Introducing coconut oil to your beauty tactics is not a new concept. Now-a-days every beauty products from shampoos to body lotions has coconut oil as an essential ingredient. It is naturally stuffed with antioxidants and antibacterial properties that helps to protect you from inducing allergic symptoms or skin problems.
Due to some health issues like diabetes, skin diseases and hair you may fall sick and look depressed. It can be due to the poor health or sometimes by the usage of commercial products that uses harmful chemical thereby spoiling health and beauty.
Here In this article we come up with a solution to your problems that are very severe and knocks you all the time. The secret lies in coconut oil which has high nutrition that helps to cure several problems naturally. Because you have already made coconut oil as an essential ingredient in your kitchen. You will be surprised to know how good the coconut oil is for your health and beauty.
The coconut oil has become a trend-setter for those are willing to care of beauty by following natural methods.
Amazing Beauty Tricks With Coconut Oil
“Beauty begins the moment you decide to start using kitchen ingredients.”
A study shows that Coconut oil contains large portion of lauric acid, high saturated fats that raises blood cholesterol levels in human’s body and is recommended to consume in limited amounts or avoided. The main purpose of using coconut oil is that it not only cure the health problems but also prevents from occurring.
Coconut oil for Hair
Coconut oil is helpful for hair problems like dull hair and slow growth over the years. Your hair gets dry just because you are not providing enough oil to moisturize the scalp. So it is necessary to use coconut oil to moisturize your hair which works well and look lustrous.
Causes for Dry Hair
Reason for your dry hair includes environmental conditions, improper care for your hair and internal health. Some of the factors are listed below…
- Washing hair very often.
- Using harsh shampoos and conditioners that contains harmful compounds like polyethylene glycol.
- Spending time in a hot and dry climate.
- Frequent swimming in chlorinated (or salt) water.
- In some cases it can also be due to the health problems that affects hair like hypothyroidism.
Remedy for Dry Hair
Method (Coconut oil)
- To use coconut oil for dry hair, simply warm it by placing in a bowl.
- After sometime apply the warm coconut oil on your scalp and hair.
- Do massage to your hair for some time with fingers gently.
- The very next day take shower bath with natural shampoo and conditioner to get off oil from hair.
- Do this once in every week or daily if you have severe dry hair problem.
- After few weeks, you can observe the shiny and lustrous hair.
- Do not opt for laser hair treatments.
- Do not allow your hair to dry out very quickly using driers and other sources.
- Avoid usage of shampoo and conditioners daily.
- Avoid walking in a polluted areas i.e. where the percentage of harmful pollutants are extreme higher than the normal
Dandruff is a skin condition that mainly affects on your scalp. The condition is more worse in winter season. During adult ages Iit is more commonly seen in males than females. The bacteria, fungus are responsible for the growth of dandruff on your silky hair and itchy scalp. As coconut oil is highly moisturizing agent, it can also be used to treat dandruff caused by dry weather conditions.
Causes for Dandruff
- Dirty scalp
- Irregular combing and over styling your hair
- Due to skin diseases
- Long term medication
- Mental stress and improper diet
Remedy for Dandruff
Method (Coconut oil)
Here is the simple procedure to overcome dandruff problem using coconut oil. For this..
- Take 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a small bowl and warm for 2 minutes.
- Do not apply coconut oil immediately after taking out from the boiler or heating machine.
- Wait for few minutes and now apply it to your scalp with fingers mostly at night times.
- Massage with oil on your scalp and hair for 5 minutes to apply evenly down to the hair roots.
- Put a shower cap on your hair and leave it overnight.
- The very next day clean your hair with natural shampoo and follow the same procedure regularly if you are facing dandruff issue continuously.
Method-2 (Coconut oil and Tea tree oil)
Using coconut oil with a combination of tea tree oil is easy and effective to maintain healthy hair and scalp. The simple procedure to treat dandruff is given below…
- Add few drops of pure coconut oil into a bowl and allow it to warm for 2 minutes.
- Let the oil be cooled for some time hardly 5 minutes and add tea tree oil to it.
- Stir the mixture gently for 2-3 minutes and apply it on your hair.
