to alkalize the body and thus prevent the recurrence of this infection.
- Always use cotton underwear and prevent wearing tight jeans and pants. Also, avoid staying in moist clothes or swimsuits for a longer time.
- Never ever hold your urine for a long time, as it gives the chance of bacterial growth and acidifies your system.
- Don’t use vaginal sprays, douches and annoying soaps to get quick relief from the infection.
- Consult your doctor if your symptoms persist for a week for proper diagnose and treatment.
Try these natural ways to get rid of dysuria (painful urination). Do you know any other effective methods? Then share it with us in the below comments box.