Environment pollution, stress, hormonal imbalance, sun exposure, chlorinated water and excessive usage of hair styling products are some triggers damaging our hair and make it look dry and dull.
Our hair is our beauty, as without hair we can’t do any styles. So, protect it by following some natural hair masks rather than using harsh chemical based cosmetic hair care products or spa treatments.
Natural masks will nourish your hair and improve the overall health of your scalp and strands. Regular follow-up will definitely withstand the damage caused by cosmetic hair products and makes your hair strong and shiny.
Don’t worry, as these masks won’t waste your day time. These are overnight hair masks which you can follow at night before going to bed. Let’s get started.
Hair Mask – 1: (Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil moisturizes your hair and scalp by penetrating deep into the skin. It has essential fatty acids that protect hair from roots, prevents breakage and promotes shiny and healthy hair growth. It disinfects the scalp with its antimicrobial properties.
- Warm enough virgin organic coconut oil slightly to convert it into a liquid state.
- Brush your hair from roots to tip thoroughly.
- Apply coconut oil by starting from the roots to the hair ends.
- Massage gently for few minutes till your hair strands observed the hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for overnight.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo followed by conditioner in the next morning.
- Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a week for best results against hair damage.
- Or mix 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 4 – 5 tablespoons of almond milk in 3 – 4 tablespoons of egg white. Stir well and apply it on the hair and brush it gently. Leave it on for overnight and rinse off with cold water and mild shampoo. Repeat twice a week to get rid of dull and damaged hair.
- Or simply mix few drops of lavender oil in 2 – 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and apply it on the hair evenly. Wear a shower cap and leave for overnight. Rinse off in the morning for hair growth.
- Alternatively, coconut milk also helps for healthy hair and gives smooth shine and manageable frizz free hair. Mix 1 tablespoon of argan oil in 1 cup of fresh coconut milk and apply it on all over the scalp and hair. Leave for a whole night and rinse in the morning.
Mask – 2: (Avocado)
Avocado contains all essential oils that are required to moisturize and rejuvenate your hair. It has a rich source of proteins, amino acids, minerals and vitamins that help for healthy hair growth.
- When avocado mixed with olive oil, it repairs the dull and damaged hair.
- Mash 1/2 a ripe avocado and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it.
- Stir well and apply it on your scalp and hair.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap and leave for overnight.
- Rinse off in the morning and repeat 1 – 2 times a week to get rid of dry and frizzy hair.
- Or mix 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of honey. Stir well and apply it on the hair to get rid of damaged hair.
- Or else, mix, 2 tablespoons of honey, 10 drops of argan oil and 1 – 3 drops of tea tree oil in 1 mashed ripe avocado. Stir well and apply it on the hair. Rinse off after 20 – 30 minutes to get rid of dandruff.
Tips and Precautions:
- Mix some raw honey in 1 glass of milk and massage on the scalp and hair. Leave it on for overnight and rinse off in the morning to get rid of many hair problems.
- Regular oil massages with any of these oils like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, any essential oil with the combination of carrier oils will help to promote the healthy hair.
- Drink plenty of water and consume more of fresh fruits and vegetables along with some regular exercises to flush out the toxins or impurities causing hair problems.
- Avoid excessive usage of hair dryers, hot curlers, hot brushes, straighteners, hair styling products, low-quality hair bands, harsh chemical based shampoos and conditioner which result in hair damage.
- Use a wide tooth comb with soft bristles for brushing your hair and also avoid brushing your wet hair.
- Trim your hair regularly, comb daily and shampoo your hair for 2 – 3 times weekly, etc. should be followed for proper hair care.
- If you have a continuous hair loss then it’s must to consult your doctor to know the exact reason and then treatment as per your problem.
Try these masks at home for healthy hair growth and share your experience with us in the comments section.