Facial hair is an embarrassing and prominent issue for most of the women, as it causes distress and makes the women lose their confidence and self-esteem. Who don’t want to glow with a flawless skin?
Usage of tweezers, waxing, plucking, bleaching, shaving or other hair removal creams will give temporary results but won’t reduce or stop this facial hair. The reason behind this unwanted hair on the face is polycystic ovary syndrome, hormonal imbalance, heredity, adrenal gland disorders, stress, etc.
Choosing laser or any other hair removal treatments will cause some side effects then why not try some natural home remedies to get rid of facial hair effectively.
Here we know about an amazing natural ingredient called turmeric or golden spice. From ancient days onwards, Indian Ayurveda uses turmeric for treating many skin and health issues, including unwanted facial hair.
So, turmeric is a sure shot formula for clearing facial hair to make you feel happy and enjoy flawless skin, when used regularly.
How Does Turmeric works to Remove Facial Hair?
- Turmeric paste has sticky nature that grabs your skin tightly and when we scrub this mix on the skin then it removes the hair from its roots.
- It has antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help to treat skin problems like acne and other blemishes and also reduce redness and inflammation.
- It helps to inhibit the hair growth with its amazing properties.
- Regular usage will discourage the hair growth on your face but be sure that results don’t expect overnight.
How to use Turmeric for Facial Hair Removal:
Here are some best methods of using turmeric for removing unwanted facial hair. Follow these methods regularly to get complete relief from facial hair.
Method – 1: (Turmeric Paste)
This is a simple paste that is very effective in clearing the facial hair.
- Stir enough water in 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder till it forms as a paste.
- Apply it on the clean face as a face mask by concentrating more on the facial area where you have unwanted hair.
- Let it sit for few minutes to get dry completely and remove the mask with the help of a clean cloth dipped in warm water.
- Make sure to give a scrub motion while cleaning the mix on your face through this cloth.
- Finally, splash your face with normal water to close the open pores of the skin.
- Continue applying this turmeric paste for 2 – 3 times a week regularly.
Note: Or you can also use milk or rose water or lemon juice instead of using normal water.
Method – 2: (Turmeric with Lemon and Sugar)
The combination of lemon juice and sugar will work like a waxing to remove the unwanted facial hair.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sugar (prefer brown sugar) and 1 cup of water in a pan.
- Boil it for few minutes until it becomes sticky sugar syrup.
- Cool down the syrup and add 2 teaspoons each of turmeric powder and fresh lemon juice to it.
- Stir well to make a thick paste and use it as your sugar wax without strips.
- Apply this paste in the direction of your hair growth.
- Scrub it gently for 5 minutes in circular motions and then rinse with water.
- Prefer to use a damp cloth and rub in the opposite direction.
- Continue doing the same process regularly for 2 – 3 times a week to get rid of facial hair and to brighten your face.
Method – 3: (Turmeric with Milk and Salt)
This is an exfoliating face mask in which turmeric and salt will dissolve the hair to make it thin and milk moisturizes the skin.
- Place 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 1/2 cup each of cold milk and gram flour in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a paste and spread it all over the facial areas of the skin.
- Focus more on the area where you have unwanted facial hairs.
- Rub it for 5 – 10 minutes in circular motions and let it dry for few minutes.
- Rinse the face with lukewarm water and dry your skin.
- Repeat the same process regularly to get rid of the problem.
- Or mix 3 tablespoons of salt in 1/2 cup of water and then add 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder and 5 – 6 teaspoons of cold milk. Stir well and spread this mix on the unwanted hair on face. Massage for 5 – 7 minutes and rinse with warm water after it dries. Repeat it regularly to get rid of the problem.
- Or simply combine turmeric powder, oatmeal powder and enough milk cream to make a paste. Apply it on the clean face and leave for 10 – 15 minutes. Scrub with your clean fingers and rinse with water to get rid of dense thick hair on your face.
Method – 4: (Turmeric with Flours)
Turmeric goes best in removing unwanted facial hair when combined with certain flours like gram flour, rice flour, etc. Here are few ways of using turmeric with flours to get rid of facial hair.
