Everyone desires to have a healthy hair with flake – free scalp. Long, shiny and lustrous hair not only enhances the beauty of a girl but also indicates their overall health.
But due to pollution, nutritional deficiencies, improper hair care, stress and other environmental irritants, we are experiencing many hair problems like dandruff, hair fall, head lice, dry and itchy scalp, frizzy hair, etc.
For a healthy hair growth, we need a good shampoo to deep cleanse the hair, oil to nourish and conditioner to make it smooth and shiny.
Although, there are many shampoos, oils, creams, conditioners and other hair care products available in the cosmetic world, the only drawback is that the chemicals in it, which may harm your hair in the longer run.
Do you know that regular application of hair oil will nourish your hair and scalp for proper hair growth? yes, the oil will repair the dry and damaged scalp, smoothens your dull and rough hair, hydrates your hair by locking the moisture and prevents hair loss and gray (or premature gray) hair problems.
Instead of using chemical based hair oils, why don’t we use a natural homemade hair oil prepared with simple ingredients? In this article, we are going to know about natural homemade hair oils for healthy hair growth and to treat many hair or scalp problems.
Homemade Natural Hair Oil for Healthy Hair:
Coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil, mustard oil, etc. are some of the most commonly used hair oils. So, here let’s know how to prepare a natural hair oil using the combination of these oils.
Hair Oil – 1: (Coconut Oil with Castor Oil and Lavender Oil)
Coconut oil has essential fatty acids that penetrate deep into the scalp and nourishes your hair. Castor oil improves blood circulation that prevents scalp problems and helps regrowth your hair. Lavender oil and tea tree oil helps to prevent dry, flaky and itchy scalp along with dandruff.
Vitamin E oil will boost the oxygen supply to the scalp and thus makes the hair stronger and healthier (less prone to breakage).
- Mix 80 ml of organic coconut oil and 30 ml of castor oil in a bowl.
- Then add 5 – 6 drops of lavender oil, 5 – 8 drops of tea tree oil and vitamin E oil (from 5 – 6 vitamin E capsules into the bowl.
- Stir all these ingredients and pour it in a clean hair oil bottle.
- Dampen your hair and apply the warm oil onto your hair and scalp.
- Now massage gently to spread the oil evenly and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Let the oil sit for a minimum of 30 – 45 minutes to overnight and then wash your hair with a regular shampoo.
- Repeat this oil application regularly for 2 – 3 times a week to grab the hair growth.
Hair Oil – 2: (Coconut Oil with Curry Leaves, Amla and Mustard Oil)
Coconut oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that nourish your hair and prevent damages and infections on the scalp. Alkanet is a natural conditioner that prevents premature graying, baldness and hair loss. Fenugreek seeds prevent hair loss, premature graying and dandruff.
Amla (or Indian Gooseberry) has rich content of vitamin C that prevents hair breakage, it also removes dandruff and unwanted flakes on the scalp. Curry leaves have essential nutrients that prevent hair damages, treats dandruff, strengthens your hair follicles. Vitamin B in curry leaves will prevent premature graying of hair.
- Pour 2 cups of coconut oil in a pan and add 1 cup of alkanet herb in it.
- Boil it for few minutes and then add 15 – 20 amla (deseed pieces) to it.
- Stir well and add few fenugreek seeds and 1 cup of fresh curry leaves.
- Boil it for 1 – 1 ½ hours under low flame and strain it to cool down.
- Store this deep red hair oil in an empty bottle for regular usage.
- Now add mustard oil (1 part of raw mustard oil to 5 parts of prepared oil) to the oil and shake it well.
- Apply the oil to your scalp and hair and let it sit for few hours to overnight.
- Finally, rinse off your hair to get rid of the hair fall and grey hair problems.
- Continue the application of this oil for 2 – 3 times a week on regular basis.
Hair Oil – 3: (Henna Hair Oil with Coconut Oil and Fenugreek Seeds)
Henna is a natural hair color and conditioner that re-grow your lost hair follicles. Fenugreek seeds have high amounts of proteins, iron, potassium, vitamin C and lecithin that nourish and strengthen your hair follicles and regrow them to prevent hair fall.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of natural henna powder with 4 tablespoons of organic coconut oil in a bowl to make it a fine paste.
- Then add 1 cup of coconut oil to it and stir well.
- Microwave the oil mix bowl for 30 seconds and pour this oil into the glass jar filled with 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds.
- Shake the jar well and apply this henna hair oil onto your scalp and hair.
- Massage it gently to spread the oil and also to boost proper blood circulation.
