Whenever the hair follicles get blocked with excess sebum (oil) or dead skin cells then it results in the inflammatory skin problem called Acne or Pimples. The major causes for getting pimples / acne blemishes are hormonal imbalance, aging, unhealthy diet, improper skin care hygiene, stress, etc. These bumps appear more on face, neck, chest and back and thus make you feel embarrassed while looking at them in the mirror.
Usage of natural remedies at home will bring more long lasting results without any side effects to the skin rather than using over the counter medications or treatments. Aloe vera is one such best natural remedy suggested for treating pimples by most of the natural Ayurvedic practitioners.
Aloe vera is also known as miracle plant or plant of immortality that exhibits many health and beauty benefits. Here are some of its beneficial properties that clarify your doubt on how aloe vera is effective in curing acne.
- Sap of aloe produces hormones such as gibberellins and polysaccharides which have antibacterial and antiseptic properties that protect the skin by fighting against the P. acnes bacteria.
- It has soothing and anti – inflammatory properties that reduce the inflammation, pain, irritation and itching on skin, which are the main symptoms of acne.
- Magnesium lactate in aloe helps to clear itching caused by acne. Aloe also has essential fatty acids and salicylic acid that alleviate acne breakouts.
- Glycoprotein is a substance present in aloe vera that used to heal and reduce pain, redness and other discomforts caused by acne.
- It has astringent and antioxidant properties that cleanse the skin pores from deposited sebum, dead skin cells or dirt which in turn used to reduce acne or pimples on the skin.
- It is rich in vitamins (C & E) that boost the immunity and nourishes the skin. It also purifies the blood to stimulate the growth of skin cells to replace the damage cells and heal the skin from acne quickly.
Aloe vera can be used alone or combined with other ingredients to give relief from acne. Here, we have come up with 3 best and widely used aloe vera methods for diminishing pimples.
Method – 1: (Aloe Vera)
This is the simplest way of using aloe vera on acne. Here we are applying aloe vera directly to get rid of pimples.
Steps to be followed…
- Wash the acne affected skin areas with mild soap and warm water.
- Dry the skin with a soft and clean towel.
- Take a thick aloe vera leaf and cut its edges to open the leaf.
- Then gently squeeze the gel from the leaf and spread this gel on the pimples affected skin areas.
- Wait for few minutes to get dry completely on skin.
- If you want, you can wash it off with lukewarm water followed by cool water or else leave it like that.
- For more effective results, apply the aloe vera gel at night time before bed time and leave it for overnight.
- Repeat the aloe application regularly for 2 – 3 times a day to get faster relief from pimples.
- Or simply blend aloe vera gel with little of water and apply it on affected skin areas by using a cotton ball.
- Alternatively, boil pre-shredded aloe vera leaves in water for at least 15 minutes and turn off the heat. Let it cool down and strain it. Use this solution to wipe it off on affected skin areas.
Method – 2: (Aloe Vera Mask with Lemon)
Lemon disinfects the skin pores to clear acne-causing bacteria and other impurities. This face mask heals acne and its scars on the skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Squeeze out to extract aloe vera gel from aloe leaf and place it in a bowl.
- Add few drops of fresh lemon juice in aloe gel.
- Stir it well till both are mixed properly and apply it on the clean face and neck as a mask.
- Massage it gently for 2 – 3 minutes for the mix to get absorbed into the skin.
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft and clean cloth to apply moisturizer (or a little of aloe vera gel).
- Store the remaining mix in an airtight container and place it in refrigerator for regular usage.
- Also, replace the lemon juice with raw honey and follow the same process.
- Or add egg white (from an egg) in the aloe – lemon mix and spread it as a face mask.
Method – 3: (Aloe Vera Wiping Liquid with Calendula Tincture)
This combination is very effective in removing excess oil from skin pores and inflammation, as it cleanses and closes the skin pores. It is an aloe vera mix used to wipe your skin for clearing acne.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 2 tablespoons of calendula tincture in 3 – 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Then mix it in 1/4 cup of cooled boiled water.
- Stir well and use this solution to wipe your face for twice daily till these pimples are completely disappeared from skin.
- Simply you can carry this mix in an empty spray bottle to anywhere and use it regularly to clear the acne or pimple blemishes.
Tips and Precautions:
- Drinking aloe vera juice is another best way of clearing acne from inside the body.
- If you don’t have aloe vera plant handy then use organic aloe vera gel or juice that are easily available at health food stores or at your local pharmacy.
- Regular aloe application not only speeds up the healing process of acne but also decrease the potential for acne scars on skin.
- It’s not necessary to wash off the aloe application on the skin after getting dried completely, as it looks like normal skin.
- Be sure to check it on your skin to know whether it causing any allergic reaction or not and then continue using it regularly.
- Use organic aloe vera soaps which have glycerin for twice a day to reduce acne along with dry and flaky skin. Also, use aloe vera containing creams, cleansers or gels regularly.
- You can also mix tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, cosmetic clay, rosewater, turmeric, milk, and sugar, etc. with aloe vera gel and spread it on skin to get rid of acne and its scars.
- It’s recommended to fix your healthy diet and lifestyle, follow proper skin care hygiene, less usage of cosmetic products, reduce stress levels, etc. to get rid of these pimples now and then.
So, stop waiting and start using aloe vera for pimples. Let me know which one worked well for you in eliminating your acne.
Leave a Reply