Eczema is an inflammatory skin problem that caused due to dry skin, weak immune system and other environmental irritants. Dryness, redness, itching, irritations, swelling and blisters are some of the symptoms of eczema.
There is no complete cure for eczema but you can get control over its symptoms. So, to soothe your eczema and calm down your angry and irritated skin, you have to use some soothing and calming mask on your face and body to get rid of that irritation.
There are many natural homemade masks that give relief from your irritated skin along with rejuvenating, pamper and moisturize the skin to get relief from eczema.
Homemade Natural Masks for Eczema:
Have a look on these natural DIY masks for eczema and follow them regularly to get relief from eczema.
Mask – 1: (Oatmeal with Honey and Yogurt)
Oatmeal has an excellent anti-inflammatory property that soothes your irritation and itching caused by eczema. It acts as a natural exfoliator that cleanses your skin to remove dead cells, excess oil, and other impurities.
Honey acts as a natural humectant and anti-inflammatory that retain moisture in the skin and fight against the bacteria causing eczema. Yogurt has lactic acid that soothes and lightens up your skin. This face mask will soothe the irritated skin and relieves you from dryness and itching.
- Pour 1/3 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of hot water in a bowl.
- Stir well and leave it on for few minutes.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt in that mix.
- Stir well and apply it all over the skin where you’re suffering from eczema.
- Let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes and remove the mask using a damp soft cloth or tissue.
- Wash off the applied skin area with lukewarm water.
- Dry it properly to apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat the same process for once daily till you get relief from the eczema itching, irritation, and redness.
- Or use powdered oats mixed with honey and yogurt without water and apply it on your eczema affected areas.
- Also, go for an oatmeal bath by mixing 1 cup of oatmeal in your bathtub filled with warm water. Soak for 10 – 15 minutes to get relief from eczema flare-ups.
Mask – 2: (Nutmeg with Honey and Vitamin E Oil)
Nutmeg has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the painful and irritated skin. Honey has antibacterial, skin soothing and disinfectant properties that relieve your skin from infection. Vitamin E oil gets easily absorbed into the epidermis and moisturizes your skin to get rid of eczema.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg powder and 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil in 1 tablespoon of manuka honey.
Stir well and spread this mix on all over the face by focusing more on your eczema affected skin areas.
- Let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Dry your skin with a soft towel and continue applying this face mask regularly for 2 – 3 times a week till you get relief from eczema.
- Or mix 1/4 cup each of oatmeal and hot water. Steep for 10 minutes and add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder and 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil in it. Stir well and apply it on the face as a mask.
- Or use 1 vitamin E capsule to extract its oil, if you don’t have vitamin E oil handy.
Mask – 3: (Turmeric with Honey)
This is a calming face mask that relieves you from itching and irritations. Turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory and honey have antioxidant and skin soothing properties. So, this mask will reduce dryness, eliminate allergies and heals eczema.
- Mix 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon of honey (or Greek yogurt).
- Stir well and apply it on your dry skin and massage gently on all over the face (except eye area).
- Allow it to sit for 15 – 25 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Do the same process regularly to get relief from eczema symptoms.
- Or mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric, few drops of honey and 2 tablespoons of ground oats in 3 tablespoons of milk to make a paste. Spread a thin layer of this mix on the face and rinse off with water after 20 minutes.
- Or mix 1/2 teaspoon of manuka honey and some turmeric in 1tablespoon of Greek yogurt. Apply it as a face mask and rinse off after 10 – 15 minutes. Then wipe off using apple cider vinegar toner and apply moisturizer.
Mask – 4: (Avocado with Sweet Almond Oil and Oats)
Avocado is rich in vitamin E and healthy fatty acids which make it as a great moisturizer. Sweet almond oil moisturizes the skin without irritating, heals damaged skin, prevents the loss of moisture and restricts the entry of allergens or microbes into the damaged skin. Oats softens your skin.
- Mix 1/2 cup of uncooked oats and 1 tablespoon each of avocado pulp and sweet almond oil in a blender.
- Blend all these ingredients to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the face as a mask for treating your eczema.
- Let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes and wipe off with a clean moist towel.
- Rinse the face gently with lukewarm water and dry your face.
- Regular follow – up of this mask will help you to get relief from eczema irritated skin.
Mask – 5: (Chickpea Flour with Turmeric, Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar)
Chickpea flour exfoliates the skin and milk soothe the skin, cider vinegar balances your skin’s pH levels and turmeric prevents the microbial infection. So, this mask is very effective in treating eczema and its symptoms.
- Add 1 – 2 teaspoon of milk (or Greek yogurt), 1 teaspoon each of turmeric and chickpea flour, 2 – 3 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of organic cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 – 3 drops of tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Stir well and evenly spread this mix on your face.
- Massage gently in circular motions and let it sit for few minutes till the mask dries completely on the face.
- Rinse your face and pat dry your face with a soft towel.
- Repeat the same process 3 – 4 times a week till you get relief from the problem.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always use the raw and organic ingredients for preparing the mask to get faster and best results of relieving from the problem.
- Always keep your skin well moisturized to prevent dry skin and thereby eczema. Regularly apply natural moisturizers like organic coconut oil after taking your bath to lock the moisture.
- For best results, remove your makeup and steam your face before applying any mask on the skin.
- Always use a plain variety of oats rather than any flavored or colored oats, which has artificial ingredients that may irritate your skin.
- If the flare up is too severe and causing intense itching and pain, make sure to consult your dermatologist for immediate treatment.
- Avoid scratching your rashes and regularly apply moisturizer to minimize your skin damage and to heal the skin quickly.
Follow these masks regularly to get relief from eczema flares on your skin. Do you know any other masks for soothing eczema? Then share it with us in the comments section.
Leave a Reply