- Let it sit for few hours to overnight and rinse off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Regularly apply this warm henna oil for 2 – 3 times a week to get rid of baldness and gray hair.
Hair Oil – 4: (Carrier Oils with Amla)
Coconut oil has natural antioxidants along with a rich source of vitamins (K & E) and iron that fights against the free radicals damaging your hair and also nourishes your scalp. Olive oil improves the hair’s elasticity to prevent hair breakage.
Sesame oil nourishes your hair to get rid of dry and frizzy hair. Castor oil has an antimicrobial property that helps to protect the scalp. Almond oil nourishes and smoothes the hair follicles to make it thick.
- Pour 100 ml of organic coconut oil, olive oil, mustard oil, sesame oil, almond oil and castor oil in a pan.
- Place the pan on the stove over low heat and add 2 handfuls of dried amla and 2 handfuls of curry leaves in it.
- Stir well and then add small chunks of onions in this oil.
- Boil it till the onions chunks turn into brownish color and turn off the heat.
- Let the oil cool for few minutes and strain it.
- Store the oil in an airtight container and apply this oil for twice a week regularly to get healthy hair growth.
Hair Oil – 5: (Coconut Oil with Curry Leaves, Hibiscus and Henna)
Curry leaves have a rich source of beta keratin, amino acids and antioxidant property that makes your hair grow stronger. Henna is a natural hair conditioner, durva (Bermuda) grass help to absorb the heat from the body. Hibiscus flowers prevent premature gray hair and make your hair root strong.
- Pour 1 ½ glass of water, 1 bowl of curry leaves, a handful of henna leaves, 7 – 10 hibiscus flowers and few durva (Bermuda) grass in a pan.
- Boil it till the water level reduced to 1/2 glass and then strain the juice.
- Now place a pot filled with 1 liter of coconut oil on the stove and pour the juice into it.
- Stir well and boil it for 30 minutes.
- let the oil cool for few minutes and store it an empty hair oil bottle.
- Then take enough oil and warm it slightly to apply it thoroughly on your scalp and hair.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and rinse off after few hours.
- Repeat it once or twice a week regularly to reduce hair breakage and to make your hair growth strong and shiny.
Hair Oil – 6: (Curry Leaves Herbal Hair Oil)
This Herbal Hair oil is effective in treating dry scalp, dandruff, baldness, and premature grey hair.
- Wash 10 sprigs of curry leaves and dry them thoroughly under the sun.
- After it dries completely then grind them by adding 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds till you get a fine powder.
- Then add 125 ml of coconut oil and 50 ml of castor oil in a pan.
- Heat it for few minutes and add the curry leaves powder to it.
- Stir well and heat the ingredients for 3 – 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Cover the pan with its lid and rest it for about 10 hours.
- Strain the oil into an airtight container and apply this oil on all over the scalp and hair.
- Regular application of this herbal oil will help to get rid of hair fall and promotes strong hair growth.
Hair Oil – 7: (Onions with Garlic, Olive Oil and Green Tea)
Onion has a rich content of sulfur that helps for the regrowth of hair follicles to prevent hair fall. Olive oil has a deep moisturizing property that promotes healthy scalp and thereby hair growth. Green tea restricts the growth of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that hinders hair growth and causes hair fall.
- Place 1 onion, 5 cloves of garlic, 2 teaspoons of crushed cumin seeds and 1 teaspoon of pounded ginger in a blender and blend it.
- Put this paste in a jar and add 4 tablespoons each of olive oil and green tea to it.
- Stir well and apply this oil mix on the hair by massaging gently.
- Rinse off your hair after 30 – 45 minutes and repeat regularly for best results.
Tips and Precautions:
- Also, mix equal quantities of coconut oil, almond oil, and sesame oil in a bottle and shake it well. Apply this oil on the scalp and leave for overnight. Rinse off your hair with shampoo in the next morning.
- You can prepare hair oil by adding essential oils like mixing 2 ounces of coconut oil, 1 ounce each of castor oil and apricot kernel oil, 6 drops each of lavender, peppermint, rosemary, clay sage essential oil to it. Stir well and use this herbal oil on regular basis to get rid of baldness or hair fall.
- A healthy massage will help to boost up the blood circulation and makes your hair look shiny and smooth.
- Other than the application of hair oils, you have to rinse your hair with shampoo, reduce the usage of hair styling products, overheating the hair and other hair care hygiene to enjoy healthy and long hair.
- Treat your scalp problems like dryness, dullness, frizzy, dandruff, itching, psoriasis or others quickly to prevent the further damage caused by it.
Try these natural homemade hair oils. Do you know any other methods of preparing natural hair oils at home? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply