Are you wasting hundreds of dollars in pedicure every month? With an electric callus remover, you no longer have to wait for pedicure appointment, spend more money and take out your precious time from your tight schedule.
[amazon bestseller=”Electric Callus Removers” items=”5″ template=”table” tracking_id=”callusremove-20″]
Electric callus removers are helpful in removing dead skin and dry layers (callus) accumulated on our feet to expose the healthy skin. Also provides a spa finish at home anytime. Isn’t that exciting? But finding the right callus remover can be painstakingly difficult. A wrong choice can leave you with a product that is useless.
That is why, our expert team has taken the matter up to their sleeves and performed thorough research on the products available in the market for more than 40 hours. And finally… picked up the best callus removers.
Apart from that, we have also considered the factors mentioned in the buying guide before shortlisting the products. You can see the list of products below the buying guide.
Best Electric Callus Removers
|Callus Removers||Warranty||Buy Now|
|QQCute||1 year||Check the Price|
|Own Harmony||6 months||Check the Price|
|Emoji Micro-Pedi Nano||8 months||Check the Price|
|Emjoi Micro-Pedi Pro||8 months||Check the Price|
|Zoe+Ruth Electric||1 year||Check the Price|
|Naturalico||6 months||Check the Price|
|NatureTech||-||Check the Price|
|Amope Pedi Perfect||1 year||Check the Price|
|Care Me||6 months||Check the Price|
|Amope Pedi Perfect||1 year||Check the Price|
QQcute Electric Callus Remover has grabbed first place in our list due to its ergonomic design, anti-slip, durability and other extraordinary features. This callus remover can effectively and gently remove the dead skin and deep cracks. It leaves the feet feel smooth, silky and soft just like a professional pedicure.
It has two speed control settings so, you can personalize a more comfortable one and enjoy the salon at home. It has an extra bacterial UV light which is designed in order to kill bacteria residing in the cracks of the skin.
Rechargeable battery is provided with this electric callus remover. It can be recharged up to 1000 times in its life. With 7 hours of recharge, it can continuously work for 40 minutes. 2 extra coarse roller heads are provided for rough and delicate grinding over the feet.
Its non-slip handle ensures a strong, secure and comfortable grip. Its portable, compact and lightweight design makes it easy to carry around while you travel.
- Powerful, quick and effective.
- Rechargeable up to 1000 times per day.
- 2 speed control setting.
- Bacterial UV light feature.
- Can be used continuously for 40 minutes.
- 2 extra coarse holders for delicate and rough grinding.
- Non-slip handle.
- 1 year warranty.
- Nothing much.
Tired of scrubbing your feet with grating like tools and pumice stone? Now, pamper your feet with a spa like experience and get smooth feet within minutes (without much struggling) with Own Harmony Electric Callus Remover.
This new and improved version has 3 times more power than other rechargeable brands in the market. You don’t have to plug-in the callus remover. Recharge it once and use multiple times to get baby like feet.
Its ergonomic design and light in weight features makes it easy to hold while removing callus. The roller is made up of quartz micro mineral crystals which last for a very long time. This callus remover has 11% more surface area than others.
The roller is much safer than pumice stone, metal files and grate-like tools. Its pressure-sensitive technology protects the skin from cuts and irritation.
- 3x more powerful.
- Professional results in minutes.
- Built-in rechargeable battery.
- Rollers with 11% more surface.
- Hassle free and easy to clean.
- Ergonomic and light weight design.
- The plastic material is a bit delicate.
Emoji Micro-Pedi is a favorite callus remover of many women due to its small size and great functionality. If you are a regular traveler then it is the best companion. Though it has a micro roller, its powerful motor makes it efficient in removing the calloused skin on the feet.
The roller is enhanced with micro mineral particles which will remove the dead skin and leave baby like smooth feet. When you want to replace the micro-rollers, you can easily do it as they are compatible with any micro-pedi rollers in the segment.
The roller will spin 360 degrees at an amazing speed of 30 times per second. As the device should be connected to electric cord, you don’t have to replace the batteries once they are out. The efficiency of this model is accepted by American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Accepted by the American Podiatrist.
- All micro-pedi refill roller are compatible with micro-pedi models.
Emjoi micro-pedi is powerful and electrically operated callus remover which is designed to smoothen the rough, dry and calloused skin within few seconds. It not only saves your time but also provides better results than a salon pedicure.
The unique roller spins 360 degrees at a speed of 30 times per second which effectively buffs away the hard skin without the hassle.
It is much safer than metal scrapes and easier to use than a pumice stone. The roller contains micro mineral particles which remove dead skin instantly.
- Approved by American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Safer and more effective.
- Saves time and money.
- Spins 360 degrees at 30 times per second.
