Baldness (or alopecia) is a common hair problem occurs when a person has no or very less hair on the head. It is mostly faced by man but in recent years, women are also suffering from this problem.
The main reason for baldness is clogging of hair follicles which are caused due to hormonal changes, genetics, aging, scalp infections, stress and anxiety, nutritional deficiencies, intake of certain medications, quick weight loss, thyroid problems, certain health problems, improper hair care hygiene, etc.
Hair thinning, circular bald patch on the head, rapid loosening of hair, rapid weight loss, incomplete hair loss on the scalp, hair fall while combing or shampooing or on the pillow, receding hairline, stress, nail problems, improper blood circulation to the scalp, etc. are some signs and symptoms of this hair loss problem.
If left untreated then you may lose overall hair on the head and leads to alopecia. Stop worrying, as stress or worries will even lose your hair strands and worsen the problem.
Don’t rush for a doctor’s appointment, instead try some simple home remedies which help you in dealing with this baldness problem by stimulating the hair growth naturally.
Home Remedies for Baldness:
Here are some best natural and herbal remedies which you can try it at home to get rid of baldness and to grow your hair naturally without any side effects.
Let’s get started…
Remedy – 1: (Natural Oils)
There are many natural oils like olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, camphor oil, etc. will help to stimulate the growth of the hair and nourish the hair to prevent dryness or itching. Warm oil massage will stimulate the proper blood circulation to the scalp and thereby strengthen the hair follicles.
Have a look on how to use these oils for healthy hair growth and clear baldness.
Method – 1: (Olive Oil)
Olive oil enhances hair growth by lowering the DHT production, which attacks and weakens the hair follicles and causes hair fall. It also nourishes and conditions your hair with its nutrients and unsaturated fats.
Here are few ways of using olive oil for hair growth.
- Olive Oil Hair Pack – Warm enough olive oil and stir 1 – 2 teaspoons of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it. Apply it on the scalp and hair and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water. Repeat it regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
- Olive Oil with Cumin – Stir 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds in 1/2 cup of olive oil and let it sit aside for 10 – 15 minutes. Then apply it on the bald patches and massage gently for 5 – 10 minutes. Store the remaining mix for further usage. Continue its application regularly.
- Olive Oil Overnight Treatment – Apply enough olive oil on the scalp and hair at night before bedtime. Massage gently and cover the hair with a shower cap and secure your pillows with an old towel. Leave for overnight and rinse your hair with shampoo and lukewarm water in the next morning.
Method – 2: (Castor Oil)
Castor oil aids in the proper growth of the hair with its rich content of vitamin E, proteins, and minerals along with antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. It clears the infections on the scalp and nourishes the roots to make the hair long and strong. Prefer to use unrefined castor oil.
Here are few ways of using castor oil for treating baldness.
- Warm Castor Oil – Heat enough castor oil for few minutes and apply it all over the scalp and hair at night before bedtime. Massage for few minutes and cover your hair with a shower cap and rinse off the hair with shampoo and lukewarm water in the next morning. Do this hot castor oil overnight massage once daily till you get rid of the problem.
- With Almond Oil – The vitamin E in almond oil helps to strengthen the hair follicles. Stir a small amount of castor oil and almond oil and apply it on the scalp and hair by massaging gently. Cover the hair with a shower cap and rinse off with shampoo and conditioner after 3 hours. Repeat it regularly.
- With Hair Conditioner – Pour few drops of castor oil to your daily conditioner and mix well to apply it on the scalp after shampooing. Continue it regularly after shampooing for proper hair growth.
- With Lemon Essential Oil – Stir 1 tablespoon of lemon essential oil and 8 tablespoons of castor oil in an empty bottle and shake it well. Apply enough oil mix on the scalp and massage for 2 – 4 minutes. Wait for 15 – 20 minutes to overnight by wearing a shower cap. Rinse with cold water and mild shampoo.
- With Shana Seeds Powder – Mix Shana seeds powder in lukewarm castor oil and apply it on the scalp. Wash your hair with mild shampoo after 30 minutes. Repeat twice a week for best results.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil promotes hair growth with its antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. It treats scalp problems and provides all essential nutrients required for the healthy hair growth. The fatty and linoleic acids in this oil will hydrate and maintain elasticity to make it strong.
Here are some ways of applying coconut oil for clearing baldness.
- Warm Coconut Oil – Apply warm coconut oil directly on the hair and scalp. Massage gently for few minutes by concentrating more on the bald patches and comb your hair after 5 – 10 minutes. Cover with a shower cap and wait for 4 hours to overnight. Wash the hair with shampoo and do it twice a week.
- With Lemon Juice – Stir 1 part of fresh lemon juice with 2 parts of coconut oil and apply it on the hair (bald patches) and massage thoroughly. Leave for 5 hours to overnight and rinse with cool water and mild shampoo. Regular follow – up of this massage will promote hair growth to prevent alopecia.
- With Curry Leaves – Boil a handful of curry leaves (also include few hibiscus flowers and amla pieces) in 1/2 cup of coconut oil till the leaves turn black. Then filter the oil and use it to massage your scalp and hair to stimulate hair growth.
- With Camphor – Camphor has antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that clear scalp infections and relieves stress. Mix 1 teaspoon of camphor in 1/2 liter of coconut oil and use it to massage your scalp at night before bedtime. Repeat it to treat dandruff and hair loss.
- Coconut Milk – Use coconut milk instead of oil. Simply apply fresh coconut milk on the scalp thoroughly and wait for 20 minutes to rinse the hair. Continue this application regularly for once a week.
Note: Or mix few drops of camphor oil (helps for re-growth of hair) in coconut oil (or your regular hair oil) or hair care lotion and massage on the hair daily to notice the growth of your hair in few weeks.
Know More About Natural Homemade Hair Oils for Healthy Hair Growth
Remedy – 2: (Onions)
The sulphur and quercetin in onions will strengthen the hair follicle and helps to regrow the lost hair. it also contains vitamin C, flavonoids, folic acid, biotin, etc, which helps to nourish and promote the hair growth to prevent baldness.
Here are few ways of using onion for hair growth to treat baldness.
- Onion Juice – Peel and chop an onion. Place the chopped onion in a blender or grater and squeeze out its juice by pouring the ground mix on a sieve. Apply this juice on your scalp and massage gently for 8 – 10 minutes and rinse the hair with water and mild shampoo.
- With Honey – Mix some raw honey in onion juice and apply it on the bald patches. Rub it for few minutes and rinse with water (or) simply rub 1/2 a onion on the bald patches and continue the rubbing with honey. Wash the hair after few minutes and repeat it regularly.
Remedy – 3: (Black Pepper and Lemon Seeds)
The combination of lemon seeds and peppercorns will increase the blood circulation on the scalp and encourages hair growth by causing irritation on the applied areas.
- Crush 7 – 8 lemon seeds and 10 black peppercorns into a fine powder.
- Then apply this powder on the bald patches on the head. If you feel the powder is dry then add few drops of fresh lemon juice before applying.
- Leave it about 10 – 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Continue this application for twice daily till you get relief from baldness.
Remedy – 4: (Fenugreek Seeds)
Fenugreek seeds have a rich source of protein and nicotinic acid that helps to strengthen the hair follicle and rebuild them. It has hormone precursors that replenish the hair growth and prevent baldness.
Here are few ways of using fenugreek seeds to get rid of baldness.
- Fenugreek Paste – Soak 1 to 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water for overnight and grind them in the morning to make a fine paste. Apply it on the bald patches and wait for a couple of hours. Rinse with water and dry your hair. Continue this application for 2 – 3 times a week for best results.
- With Coconut Oil – Warm some coconut oil for few minutes and add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and fry it for few minutes. Strain the oil and apply it on the scalp and hair. Massage with gentle circular motions and wash the hair with mild shampoo after 40 minutes. Do it regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
Tips and Precautions:
- Applying fresh aloe vera gel, hibiscus paste, Indian gooseberry juice, henna paste, beetroot leaves mixed with turmeric, yogurt, fresh coriander leaves paste, almond oil, egg yolk, amaranth juice, snake gourd juice, ACV rinse, green tea rinse, arnica oil, rosemary oil, lettuce mixed with spinach, etc. on the scalp to promote hair and prevent baldness.
- Drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet by limiting salt or spicy foods and include foods rich in omega – 3 fatty acids, iron, proteins, vitamin C or zinc along with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Apply natural hair oils and shampoo your hair regularly. Avoid the over usage of blow dryers, hair styling products, hair dying, and wearing tight rubber bands, spiky brushes, sharp clips, etc.
- Over combing or over washing your hair will make it dry and damaged and thereby leads to hair fall.
- Take enough rest and exercise regularly along with practicing yoga and meditation to get relief from stress and anxiety and thereby from baldness.
- Avoid the use of harsh chemical based shampoos and conditioners to your hair. Instead, use some mild and natural ones to enhance your hair growth.
- Consult your dermatologist, if you didn’t get any relief from this hair fall or baldness for proper diagnose and treatment.
Be patient and try these natural home remedies for treating baldness and you will definitely notice some hair growth. Do you know any other effective natural home remedies for baldness? Then share it with us in the below comments box.