- Now do massage evenly to your hair and repeat the process daily.
- Within a month, you can see the improvement in your hair growth by eliminating dandruff completely.
Coconut oil for Face
Now a days blackheads are the most common skin problems. They may appear on skin when the hair follicles become clogged due to the secretion of sebum. Black heads are also found on chest, neck, arms and shoulders.
Causes for Blackheads
- During teen ages, undergoing hormonal changes that increase the oil production.
- By taking drugs like lithium and corticosteroids.
- Hair follicles on dead skin do not shed away on regular basis.
Remedy for Blackheads
Healthy diet improves skin quality and completely eliminates the blackheads. It can also be cured with pure coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in triglycerides or fatty acids that nourishes and protects your skin from blackheads.
Method-1 (Coconut oil)
- To overcome blackhead problems, fill a bowl with warm water.
- Allow it to cool down for some time and then lean over the bowl for 5-10 minutes covering your head with a blanket or towel.
- Now the pores on your face will open up due to the effect of steam.
- Immediately apply coconut oil on your face in a circular motion. Be careful while applying around your eyes.
- Give a quick massage so that skin absorbs the oil completely.
- When the oil penetrates the skin, it strengthens the structural components and thereby reduces the blackheads.
Method-2 (Coconut oil- Baking soda- ACV)
Baking soda is an awesome stuff for baking, cleaning and deodorizing. It is an excellent ingredient for pesky blackheads on your face. For better results you can mix baking soda with coconut oil and the procedure is as follows…
- For this take 1 tbsp of baking soda, coconut oil and organic ACV (apple cider vinegar).
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a thick paste.
- Before applying on your face, wash with warm water to clean dirt and open up the pores.
- Now apply the paste to your face concentrating on blackhead areas.
- Massage your skin for 5-10 minutes to loosen up dead skin, blackheads and dirt underneath the surface.
Dry eyes situation occurs when the eyes do not produce tears or evoparate tears quickly. It is common in older people but can also occur at any age. Symptoms include dryness, burning of eyes and lack of vitamin A nutrient deficiency results in dry eyes.
Causes for Dry Eyes
Here is the list of things that everyone should avoid that may result in dry eyes…
- Heavy dose of pills.
- Prolonged computer usage.
- Excess caffeine consumption.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption.
There is no such prevention for dry eyes problem, It can be just prevented by using wet and lubricating oil drops and ointments or make use of natural home remedies.
Remedy for Dry Eyes
Method (Coconut oil)
- Take few drops of coconut oil and put it on your each eye.
- Do it twice a day-morning and evening times for a week.
- There is a substantial decrease in the dryness of the eye.
- Additionally, it also helps to soften and moisturize the skin around eyes.
- For a couple of minutes, your eyes may be cloudy, but soon they clear up.
To avoid dry eyes problem, you must take nutrient foods i.e. rich in vitamin A like dark green vegetables carrot, peppers, eggs and fish contains omega-3 fatty acids and retinol that helps to cure eye-related problems.
Acne is a chronic, inflammatory skin disease that causes spots and pimples on your face and other body parts. To avoid this problem, coconut oil (anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties) and raw honey are the 2 powerful healing foods that have been used to treat common ailments and supports beauty of one’s hair and skin. When you combine these 2 superfoods they are more powerful. Add this duo- combination to your routine health and beauty tips so as to treat acne scars problem.
Causes for Acne
- Fluctuating hormone levels in women.
- Too much of washing your face can dry out the skin.
- Air pollution can be the reason for your acne problem.
- You might be using the wrong products that damages your skin.
Remedy for Acne Scars
Method-1 (Coconut oil, Honey and Tea tree oil)
- Simply add few drops of honey and coconut oil in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Now apply the mixture to your neck and face with fingertips.
- Allow the mixture to settle for 20 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- If the problem is severe then add few drops of tea tree oil to the solution.
- Applying this mixture will give you fast relief from severe acne problems.
Method-2 (Coconut oil and Eucalyptus oil)
Many people know that the leaves of eucalyptus is served as a primary food source, but can also used to extract essential oil that has many health benefits. You can use coconut oil directly for acne problem but is much better when added with eucalyptus essential oil.