- Best-selling pedicure kit.
- Nothing much.
With Zoe-Ruth Electric Callus Remover, say goodbye to ugly, dry and cracked feet. Using this electric foot file, you can gently remove rough, tough, course and dry skin.
The new 2017 model of this product is even more powerful than the older one. It is made up of premium quality ABS materials. It is water resistant and CE approved as well.
The corded long lasting rechargeable battery makes it economical as you don’t have to waste money on replacing batteries. The product includes 3 micro-abrasive rollers so it is last for a longer period of time. The sleek design makes it perfect for gifting too.
- 3 roller grinding heads.
- CE approved.
- Water resistant.
- Bonus travel storage case.
- Reengineered to handle tough calluses.
- Not so effective in travels.
Remove chapped, dead, and dry skin within seconds using naturalico callus remover. This remover has a roller that spins 40 times per second (which is much more than other products).
The built-in 1200MaH battery provided by this product can be charged up to 1000 times in their lifetime. It can be charged up to 8 hours and can be used continuously for 40 minutes.
The red and green light indicator will let you know whether battery is full or not. This product is very simple to use. It is best suited for both men and women.
- Roller spins 360° at speeds of 40 turns per second
- Battery can be charged more than 1,000 times during its lifetime.
- Red and green light indicator.
- Can be continuously for 40 minutes.
- Bad customer service.
- Doesn’t come with money back guarantee.
NatureTech is the most powerful pedicure which provides a smooth spa like within few minutes. This product runs by Nickel-Cadmium rechargeable battery which can be charge up to 1,000 times in its lifetime.
Once it is completely charges, you can keep the product running for 40 times. It gently removes away hard, calloused skin. It is also suitable for commercial spas and pedicure salons.
You don’t have to waste money on replacing the batteries as the product comes with rechargeable battery. It has a light, easily angled design which makes it easy to use and carry around. The refillable roller which is made up of mineral stone spins 360 degrees to pulverize the dead skin.
- Economical and ergonomic.
- Water resistant.
- Suited for commercial salons as well.
- Powerful and trustworthy product.
- Rechargeable batteries.
- Abrasive Surface for Continuous Filing.
- The plastic material used is not so sturdy.
Want soft feet within few minutes then trust none other than Amope Pedi Perfect. With this product, you can effortlessly remove dry, dead and calloused feet.
This product is waterproof so you can use it in the shower as well. Make sure use it with Amope pedi perfect wet and dry foot file. You don’t have to change the batteries because you can recharge it with cordless with the docking station.
It has a dual speed controlling system so you can use the one you are comfortable with. Its ergonomically designed soft touch handle provides comfort, secure grip for wet and dry feet.
- Dual speed control.
- Cordless, docking station to charge.
- Soft touch handle.
- Nothing Much.
Care Me electric callus remover is one of the most powerful foot scrubber. Its improved and enhanced motor spins at 40 turns per second which provides attractive and sexy feet within just minutes. It can also be used on dry feet to remove the callus.
This callus remover has a 1,000 mAH nickel-hydride battery which can be charged almost 1,000 times over its life. With 8 hours of recharge, this callus remover works for 40 minutes without any worry.
It comes with 2 quality and durable coarse rollers: one for hard skin and other for tough calluses. This callus remover is backed up by 6 months manufacturer’s warranty.
- Premium rechargeable battery.
- 40 turns per second.
- Runs continuously for 40 minutes.
- 2 rollers.
- 6 months warranty.
- The quality of material is a bit low.
Last but not least, amope pedi electronic foot file is also a simple, portable callus remover. It gently and effectively removes the thick, calloused skin on the feet.
The head roller spins 360 degrees 40 times per minute. This callus remover runs on AA batteries and when they are out, you can replace them with the new ones. The ergonomic design and soft touch handle makes it effortless while removing the callus on the feet.
- Easy to get started and simple operation.
- 3 rollers for speed settings.
- Effective for good pedicure.
- Batteries are not rechargeable, so you have to replace.
How to Choose an Electric Callus Remover
If you are wondering, how we picked up the best then below you will have ultimate guide for choosing an electric callus remover.
There are only two different types of electric callus removers: corded and cordless. You can choose anyone based upon your preference.
- Corded: This one has to be plugged to an outlet. So, you cannot use it in the shower or underwater.
- Cordless: They use batteries for operation so an outlet is not required. If the device is waterproof then you can use it underwater as well.
Note: Some cordless removers have built-in rechargeable batteries. You have to plug them to an outlet for certain time to get them re-charged. Some other forms of cordless devices come with batteries (traditional). You can replace them whenever they are out of power.
