Looking at your body in the mirror and avoiding seeing back again? You’re not alone.
Everyone wants a fine toned body with no stretch marks on it.
The red or pink coloured lines on the abdomen, thighs, hips or breasts occur when the body parts grows faster than the expansion capacity of the skin. Here, the dermis layer gets stretched and collagen production is interrupted leading to stretch marks on the skin.
However, over the time these stretch marks fade away and turn grey or silver in colour.
There is a common misunderstanding among people that the stretch marks occur only during pregnancy. But the fact is heredity, age, sudden weight gain, weight loss, stress, medications, unhealthy lifestyle are also major reasons for stretch marks.
These stretch marks are not painful but they are quiet annoying. Almost 2 out of 5 people are suffering from this problem and want to get rid of them quickly.
So, the home remedies mentioned in this article are easy to use and helpful in fading away the stretch marks. However, stretch marks cannot go completely we can just lighten their appearance by using these techniques.
Below we have given several techniques along with the using method. They are on-go remedies to get rid of stretch marks.
Top 10 easiest ways to get rid of stretch marks on the body:
Method 1: (Aloevera)
Aloevera has numerous skin benefits and mainly known for healing the wound. The enzymes, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids present in it help in getting rid of stretch marks. The collagen present in the aloevera improves the skin elasticity and prevents them from occurring.
The gel nature of aloevera penetrates deep into the skin and provides nourishment from inside. Thus, the appearance of stretch marks is minimized using aloevera.
It has few properties that helps in repairing the damaged collagen fibres and improve the generation of new cells.
- 5 vitamin A capsules
- 10 vitamin E capsules
- ¼ cup aloevera gel
- Take a bowl and pour ¼ cup of aloevera gel into it.
- Then, take 5 vitamin A capsules and 10 vitamin E capsules to extract the oil from it.
- Now, mix all together thoroughly and apply it on the affected area.
- Massage gently in circular motions for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, you can leave it overnight or few hours to dry and then rinse off properly.
- You can repeat the same process to get rid of stretch marks.
- Aloevera gel can be applied directly on the stretch marks and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly using warm water.
- You can mix aloevera and coffee powder to mix a scrub and apply it on the affected area.
- Aloevera gel can be mixed with lemon juice and you can apply it as a mask.
- You can also prepare aloevera juice by mixing it with some water and have regularly to get rid of stretch marks.
Method 2: (Lemon Juice)
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid that lightens the stretch marks and helps in building collagen to repair the stretch marks. Its exfoliating and acidic nature helps in removing the dead skin cells. The anti oxidants present in the lemon juice fights against the free radicals and remove the stretch marks from the body.
- Lemon juice
- Take 2 lemons and extract the juice from it and apply it on the affected area.
- Now, massage gently using your finger tips in a circular motion.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes till the skin absorbs the lemon juice.
- Then, rinse off thoroughly using warm water and pat dry the area.
- You can apply any of the moisturizing cream after this.
- If you have dry skin then, you can mix lemon juice with some water and apply it on the stretch marks.
- If your skin is too sensitive then, you can dilute it using the juice extracted from cucumber or tomato etc.
Method 3: (Egg White)
Egg whites are rich in collagen and amino acids that minimize the stretch marks and provides smooth skin. The anti oxidants and vitamin A helps in fighting against the free radicals and improves the skin elasticity.
- 2 eggs
- Take 2 eggs and pour the egg white into a bowl and whip it properly.
- Before applying clean the affected area and pat dry it.
- Now, apply the egg white as mask using the brush.
- Then, leave it untouched and allow it to dry completely.
- Once it is dried wash the area with cold water and pat dry the affected skin.
- You can apply coconut oil or olive oil for moisturization.
- You can continue this method regularly for 3 weeks.
Method 4: (Castor oil)
Castor oil helps in production of collagen in the body and helps in retaining the elasticity to prevent the stretch marks. It also helps in removing the impurities from the skin and regular usage of this oil helps in even toning of the skin.
- Castor oil
- Take few drops of castor oil on your palm and apply it on the affected area.
- Massage gently and then cover it with a plastic.
- Now, you can take some heat pad or warm bottle and keep it on the skin for 30 minutes.
- For best results you can use this procedure daily to get rid of stretch marks.
The vitamin A, D and E present in the olive oil has antioxidants which will help in lightening the stretch marks. Massaging with olive oil will increase the blood circulation and removes stretch marks.
Combining castor oil with vitamin E oil and coconut oil also results in reducing the stretch marks easily.
Method 5: (Sugar)
Sugar acts as exfoliating agent and removes the dead skin cells. The glycolic acid helps in generating new cells and removes the stretch marks from the skin.
- 2-3 drops almond oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients in it and mix thoroughly.
- Apply on the affected areas and rub gently for few minutes.
- Leave it untouched and take shower using warm water.
- You can repeat the same process to reduce stretch marks.
Method 6: (Potato Juice)
The starch content of potato provides soothing effect to the skin. The enzymes, vitamins and minerals helps in production of new cells. Thus, potato juice is helpful in nourishment and moisturizing of the skin and removes the stretch marks.
- Take a potato and cut it into slices.
