In this modern world, everyone wants to have a perfect well toned slim body but due to hectic work, stress, irregular eating habits, etc. are causing you gain weight and become obese and thereby results in many health problems like knee pain, diabetes, irregular menstrual cycles, heart problems, etc.
When the fat content exceeds the normal valves of the body then it makes you overweight. It is a general health concern that occurs when you consume more food without working or burning your energy levels.
There are many causes for weight gain like over eating, tension & stress, genetics, sedentary lifestyle, hormonal imbalance, over intake of junk foods, lack of exercise, sleeplessness, depression, pregnancy, certain medications, consuming more of alcoholic beverages, etc.
Snoring, excessive sweating, joint pains, back pains, mental work, difficulty in breathing, high cholesterol, high value of BMI, enlarged body parts, heart diseases, high cholesterol, getting tiredness easily, etc. are some symptoms experienced by people suffering from overweight.
Most people choose fad diets, weight loss pills, instant weight loss programs or slimming therapies to lose their weight but it is not the right way to lose weight. It is proved that consuming a healthy nutritional diet and burning your calories by exercising is the best way to lose your weight and to maintain a healthy body.
Here in this article, we are going to know some natural remedies that help you in cutting down the excess pounds without any side effects.
Let’s get started…
Home Remedies for Weight Loss:
Have a look at these popular and most effective home remedies that help you in losing excess weight of your body and thereby makes it slim and fit. For best results, follow these remedies regularly.
Remedy – 1: (Honey)
The essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in honey help to dissolve the fat and cholesterol in your body. It not only mobilizes the stored fat to use it for regular activities but also reduces the risk of cardiovascular and other health disorders.
Here are few ways of using honey for weight loss.
- Honey Water – Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey to 1 glass of lukewarm water. Stir well and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. Regular intake of honey water will definitely help you in losing weight.
- Honey with Lemon – Lemon is enriched with vitamin C that exhibits fat metabolism to reduce your excess weight. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Stir and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. Repeat daily in the morning to reduce your weight.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of freshly crushed black pepper powder and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Stir and drink it on an empty stomach in every morning to get rid of excess calories.
- Honey with Cinnamon – Cinnamon regulates the blood sugar levels and thereby reduces the storage of fat in the body. Stir 1 tablespoon each of cinnamon powder and honey in 1 cup of warm water. Drink this water early in the morning on an empty stomach to get rid of overweight.
Remedy – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) helps to lose weight with its organic acids and enzymes that raise the rate of metabolism and thereby speed up the burning fat. It lowers the blood sugar levels and reduces water retention to get rid of excess calories.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of organic ACV and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in 1 glass of water (prefer lukewarm water).
- Stir well and drink this apple cider vinegar water to burn the calories.
- Continue the intake of this water for 2 – 3 times daily before meals to lose your weight quickly.
- Or simply mix 2 teaspoons of unfiltered ACV in 1 glass of water and drink it in the morning and before meals to reduce your weight.
- Make sure that the quantity should not exceed 2 tablespoons of ACV per day or else it may lower the bone mineral density and blood potassium levels.
Remedy – 3: (Green Tea)
Green tea contains a compound called epigallocatechin – 3 – gallate (EGCG), which helps to slow down the process of weight gain and increases the ability of the body to utilize fat without storing.
It is also enriched with vitamin C, zinc, carotenoids, chromium, selenium and other trace minerals that provide green tea with fat – fighting metabolism to reduce your appetite and thereby keeps you fit and slim.
- Prepare green tea by steeping either green tea bag or green tea leaves in 1 cup of warm water for 5 minutes.
- Drink 2 – 3 cups every day to burn your calories and fat in the body.
- Regular intake will help to increase metabolism and reduce the bad cholesterol in the body to lose your weight.
Also, check out the Best Teas for Weight Loss.
Remedy – 4: (Parsley)
Parsley has rich content of vitamins (A & C), phosphorus, copper, iron, manganese, folate, etc. that speed up the body metabolism to eliminate the stored fat and thereby reduces the body weight. It aids in proper digestion and assimilation of food to get rid of indigestion, excess gas and stomach cramps.
It also contains mild diuretic property that retains the water from the body and makes you lose excess weight effectively. Here are few ways of using parsley for losing weight.
- Parsley Leaves – Chop a handful of fresh parsley leaves finely and add this to your salads, cooked dishes, soups, casseroles, sauces, sandwich or any other food to bring extra nutrition and taste to your food.