Choose an electric callus remover which has ergonomic design and easy to maintain. It should have a detachable roller and firm grip so that you can clean the roller easily. LED illumination can be added advantage as you can see the area you are exfoliating.
Choose a product that comes with at least 1 year warranty which states that the manufacturer can vouch for the products quality and durability.
The product you choose should have roller’s speed adjustment feature. It helps to control the harshness of the product.
Benefits of an Electric Callus Remover
Below are few advantages of using an electric callus remover instead of pedicure spas.
Callus removers provide effective results just like any professional pedi-spa. Either you have thick calluses or you just want to maintain the heels smoothly, you can surely find the results within few minutes and without any mess.
2. Worthy for Price
Electric callus removers are quite affordable. When compared to spa and podiatrist appointments, investing on an electric callus remover is relatively very small.
It is completely safe to use an electric callus remover compared to manual ones. They are specially designed to prevent you from getting an injury. And moreover unlike manual ones, electric removers are easy to operate.
Electric callus removers are waterproof so you can use them in bathrooms as well. They don’t required to be plugged every time you use – as recharging them on docking station or using batteries is sufficient. You can also use them on any body parts: because callus can occur on hands as well.
As it is pocket-sized, electric callus removers are travel-friendly. You can just place them in your handbag and take it with you anywhere you want. It is a great option for people who travel a lot.
6. Time Saving
With electric callus removers, you no longer have to wait for hours to get your pedicure done. It just takes 5 – 10 minutes of time to get smooth silky feet, unless you want a complete pampering session.
7. Easy Operation
These devices are very simple to operate and have straightforward functionalities. Its ergonomic design perfectly fits in your hand. Its easy grip enables maximum agility and comfortability.
Few Tips for Effective Removal of Calluses
Either you choose electric or manual device, the callus has to be softened initially for effective results. So, we recommend soaking your feet or affected area in warm water for few minutes. Pat them dry for removing the excess moisture. Now, run the callus remover on the dead skin. You can also perform after a long shower.
Make sure you perform the removal very gently, especially if you are using manual blades. Because vigorous removal can lead to soreness, bleeding and risk of infections. If you are a beginner then start slowly and understand your pace. It is better to take off dead skin in small amount at a time to prevent irritation.
Apply moisturizer on your feet after removing the calluses. It not only makes your feet look smooth but also prevents calluses to some extent. Choose a moisturizer that contains ammonium lactate, salicylic acid, or urea as they have capability to soften the skin.
Always wear properly fitted socks and shoes to prevent friction – which can lead to calluses. Tight shoes and socks made up of wool can irritate the skin and harden it.
Tips to Consider After Removing the Calluses
Once you have removed the dead/dry skin using callus remover, you will have a smooth skin. For retaining the smoothness and rejuvenated skin, you have to follow some instructions.
- After removing the callus, gently wash the skin with soap and water.
- Apply any moisturizing lotion or oil to moisturize and deeply exfoliate the skin. This also improves the smoothness of the skin.
- Keep a close eye on your feet. If the calluses re-appear, use the callus remover as a maintenance tool. Make sure to get rid of the calluses before it gets too much and forms cracks.
How to Maintain a Callus Remover?
If you want your callus remover to lasts for a very long time then it is important to maintain it properly.
- You have to replace the roller head once in 2 – 4 months based on how frequently you use it.
- Make sure to keep the callus removing roller head clean. You can easily wash it with normal soap and water. Or else, you can use a mini-brush to remove the fine callus dust on the coarse remover. This extends the list of the remover.
- If your electric callus remover is waterproof then you clean the complete device without any worries. Cleaning helps in removing the trapped dead skin in the fine spaces present on the roller.
- Make sure to place it in a safe location and don’t toss it around. Placing it in a sage spot or drawer would be a good option.
Few Tips and Precautions to Reduce the Recurrence of Calluses
- Avoid wearing tight fitted shoes as the pressure caused by it can lead to calluses and cracks.
- If interested, wear protected pads on feet. It helps in protected the affected area from getting worse.
- If you have any ailment then it is better to take anti-inflammatory tablets which can be purchased at pharmacy.
- If you are worried about getting infections through calluses and cracks then take antibiotics or apply ointments associated for it.
- If calluses have deformed the shape of your feet then consider wearing shoe inserts. They help to prevent any further deformity.
- If calluses are detected in early stage then it is very easy to eradicate them. Here are few signs that indicate possibility of calluses – thickening or roughening the skin’s outer layer, discomfort under feet when slight pressure is applied, tiny bumps or lesion and other symptoms. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms then use a callus remover.
Manual Vs Electric Callus Remover
There are different types of callus removers – manual, electric and cream/gels. Let’s have a detailed explanation of each one…
1. Manual Callus Remover
This device contains coarse surface which has to be moved back and forth on feet to remove the dead skin. They are available in different sizes and shapes. For example: some of are designed like cheese graters while some of them look like rasps or razor blades. As you can pause in-between the cleaning sessions, you will have more control over the results. The coarse surface of the manual callus remover is harsh, so make sure you are not applying it aggressively. If proper care is not taken then it can lead to bruises, cuts, soreness and revelation of too much sensitive skin.
Some of its benefits include –
- Cheap at price.
- Control over the skin removal.
- Much effective in stubborn callus removal.
Some of its drawbacks include –
- Only designed for feet.
- Proper care has to be taken to avoid too much skin removal.
- It is not suitable for wrists or hands.
2. Electric Callus Remover
This device contains a roller – cylinder shaped sandpaper which spins when switched on. When the spinning roller is placed on feet, it removes the dead and dry skin. The most beneficial part of an electric callus remover is easy operation.
Their functionality is much gentle than other manual ones. And moreover they can be used on multiple parts of the body. If you press the roller hard unknowingly then the device will stop to prevent too much skin removal.
The roller scrapes the dry skin into small grains of skin dust which is so fine that some beginners misjudge it to smoke. As the dust creates a mess, we recommend using this machine where you can collect the dust easily for disposal.
The rollers can wear down after certain uses. So, you have to purchase spare rollers which can be an ongoing cost. When it comes to fastness, electric ones are not much faster than the manual ones.
Some of its benefits include –
- Gentle than manual ones.
- Easy to use and operate.
- You can use it on different body parts.
Some of its drawbacks include –
- The fine dust created by this remover can be messy.
- Roller refills are on-going expenditure.
- Usually, takes much time than coarse manual remover.
Usually, manual callus removers last for a very long time than electric callus removers because they don’t contain any complicated parts. However, if the manual remover has removable blades (is mircoplane style) then you have to remove the blades whenever they become dull.
As the motors can wear out over a period of time, electric ones are not as durable as manual ones. However, electric ones are very convenient to use. If durability is one of your major concerns then purchase a device that has an extended warranty period.
Note: Callus removers are only capable of removing dead skin. For smooth and silky finish, you have to follow it up with moisturizer. Unless, you remove the root cause, calluses will return. Callus remover will not prevent the calluses from returning.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Much Does a Callus Remover Cost?
Usually, callus removers are completely budget-friendly. Based on which model you choose, the price ranges from $10 – $40. As per our research, you can get manual ones at as low as $7 and electric ones as high as $50. So, you can choose based up on your interest and convenience.
2. Is it Dangerous to Remove Callus on Feet?
Actually, callus removers are not dangerous until unless you are gentle while using it. However, if you are diabetic or have extremely thick and painful calluses then we don’t recommend using callus removers. Instead of using it, we recommend consulting a dermatologist or podiatrist.
3. How often can I Use a Callus Remover?
Usually, you can use callus remover once in a day. However, if you just want to maintain your feet smooth and callus free then you can use it 1 or 2 times in a week.
4. Can I Use Callus Remover on Hand?
If you are using electric callus remover then its fine. But don’t use manual ones for hand calluses as they are too harsh for the delicate skin.
5. Can I Get Rid of Cracked Heels with Callus Remover?
Nope, callus remover cannot treat cracked heels. But as it removes the dead skin away, by applying hydrating creams or balms, you can heal the cracks easily.
6. How Often Can I Clean the Callus Remover?
We recommend to wash the device after each use. Because, if the dead skin is left, it can damage the coarseness of the roller or it can become a spot for breeding bacteria leading to infections.
7. Is Callus Removing Gel Effective than Manual/Electric Remover?
Callus removing gels and creams are commonly used in some spa and nail salons. Generally, this cream/gel is applied on layers of dry and dead skin. It is left on for certain period of time and washed off – which washes away the dry skin as well.
However during our testing, the results have been different from one person to another, even same product was used. Some people experienced instant results but some only saw results after a repeated application.
In most of the cases, a manual or electric callus remover was still used after using the gel for effective results. That is the reason we haven’t picked up them in our best list of callus remover products.
Some of its benefits include –
- Easy application.
- Travel friendly.
Some of its drawbacks include –
- It is not recommended for cracked or bleeding skin.
- It contains harsh chemicals which can causes rashes/burns if you have sensitive skin.
- Some may require multiple applications for effective results.
With electric callus removers, you may no longer have to wait for spa appointments and spend money monthly. You can get the callus removed and smooth feet within minutes anywhere and anytime.
As per our choice, we will go with “QQCute Electric Callus Remover” because of its quality and other beneficial features.
Which electric callus remover were you using? What is your choice among the above? Share it with us.
Further, if you have any queries, write to us in the comment section below. Our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.