Sugar waxing is an ancient practice in Arabia for removing unwanted hair on the body. In these days, it has been popular as an effective method for hair removal.
Most people are unaware that they can prepare this sugar wax recipe at home and remove their unwanted hair at home without spending money and time in the salons or parlor.
Are you one among those people who tried many sugar wax recipes which went wrong and getting frustrated with these failed attempts? Then it is the right place for you to prepare a sugar wax with the right consistency.
Many people prefer shaving rather than waxing but shaving doesn’t clear hair from the roots and causes some dark spots, weird bumps or rashes on the skin and you have to shave the hair frequently.
But coming to sugar waxing, it is a natural and safe process with long lasting resulting. It is easy to prepare and use it without any dark spots, bumps or ingrown hairs on the skin. This sugar wax is not sticky and painful when compared to other waxing.
So, want to try this DIY homemade sugar wax recipes then have a look at the below-mentioned methods and try any one of them for hair removal.
DIY Sugar Wax Recipes:
Here are some best DIY sugar wax recipes which you can try at home to remove the unwanted hair on the body.
Method – 1: (Sugar Wax without Strips)
This method helps you to remove hair without using strips. Here we use lemon juice, sugar, water and guar gum in which lemon juice prevent sugar from crystallizing and guar gum makes this paste more elastic and pliable.
- Pour 1 cup of white sugar in a saucepan which is placed on the stove over medium-low flame.
- Then add 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice (or 1/4 cup) and 1/5 cup of water in it.
- Stir well until the sugar dissolves and turns into a golden syrup.
- Turn off the heat and stir it by adding 1/2 teaspoon guar gum and squirt a thin layer of water on the baking pan.
- Pour this syrup on it with a spoon and start scraping the syrup from all the edges towards the center to cool the mix and solidify it.
- Do it till the ball of sugar wax is formed and then start stretching and pulling it by wetting your hands occasionally for 10 – 15 minutes.
- This process will make the ball stretchy and pliable and store it in a clean jar and refrigerate it for up to 2 months.
How to Use:
- Wash and dry the area where you want to use this sugar wax.
- Then dust the area with either corn starch or baby powder to ensure that the sugar sticks to the hairs.
- Take your sugar ball and stretch it on a small area of the skin in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Wait for 7 seconds and pull off in the same direction of the hair growth.
- Continue this process till you are done with all the areas and moisturize the skin with some natural moisturizers to enjoy hairless smooth skin.
- You can use this sugar wax for 3 – 4 times until it loses the firmness and also remember that not to use this wax recipe for removing facial hair.
- In this recipe, lemon juice is used to bind the ingredients and prevent sugar from crystallizing but for certain reasons like sensitive skin, irritating and making your skin photosensitive. So, prepare wax recipe by using vinegar instead of lemon juice and add few drops of lavender oil and avoid using guar gum to it.
- If you want, you can also add a pinch of salt to this sugar wax recipe.
Method – 2: (Sugar Wax Recipe with Strips)
This makes use of strips to remove the hair from the roots. It also uses three simple ingredients – sugar (prefer white sugar), lemon juice and water.
- Pour 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a pan and stir well until the sugar melts.
- Then add 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice and stir it on medium flame till it turns to golden brown color.
- Turn off the flame and leave the wax to cool completely.
- Store it in a glass jar for regular usage.
How to Use:
- Before starting this waxing, you have to dust some cornstarch or talcum powder on the skin to clear the oil or dust from the skin.
- Then spread this sugar mix on the skin by using a Popsicle stick or butter knife.
- Now press a waxing strip on it and pull it in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Finally, rinse your skin with cold water and use a moisturizer or aloe vera gel to prevent redness on the skin and to make it smooth.
Tips and Precautions:
- For best results, you have to take a hot shower along with a bit of sugar scrub to exfoliate the areas where you want to use this wax. Apply it after you dried your skin thoroughly.
- Remember that not to apply any lotion 24 hours before on the skin where you want to remove the hair.
- Also, reheat the mix using a microwave or placing the jar in a boiling water to remove the hair from the roots.
Try these natural sugar wax recipes to remove the unwanted hair from the root. Do you know any other successful homemade sugar wax recipes? Then share it with us in the comments box.