- Purchase a bottle of eucalyptus oil and pure coconut oil.
- If the coconut oil is not liquid at room temperature then warm 2 tablespoons gently in a pan.
- Now pour 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 4 drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl.
- Stir the mixture and apply gently on your skin daily.
- Seal the container and place it in fridge to use it the very next day.
Causes for chapped lips
- Exposure to sun and cool air.
- Mouth breathing and lip licking.
- Dehydration i.e. Not drinking enough water.
Remedy for chapped lips
Method-1 (Coconut oil and Lemon juice)
- Before you go to take coconut oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Now mix them both in a bowl and is ready to use.
- Apply few drops on your lips and massage with fingers gently.
- The minerals in the essential oil add moisture to the lips to cure dryness and looks soft and smooth.
Method-2 (Coconut oil, Cinnamon and Honey)
- The ingredients to perform this method are 2 tbsp of coconut oil, 1tbsp of cinnamon, 1 tbsp of raw honey.
- Now combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir it with a spoon or fork.
- Rub the mixture in circular motion on your lips (with little rough area).
- Leave it for 30 minutes or so and clean with warm water.
- Store the mixture in air-tight container in a refrigerator (cool location).
- Within few weeks you can see the change from chapped lips to glossy lips.
Coconut oil for Cracked feet
It may cause discomfort when you walk barefoot and may result in cracked feet. Cracked feet is the common foot problem mostly found in women which may cause severe pain, irritations and infections. It is mainly obtained by the dead skin and dryness of the foot. Various moisturizing creams are available to cure and prevent cracked feet. Of all the commercial products, coconut oil is the best and cheapest way to treat cracked feets naturally.
Causes for Cracked Feet
- If you are a diabetic patient.
- Due to cool weather conditions.
- If you don’t moisturize your feet.
- If you don’t drink enough water.
- Soaking the foot in hot water very frequently.
Remedy for Cracked Feet
Method-1 (Coconut oil)
- Buy pure coconut oil available in natural health stores than drugstore products that contain coconut oil mixed with small amounts of butter and milk.
- Apply some warm coconut oil directly on the feet and massage it for few minutes.
- If the problem is severe, you may fill the gaps in cracks with solid coconut oil for fast pain relief.
- Now wear the socks and go to sleep. Do this daily at night times before you go to bed for better results.
- Very soon you can see the improvements i.e. reducing the cracks and pain.
Method-2 (Coconut oil, Lemon juice and Liquid soap)
Another method is to soak foot in a tub filled with hot water.
- Add 1tbsp of coconut oil, (1/4) cup of lemon juice and (1/2) cup of liquid soap.
- Stir well, immense your feet and soak it for 15-20 minutes.
- Start scrubbing your heel with pumice stone and pat dry with a towel.
Coconut oil for Soft Hands
Coconut oil is considered as a natural remedy for treatment and preventive measures over the centuries. It contains the antioxidants that protects against the free radical damage which may also cause damaged skin and wrinkles.
Want to make soft hands, best way is to make use of hand creams and lotions. But this won’t work all the time cause they are loaded with several chemicals that can bring allergic reactions on your hands. Instead you can opt for homemade scrub formulated for your hands.
Method-1 (Coconut oil and Honey)
- Choose ingredients that suits your body for preparing a natural scrub for soft hands.
- Better to stir 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 2 tbsp of raw honey together in a small-sized bowl.
- Now do massage with mixture by taking homemade marble-sized scrub into your hands for 5 minutes.
- Allow it to dry out for sometime and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times per week.
Method-2 (Coconut oil, Honey and Salt)
- Using the 3 ingredients coconut oil, honey and salt helps to improve moisture levels, softens skin and removes odors from your hands (the pungent onion smells).
- Procedure is same as method-1 but the extra ingredient salt is added to the mixture.
- Put the mixture on your hands using cotton balls.
- Leave the mixture to become dry on hands for sometime.
- Wash with warm water, you can observe soft, shiny skin on your hands. It also completely eliminates the dust on your hands and looks amazing.