- Mix equal parts of turmeric powder, gram flour and water till it forms a thick paste. Spread this paste on facial hair thickly and leave it to dry naturally. Remove this paste with a clean cloth dipped in warm water with a scrubbing motion. Do it 2 – 3 times a week.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of turmeric powder and fresh cream (or lemon juice) and 1/2 cup each of chickpea flour and milk in a bowl. Stir and apply this paste on the face and wait for 20 – 30 minutes to get dry. Then wet your hands and use it scrub gently in the opposite direction. Wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat it regularly for 3 – 4 times a week.
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of gram flour, curd and wheat bran and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup. Stir well and apply it on the unwanted facial hair area. Wait for 20 – 30 minutes and scrub it gently using your wet fingers in circular motions for 3 – 4 minutes. Rinse off and dry the skin.
- Pour a pinch of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of yogurt in 1 tablespoon of black gram flour in a small bowl. Mix it and apply it on a clean face. Let it dry it completely to start scrubbing with your damp fingers. Rinse with water and continue it for thrice a week.
- Prepare a paste by mixing some whole wheat flour, sesame oil (or coconut oil) and turmeric powder. Spread it on your unwanted facial hair and wait for 30 minutes. Then start scrubbing it with your fingers and rinse with lukewarm water. Do it thrice a week until it get rid of facial hair.
- Apply a paste prepared by mixing 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 tablespoons of barley flour and some water. Spread on the clean face and scrub it gently after 10 – 15 minutes in circular motions. Wash with water and follow it 2 – 3 times a week.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 tablespoons of rice flour and 3 tablespoons of sour cream. Apply it on the clean face and wait for 10 – 15 minutes. Scrub with it and rinse off after it dries. Do it 2 – 3 times a week regularly.
Method – 5: (Turmeric with Raw Papaya)
The papain is an enzyme present in raw papaya that restrict your hair growth by breaking the hair follicles.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 2 tablespoons of papaya paste.
- Spread it on the facial hair and leave for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Wash it with water and dry your skin.
- Continue doing the same process for twice a week regularly to get rid of the problem.
Note: Or combine 1 tablespoon each of papaya paste and mustard oil, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/4 tablespoon of chickpea flour and 2 drops of essential oils in 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Apply it on the face in opposite direction of hair growth and wait for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with water.
Method – 6: (Turmeric with Indian Nettle)
Indian nettle (or Neem) penetrates into the skin and reduce the hair thickness and turmeric pulls off the hair gently from the skin.
- Rinse off few Indian nettle leaves and crush them finely to make paste.
- Grind fresh turmeric root to make a paste then stir 1 teaspoon of turmeric paste in 3 tablespoons of neem paste.
- Apply it on the clean face and leave it for a couple of hours.
- Rinse with water and continue doing this process daily to get rid of facial hair.
Note: Or simply apply this neem paste at night before bedtime and wash it in the morning.
Method – 7: (Turmeric with Yellow Lentil and Potato)
Turmeric and yellow lentils helps to pull off the facial hair while potato lightens your hair. So, this combination is very effective in treating unwanted facial hair.
- Take 1 cup of yellow lentils and soak it in water for overnight.
- Grind it into fine paste in the next morning.
- Take a potato and grate it to extract its juice freshly.
- Then mix 1 teaspoon each of turmeric and honey and potato juice in lentils paste.
- Stir and apply it all over the clean face.
- Dry it for 15 – 20 minutes and start scrubbing in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Continue this process for 2 – 3 times a week on regular basis.
Also, Check out How to Remove Upper Lip Hair Naturally.
Tips and Precautions:
- Make sure to perform a skin patch test before applying this turmeric and if you observe any negative results, then stop using it for removing your facial hair.
- The pure and best turmeric to use as a home remedy is kasturi manjal turmeric.
- For best and quick results, go for a steam bath before applying any of these turmeric methods to open up the skin pores.
- Always wear old clothes while using turmeric to avoid stains and wash your face with a cleanser to remove the yellowness or stains of turmeric on the skin.
- If you’re allergic to turmeric, then avoid applying turmeric on the skin or using it in your daily diet to get rid of any health or skin issues.
- You can easily remove the turmeric stains by simply dip a cotton ball in milk or almond oil or coconut oil or apple cider vinegar toner and rub it mildly on the stains to clear it.
Try these Turmeric methods for Facial Hair Removal. Do you know any other effective methods of using turmeric for removing your unwanted facial hair? Then share it with us in the below comments box.