How to Reduce Breast Size at Home?
Breast development is a natural process in women that starts right from fetal development and breast changes continue to happen throughout a woman’s life.
Having well-shaped and toned breasts that are proportionate to the body is the dream of each and every woman, but the problem arises when the breasts start growing out of proportion and begin to interfere with your day-to-day activities, health and dressing.
Excessive breast growth happens due to a number of reasons such as – hormonal changes, excessive weight gain or obesity, genetics, pregnancy or as a sideeffects of certain medications.
Overly large breasts not only makes a woman self-conscious, but also gives rise to various health issues such as back and neck pain, breast tenderness, shortness of breath, skin rashes, etc.
Although, breast reduction surgery is a quick solution to this problem, but it comes with a lot of baggage such as scarring, uneven shaped breasts, wound healing problems, etc.
So, the best and safest way to reduce breast size is to reduce overall body weight and tone the chest muscles through exercise. In this article, we have put together some effective exercises to reduce breast size along with a healthy diet and home remedies.
Natural Ways to Reduce Breast Size at Home
Weight Training – Anaerobic exercises that make use of either body weight or external weight help to tone the muscles present underneath the breasts and give them a smaller appearance.
Push Ups – This is one of the most common body weight exercises that target the chest, arms, shoulders and back.
- Lie down of the floor on your stomach
- Place your arms on the sides
- Lift up your body from the floor using your hands
- Your entire body should be in a straight line at all times
- Lower your body towards the floor by bending your arms and push it up again
- Do 12 to 15 repetitions at a stretch
Chest Press – This is yet another effective exercise that helps to reshape the breasts. It makes use of a set of dumbbells.
- Take two lightweight dumbbells in both hands
- Lie down on a bench with our feet on the floor
- Now, hold the dumbbells close to your chest
- Lift them up straight over the breast without locking the elbows
- Hold the dumbbells in this position for 2-3 seconds
- Slowly lower the arms to the starting position
- Do 10 repetitions at a time
Chest Fly – This exercise also makes use of external weights and it targets the breast muscles from a different angle.
- Hold two lightweight dumbbells in both hands
- Lie down on a bench while holding the dumbbells close to your breast
- Life the dumbbells straight up and then spread both arms to your sides
- Stay in this position for 2-3 seconds and then lift up the arms and bring then down close to your chest
- Do 10 repetitions at a time
Wall Press – This is an easy and simple variation of push ups that you can do standing up.
- Stand facing a wall and place your palms to the wall
- Now, lean towards the wall by pressing on your palms and keep your feet fixed
- Stay in this position for 2 seconds and then push away from the wall
- Do 10 to 15 repetitions at a time.
Upright Rows – This exercise makes use of barbells to tone the shoulders, chest and arms. It gives a lift to your breasts which makes it appear smaller.
- Stand straight holding a barbell with light weights
- Lift the barbell up straight to your breasts and hold for 2 seconds
- Lower down the barbell to your waist
- Repeat this lift 10 times at a time
Aerobic Exercises – Aerobic exercises such as jogging, swimming, cycling, stair climbing etc. burn a lot of body fat and speed up the metabolism which helps to reduce breast size.
Jogging – Jogging not only helps to reduce breast size by also tones the entire body by burning excess fat. Just 20 minutes of jogging every day can give you noticeable results within a few days.
Swimming – This is a high calorie burning exercise that helps to tone the entire body and give perfect firm shape to your breasts, arms, legs, etc.
Stair Climbing – Climbing strains works out the entire body right from the breasts to the legs and helps to gives a toned look to the whole body.
Diet – Other than exercise, your diet also plays a major role in determining your breast size. An unhealthy diet that is rich in sugar, simple carbs and unhealthy fats leads to excessive weight gain which is one of the main causes of large breasts.
Be in calorie deficit – This is the first step towards losing weight. Plan out a calorie deficit diet in which you consume fewer calories than those required by the body. This will force your body to start utilizing fat as a source of energy. This is a temporary step and you can get back to a normal balanced diet once you reach your target weight.
Cut out fat, sugar and excess salt from your diet – Minimize the intake of salt, unhealthy fats and sugar in order to speed up your weight loss process. Salt causes water retention and bloating and gives your body a fluffy appearance while sugar increases your hunger. Unhealthy fats such as trans and saturated fats only add to your bodyweight. So, strat eating clean and healthy and cut out red meat, butter, fried foods, candy, soda, fruit juices, chips, etc. from your diet.
Follow a nutritious and balanced diet – A diet rich in whole grains, vegetables, fruits, poultry, seafood and dairy products helps to keep you satiated and aids in weight management.
- Citrus Fruits – Citrus fruits such as orange, sweet lime, grapefruit, etc. helps to reduce breast size because of their vitamin C content. Vitamin C in these fruits help to burn stored fats by boosting metabolic rate of the body.
- Fruits and Vegetables – fresh fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, cabbage, etc. are low calorie foods that contain high level of dietary fiber which helps to keep you satiated for a prolonged period of time without adding empty calories.
- Nuts – Nuts like almonds, walnuts, etc. contain healthy fats that helps to energize the body. They also boost the metabolism process in the body and burn accumulated fat in different parts of the body.
- Fish – The healthy omega-3 fatty acids present in fish helps to reduce estrogen levels in the body which is one of the causes of large breasts. Grilling and baking are the healthiest options for preparing fish.
Breast Massage – While breast massage is an age old remedy for increasing breast size, it can also help to reduce breast size by burning accumulated fat in the breasts.
- Take a few tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil in a dish
- Warm the oil slightly
- Take some of the oil in your palms, dip your middle and ring finger in the oil and use these two fingers to massage each breast in circular motions in the upward direction
- Repeat this motion for 5 minutes
- Massage your breasts twice every day for a couple of months to see noticeable results
Home Remedies to Reduce Breast Size
Green Tea – Green tea is an effective natural remedy for reducing breast size. It works by promoting weight loss. The catechins present in green tea boost metabolism which in turn speeds up the calorie burning process.
- Prepare green tea by adding a teaspoon of green tea leaves in a cup of hot water
- Cover the cup and let the leaves steep for a few minutes
- Strain the tea and add a little honey to it
- Drink this tea 3 to 4 times a day for a few months
Ginger Tea – This is yet another useful remedy for reducing breast size that works by speeding up the metabolic rate of the body. Weight loss reduces the size of the fatty tissues which make up the breast and make it smaller.
- Grate some fresh ginger and add it to 1 cup of hot water
- Let it steep for 10 minutes
- Strain the water and add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Drink ginger tea 2 to 3 times a day for a couple of months
Flaxseed – Flaxseed is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that reduces estrogen levels in the body. Excessively high level of estrogen is one of the main causes of enlarged breasts.
- Take a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds and add it to a glass of hot water
- Mix it using a spoon and drink it once daily for a few months
- You can also consume 1 to 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil on a daily basis.
Neem and Turmeric – This is an age old Ayurvedic remedy that helps to reduce breast enlargement caused by inflammation. Anti-inflammatory properties of Neem and turmeric help to sooth the inflamed tissues and once the swelling subsides the breast size also returns to normal.
Egg Whites – The natural firming and toning properties of egg whites helps to tone the sagging skin of the breasts and makes it appear smaller.
- Crack a couple of eggs and separate the egg yolks from the whites
- Beat the egg whites thoroughly till it develops a cream-like texture
- Apply it to the breasts in an upward direction
- Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with water
- Repeat it once every day for a few weeks
If done in the right way, these exercises combined with a balanced diet and home remedies can help to reduce your breast size naturally without any side effects and give you a positive body image.