Vomiting is a general body’s reaction done to get rid of a temporary problem that results in forcible expulsion of the stomach content. Simply it is a body’s way of removing the toxins that caused due to overeating, food poison, stomach flu or virus, pregnancy, motion sickness, intake of excess alcohol content, emotional stress, etc.
Nausea, headaches, stomachache, mild fever, dehydration, etc. are some of the symptoms experienced by the people suffering from vomiting.
Vomiting affects anyone at any time when you suffer from the above reasons. The best remedy is to drink more of liquids and fluids to prevent dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If vomiting persists and the condition become worse, consult your doctor immediately for treatment.
If you’re suffering normal vomiting or vomiting sensation, then try the below mentioned natural home remedies to prevent bouts of vomiting and thus give relief from the problem.
Remedy – 1: (Ginger)
Ginger aids in proper digestion and soothes your stomach to prevent the vomiting sensation. It also acts as a natural antiemetic that helps you to get rid of vomiting.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of fresh ginger juice and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl.
- Stir it well and consume it to get rid of vomiting.
- Continue taking it for several times in a day till you get complete relief from the vomiting.
Note: Also, drink ginger tea (or) ginger ale (or) chew fresh ginger slices (or) include in your cooking.
Remedy – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that eliminate the microbial action and soothes your irritated stomach. So, it is very effective in treating vomiting problem that occurred due to indigestion and food poisoning.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 glass of lukewarm water.
- Stir well and drink it to calm down your tummy and to prevent vomiting sensation.
- Repeat the intake of this vinegar drink for 2 – 3 times a day to prevent the problem.
Note: Or mix 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar in 1/2 cup of water and use this as your mouthwash after vomiting to freshen your breath, as the smell of vomit will cause more vomiting sensation.
Remedy – 3: (Cinnamon)
Cinnamon helps to calm down your stomach, stimulate proper digestion and treats vomiting and nausea that caused due to digestive problems.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (or a small cinnamon stick) in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Steep it for few minutes and then strain that water.
- Add a little honey and sip it slowly to get rid of vomiting and nausea.
- Repeat regularly to get complete relief from vomiting.
Note: It is not suitable for pregnant or nursing women and children.
Remedy – 4: (Clove)
Clove has anesthetic, soothing and antiseptic properties that help for proper digestion and clears vomiting sensation.
- Chew few cloves throughout the day till you get relief.
- Also, add few fried cloves in honey and mix well. Have it to get rid of vomiting and nausea.
- Or simply drink a cup of clove tea by boiling few cloves in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes. Strain it and drink it whenever you’re suffering from vomiting.
- Continue the intake of cloves for a faster relief.
Remedy – 5: (Fennel Seeds)
Fennel seeds stimulate proper digestion and treat the virus or stomach flu with its antimicrobial properties. So, it is an effective remedy for treating vomiting.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of crushed fennel seeds in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for about 10 minutes and strain it.
- Drink this fennel tea for once or twice a day to get control over vomiting.
- Or simply chew some fennel seeds to get quick relief from the problem.
- Also, chew 1/2 a teaspoon of aniseeds (or sprinkle roasted aniseed on vegetables and have it) which help to combat your problem.
Remedy – 6: (Mint)
Mint is very effective in controlling the vomiting sensation by removing the irritants in your intestine and esophagus. It aids in proper digestion and lessens the chances of vomiting.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried mint leaves in 1 cup of hot water.
- Stir well and let it steep for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain the mix and drink it to get rid of vomiting.
- Drink it 2 – 3 times a day till you get rid of vomiting and nausea.
- Or simply chew few fresh mint leaves for proper digestion and removal of toxins in a natural way.
- Also, mix 1 teaspoon each of fresh mint juice and lemon juice in 1 tablespoon of honey. Drink it 2 – 3 times daily for a faster relief.
Remedy – 7: (Cumin)
Cumin stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes and relieves you from vomiting sensations. It aids in proper digestion and clears stomach flu causing vomiting.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg in 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Mix it well in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to steep for few minutes and strain the mix.
- Drink it to get rid of the problem.
- Or mix 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds powder in 1 cup of warm water. Drink it for proper digestion.
- Also, mix some freshly powdered cumin seeds and cardamom powder in 1 teaspoon of honey. Stir well and consume it slowly to get rid of vomiting.
Remedy – 8: (Onion Juice)
Onion juice has natural antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the stomach and relieves you from the symptoms of vomiting.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of fresh onion juice and grated ginger.
- Stir well and consume this mix at regular intervals to get relief from the problem.
Note: Or mix 2 teaspoons of raw honey in 1/2 cup of onion juice. Have 1 tablespoon of this mix to clear the symptoms of vomiting. Repeat as needed till you get rid of the problem.
Tips and Precautions:
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids to stay hydrated and to maintain proper electrolyte balance which in turn helps to get quick recovery from vomiting and its symptoms. Also, it helps to flush out the toxins effectively from your body.
- Rice water alleviates vomiting (especially caused due to gastritis). Boil 1 cup of white rice in 1 – 1 ½ cups of water. Strain the liquid and drink this rice water (add lemon juice) to get rid of vomiting.
- Consume some saltine crackers or dry toast or pretzels especially for the pregnant women which help for easy digestion and relieve you from vomiting.
- Always consume light and bland meals (but not fried or oily foods) and also eat slowly by chewing the food properly.
Get enough rest but don’t sleep immediately after taking your meals.
- Avoid strong odors like cooking smells or painting or perfumes while you suffer from vomiting, as they might raise your sensations.
- Prepare your electrolyte mix by adding a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar in 1 glass of water. Drink it to set the imbalance and to stop your vomiting.
- Drink lemon juice which is filled with proteins and vitamins B & C along with other nutrients will help you to revive the energy which is lost by vomiting.
- Placing a hot compress like a hot water bottle or heating pad on your stomach will ease the cramps and give your relief from the problem.
- Consume yogurt and kefir which are rich in probiotics to replenish the good bacteria in your gut. Also, drink herbal teas (like green tea, chamomile tea) and other foods that are easy to digest (prefer more of fluids rather than solid food).
Follow these remedies and tips when you’re suffering from vomiting. Do you know any other method for treating vomiting sensation? Then share it with us.