- Keep these slices on the stretch marks and rub gently.
- Continue this for few minutes and keep the slices for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to sit for few minutes and rinse off using warm water.
- For best results you can repeat the same process.
Method 7: (Alfalfa)
Alfalfa has abundant amount of amino acids and vitamins which lightens the stretch marks. The chlorophyll content present in amino acids will treat the dry skin and provides moisturization to the skin.
- 1 teaspoon alfalfa powder
- 2-3 drop chamomile oil
- Take a bowl and mix alfalfa powder with chamomile oil to make a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and massage smoothly.
- Rinse it off water after 20 minutes.
- Continue doing this regularly for 2-3 times.
Method 8: (Cocoa butter)
Cocoa butter helps in softening the skin and provides nourishment to it. This butter also helps in production of collagen in the body and prevents appearance of stretch marks on the body.
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil
- 2 teaspoons grated bee wax
- 1 teaspoon apricot kernel oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients together and mix them.
- Heat this mixture slightly and you can store this oil in airtight jar.
- Apply this on the body for stretch marks and leave it untouched for couple of hours.
- Then, rinse it off thoroughly and dry the skin.
- For best results you can repeat it 2-3 times daily.
Method 9: (Apple cider vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar has magnesium, potassium, minerals and various other important nutrients that are good for skin. This balances the pH of the skin and helps in lightening of the stretch marks.
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- A spray bottle
- Take a spray bottle and pour 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and ½ cup of water to it.
- Mix thoroughly by shaking the bottle well.
- Now, spray it on your stretch marks and leave it overnight.
- Next day morning you can wash thoroughly with warm water.
- Repeat this twice or thrice a week for effective results.
- If your skin is too sensitive you can add equal parts of ACV and water. But the results might be slower when compared with the above method.
Method 10: (Turmeric and yogurt)
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing inflammation of the skin. The anti oxidants present in the turmeric are helpful in maintaining the healthy skin and regular application of this would result in reducing the stretch marks.
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- Take a bowl and mix both the ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Apply it on the stretch marks and allow it dry for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then, rinse off using warm water.
Tips and precautions on how to reduce the stretch marks on body:
- Apart from these methods there are various oil massages such as rosehip oil, coconut oil,
- Jojoba oil, argan oil, tea tree oil, baby oil that are useful in reducing the stretch marks on the body.
- Application of Vicks vapour rub is found to be very effective in reducing the stretch marks on the body. You can massage gently using Vicks and leave it overnight. Next day morning you can wash it thoroughly using warm water.
- Apricots are very useful for the skin. You can just chop them into pieces and make a paste by grinding them. Now, apply directly on the affected skin and wash it using lukewarm water.
- Exercise help a lot in toning the lower body. You can do crunches, sit ups, swimming, squats, etc. which tones the muscles and reduces the stretch marks.
- You can consult your dietician and follow the diet regularly along with these home remedies.
- Sudden gain in the weight is responsible for stretch marks, so balance proper weight by exercises and healthy food. Cut down on the junk food because they contain fat and high amount of calorie which increases body fat.
- You can also follow dry brushing method to remove the dead cell from the skin and improve the blood circulation in the body.
- A properly hydrated body will keep you healthy and away from toxins. So, consumption of maximum water is beneficial for skin as well as body.
- The intake of vitamins, proteins, fruits and other various vegetables help in production of collagen in the body. Thus, it maintains the elasticity of the skin and reduces stretch marks.
- Coffee scrub method is also one of the best techniques to get rid of the problem with stretch marks.
- Do not scratch the affected area of the skin as it may worsen the condition and leads to some infections.
- Avoid consumption of coffee, tea and other beverages in your daily diet because they can be harmful to your skin.
Frequently asked questions:
- Which is the best method to reduce stretch marks permanently?
All the methods mentioned above are effective in reducing the stretch marks but one of the best methods among them is aloevera. It has various beneficial properties that improves skin development and reduces the appearances of stretch marks permanently.
- Will these stretch marks go away by themselves after losing weight?
Sudden gain in the weight is one of the main reasons for having stretch marks on the body. So, if you lose your weight you can easily get rid of stretch marks.
- Is tan spray method useful in reducing the stretch marks?
Yes, tan spray method deepens the skin colour by interacting with the amino acids. Thus, it is useful in reduced appearance of stretch marks as well as cellulites.
- Can stretch marks go away naturally?
Stretch marks are caused due to various reasons so, they may disappear naturally with the time as cause of the stretching goes away.
- Are stretch marks normal?
Stretch marks are mainly seen on thighs, legs, hips, breasts and upper arms. These are common in everyone during pregnancy, weight gain or puberty. They initially occur as red coloured lines and then turn to grey slowly and fade away.
- Why does stretch mark occur during pregnancy period?
During pregnancy body comes across various changes and stretch marks are one of the major changes in woman body. They occur due to the sudden growth in the body parts where skin disrupts and leads to such marks.
Stretch marks are common in both male and female. It is better to get rid of these marks in the initial stages because they increase with the age. In the above article we have mentioned few of the home remedies to get rid of stretch marks.
If you have any queries please write to us in the comment section below. Our team of experts will clarify them as soon as possible.