Do you often feel bloat? Although it is not a serious health problem, they make you feel uncomfortable especially when you’re going for a date or a meeting.
Belly bloat occurs due to the buildup of gas in the small intestine that in turn makes the abdomen feels full and tight. However, there are many home remedies to reduce bloating but natural drinks will give even faster relief from bloating.
Natural Anti-Bloat Drinks:
Sip these natural drinks to beat your belly bloat and to feel comfortable by looking slimmer and healthier.
Drink – 1: (Lemon Peppermint Ice Cubes)
Peppermint has menthol that helps to stimulate proper digestion and relieves spasms in muscle tissues which in turn release the buildup of gas. Lemon juice is acidic in nature that helps to break down the food and eases proper digestion.
This combination reduces bloating that caused due to constipation, trapped air, and indigestion
- Squeeze few lemons to extract 2 – 3 cups of fresh lemon juice.
- Put 15 chopped peppermint leaves in the lemon juice and stir well.
- Place this mix into your ice cube tray and freeze it for few minutes.
- After that, add 3 – 4 lemon – mint ice cubes in 1 glass of water and drink it.
- Regular intake of this drink for at least 3 times a day (either normally or with meals) will reduce your belly bloat.
Note: Or simply add fresh lemon juice and freshly chopped mint leaves in 1 glass of water. Stir well and drink it to get relief from abdomen bloating.
Drink – 2: (Pomegranate with Tabasco and Ginger Ale)
Pomegranate has potassium and magnesium that relieves you from belly bloat by retaining water and trapped gas from your body. Tabasco contains capsaicin that increases your urine flow and clears excess salt, which causes bloating. Ginger ale (non-alcoholic) helps for proper digestion and relieves you from trapped gas in your body.
- Mix 1/8 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce, lime juice extracted from 1 lime, 1/2 cup of ginger ale and 1 cup of pomegranate juice (prefer low sugar).
- Mix all these ingredients and pour it in a glass.
- Sip it to get relief from bloating and repeat the intake for another 2 times to get faster relief from bloating.
Drink – 3: (Chocolate Berry Smoothie)
Constipation and indigestion are two common culprits causing your belly bloat. High fiber content in berries prevents constipation and caffeine content in chocolate helps to stimulate your bowel movement.
Also, some people have difficulty in digesting lactose in milk which in turn results in bloating. So, use almond milk as it is lactose-free.
- Pour 1 cup each of strawberries and raspberries, 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips, 1 cup of almond milk and some ice in a blender.
- Blend it for a couple of minutes and pour it into a glass.
- Have this smoothie to get rid of bloating.
- Continue the intake of this drink, once again after few hours, if you didn’t get any relief from your belly bloat.
Drink – 4: (Cucumber with Celery and Apples)
Celery and cucumber have high water content that flushes out the salt, regulates your bowels and relieves you from intestinal gas. Apple aids for proper digestion and lemon adds flavor along with enhancing proper bowel movement.
- Add 1 cucumber (sliced), 2 celery stalks (chopped), 1 lemon (peeled and chopped) and 2 apples (sliced) in a blender.
- Blend it in a juicer and pour the juice into a glass.
- Drink it immediately and repeat it as needed, if you didn’t get relief in few hours.
- Or blend 1 raw garlic clove, 1 sprig of celery, handful of alfalfa and 1 cup of fresh carrot juice in a blender and drink it to get relief from the bloating problem.
- Also, prepare juices with celery, lemon, cucumber or watermelon which acts as anti-bloat beverages.
Drink – 5: (Apple with Flaxseed and Verbena Juice)
Apple aids in proper digestion along with relieving you from the pain and cramps caused due to belly bloat. Flaxseed has high fiber content that promotes bowel movement. This is an effective anti – bloat beverage.
- Pour 2 fresh apples, 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 1 cup of verbena and fennel tea in a blender.
- Blend them thoroughly and drink it to get relief from bloating along with cramps.
- This drink not only relieves you from bloating but also gives relief from gastritis or colon issues.
Drink – 6: (Papaya with Mango and Flaxseed)
Papain is an enzyme present in papaya which acts as a mild laxative (eliminates excess water) and also has high fiber content. Mango has potassium and amino acids that flush out the excess liquid from your system.
Flaxseed has a rich amount of fiber that aids in proper digestion. This anti-bloat drink is used to clear bloat that caused by poor digestion and constipation.
- Add 1 mango (chopped), 1 large piece of papaya, 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed, a little honey and 1 cup of water in a blender.
- Blend it for a couple of minutes and drink it to get relief from the problem.
- Regular intake for 1 – 2 times in a day will definitely help you to get relief from the problem.
Tips and Precautions:
- Lemon juice has natural diuretic and gentle laxative property that reduce the salt and excess water retained in the body. So, squeeze fresh lemon juice in 1 glass of warm water and drink it either in every morning or whenever you feel bloated to get rid of the problem.
- Be sure that you’re near to your restroom for a couple of hours why because the diuretic effects of these fruits and veggies will make you, urinate frequently.
- Other than juices, you can also drink herbal teas (like ginger tea, bilberry tea, hibiscus tea, fennel tea, lemon tea or mint tea, cinnamon tea, green tea or chamomile tea), yogurt (or probiotic-rich foods), natural diuretic or laxative containing fruit or vegetable juices and natural coconut water to get relief from bloating.
- Bloating relief water can also be prepared by mixing 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, 1 cucumber (peeled and sliced), 1 lemon (sliced), 12 spearmint leaves and 2 liters of water in a glass container. Refrigerate for few hours and then strain the liquid. Drink it to get rid of belly bloat.
- Consult your doctor, if you didn’t get any relief from your belly bloat or suffering too often from bloating for proper diagnose and treatment.
- Drink plenty of water, avoid salt or processed foods, limit your carbonated and alcohol beverages, consume fiber rich foods along with fresh fruits and veggies, eat 6 small meals rather than 3 big meals in a day, etc. should be included in your daily lifestyle to get rid of bloating.
- Cut down your excess calories and maintain perfect weight by doing exercises, yoga, and a healthy lifestyle.
Try these natural drinks to reduce your belly bloat. Do you know any other effective natural drinks to blast your belly bloat? Then share it with us in the comments box.