- Parley Tea – Mix 2 teaspoons of dried parsley in 1 cup of boiling water. Stir and steep for 10 minutes and strain the water. Drink this tea for 2 – 3 times daily to lose your weight. Or simply use parsley tea bag to prepare parsley tea and drink it to get relief from obesity and overweight.
- Parsley Herbal Concoction – Chop a large bunch of parsley, 1 chopped dandelion leaf, 1 chopped blackberry leaf, 1/2 teaspoon each of celery tops, corn silk, fennel seeds and couch grass and 10 cherry stems. Stir these in 1 quart of boiling water and steep for few minutes. Strain and drink this concoction to reduce your excess weight.
Remedy – 5: (Cayenne Pepper)
Cayenne pepper has capsaicin that helps to stimulate the body to burn your fat and thereby to increase the energy expenditure. It suppresses the excess appetite caused by malabsorption of nutrients in the body.
Here are few ways of using cayenne pepper for weight loss.
- Mix a dash of cayenne pepper and juice of 1/2 a lemon in 1 glass of hot water. Stir well and drink this cayenne pepper tea regularly for few months to get rid of overweight. You can increase the quantity of cayenne pepper for up to 1 teaspoon.
- Add 2 tablespoons each of fresh lemon juice and maple syrup in 10 ounces of water. Stir well by adding a dash of cayenne pepper and drink this mix to get rid of the obesity and excess weight.
- Also, use cayenne pepper and other spices like black pepper, turmeric, ginger and mustard seeds in your meal preparations on regular basis.
Remedy – 6: (Diet Plan)
We already discussed that healthy diet will play a major role in maintaining a healthy body and mind, so here we will know the best diet for weight loss.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to flush out the toxins from the body and to stay hydrated.
- Consume 1 bowl of cabbage daily to burn the body fat, controls the blood sugar levels and reduce your weight. Cabbage has excellent source of vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6 & C) and minerals (potassium, manganese, iron) and other nutrients that support the metabolism to lose your weight.
- Olive oil has rich monounsaturated fatty acids that lower your bad (LDL) cholesterol and raises good (HDL) cholesterol. So, consume 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or) drizzle on your salad dressing or pasta or cooked vegetables (or) use it as your cooking oil.
- Carrots are rich in vitamins (A, B-complex, C & K) that regulate your blood sugar levels and a healthy nutrition which helps to break down the fat, glucose and protein that increase metabolism and thereby reduce weight. Drink 1 cup of fresh carrot juice every morning before breakfast (or) eat it raw.
- The rich amount of proteins in the egg will make you feel fuller for a longer time. Eat an egg or two either by scrambling, frying, boiling or baking it. Make sure to take this either in the time of morning breakfast, lunch or evening snack.
- The usage of flax seeds which has a rich source of omega – 3 fatty acids will make you feel fuller and speed up the metabolism to manage your weight. Crush some flaxseeds and sprinkle it on the cereals, soups, oats or in any form. Consume it to get control over your weight
Tips and Precautions:
- Aloe vera aids in weight loss by stimulating the metabolism and removes toxins from the digestive system and colon. Simply blend some aloe gel with 1 cup of citrus juice (or water) and drink it daily.
- The mahanimbine in curry leaves exhibit anti-obesity effect that lowers your body weight and reduces the cholesterol and triglyceride levels. So, use curry leaves as a part of your daily diet.
- Consume steamed or boiled food rather than oily or fried foods to prevent the risk of adding excess weight.
- Perform some regular exercises like yoga, walking for 30 – 40 minutes, stretches, jogging, brisk walk, etc. will help you a lot in reducing your weight in a safe way.
- Finger millets (ragi) has rich content of calcium, vitamin B1 & B2, phosphorus, and iron that helps to curb your appetite. So, consume ragi chapattis to grab best weight loss results.
- Sleep is another essential factor that affects on weight. So, get sufficient time to sleep and relax well to get rid of work tensions and to balance your hormonal levels.
- Consume tomatoes, fresh fruits (pineapple, orange, grapefruit, cranberries, berries, peaches, or citrus fruits, papaya) and vegetables (carrots, boiled potato, broccoli, spinach, cucumber, bottle gourd, etc.) which has more water content and low calories that helps you to get control over your weight.
- Never ever skip your meals but make sure to consume less quantity of food by increasing the frequency.
Try these natural ways to lose your overweight and to enjoy healthy slim and fit body. Do you know any other successful natural remedies for weight loss? Then share it with us in the below comments box.