Belly fat – The worst nightmare for most of the people in these days, which not only make us look unattractive or lessen the self – esteem but also become a base for many health problems like high blood pressure, fatty liver, diabetes, heart problems, dementia, etc.
Belly fat (or abdominal fat or visceral fat) accumulates around the midsection that caused due to unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle like consuming carbohydrates, junk foods or more calorie foods, genetics, lack of physical activities, weak metabolism, overeating, intake of food before bedtime, stress, lack of proper sleep, poor posture, hormonal changes, etc.
How the fat accumulates in the belly?
The carbohydrates, fats, and proteins from the food which we eat will serve as a catalyst to produce energy that is used to perform various bodily functions. The excess will be stored as a fat in the fat cells of the body.
If we increase the intake of carbohydrates and fat foods then the fat cells will run out of the space and stored within the muscle linings, especially present in the areas like waist, hips, chest and when there is no more space in the fat cells then it accumulates in the muscle linings resulting to a flab.
Making your belly fat to flat is little difficult but we can easily lose the belly fat and stay slim with the proper planning of diet (eating the right food at right time) and exercises in the daily routine. So, to wear your favorite dresses, you have to know the reasons for accumulation of fat in your tummy and take necessary steps.
Home Remedies to Lose Belly Fat:
Here we are going to know what to include in your diet and exercises to reduce this stubborn belly fat and thereby to enjoy a healthy and flat belly.
Remedy – 1: (Fat Burning Beverages)
Consuming fatty foods and drinking unhealthy beverages will increase your waist line. So, here we will know some healthy fat burning beverages for losing your tummy fat.
1. Lemon Water:
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, magnesium and calcium that helps for proper digestion and maintain normal blood pressure. Lemon water will increase enzymes to detoxify your liver and thereby it enhances the liver functioning of metabolizing fat to prevent its deposits around the waistline.
Take a lemon and squeeze out its juice in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Stir well and drink it in every morning on an empty stomach. Avoid eating or drinking anything for at least 30 minutes after drinking this lemon water.
Or you can add few chopped garlic cloves in this lemon water before drinking, as garlic is good for cardiovascular health and blood pressure and also increases good cholesterol to inhibit the process of adipogenesis (making fat).
2. Cranberry Juice:
The rich content of organic acids like citric acid, malic acid, and quinic acid will work as digestive enzymes and emulsifying agents that help to reduce the stubborn fat deposits in the lymphatic system and thus digest the waste that can’t process by the liver.
Mix 1 cup of unsweetened cranberry juice in 7 cups of water and stir well. Drink 1 cup of this cranberry water before breakfast and lunch, after dinner and at other times of the day – throughout the day.
Also, prepare an instant cran – water by mixing 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice in 7 oz. of water. Stir and drink it when you need to drink it.
3. Ginger Tea:
Ginger has a thermogenic property that increases body temperature to burn your fat effectively and aids in proper digestion. It also suppresses the production of cortisol (steroid hormone for energy regulation and metabolism) that helps in losing tummy fat.
Boil 4 cups of water and add 1 to 2-inch piece of peeled ginger in this water. Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes and turn off the heat. Then add fresh lemon juice squeezed from 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey to it. Stir well and drink 1 cup of this ginger tea in the morning. Drinking 2 – 3 cups of ginger tea daily will help to regulate metabolism, reduce cortisol production and aids in digestion.
4. Detox Water (or Herbs Infused Water):
Drinking detox water prepared with water, lemon, cucumber, ginger and mint leaves will help you to cleanse your body by removing impurities and boosts metabolism. Cucumber has dietary fibers that cleanse the body deeply. Both ginger and lemon act as excellent fat burners that boost metabolism. Mint calm down the carvings and soothes the tummy. Water hydrates your body.
Pour 2 liters of water in a jar and pour fresh slices of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, 1 medium sized sliced cucumber and 10 – 12 sprigs of mint leaves in this water. Cover it and let it soak for overnight. In the next day, you can drink this detox water throughout the day.
5. Dandelion Tea:
The natural diuretic property of dandelion will increase your urine output and thus reduce the fat caused due to water retention. It improves liver functioning by flushing out toxins and retained water from the body.
Prepare dandelion tea by adding 1 tablespoon of a roasted dandelion root, cardamom seeds (1 cardamom), 1/2 inch piece of cinnamon bark, 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger and 4 – 5 fresh mint leaves in 1 ½ cups of water. Boil it for 7 – 10 minutes and strain the tea. Add 1 ½ teaspoon of honey and drink this delicious dandelion tea for 2 – 4 times daily to get rid of belly fat.
Avoid the intake of dandelion tea if you’re suffering from gall bladder issues and also consult your doctor before having this tea.
6. Green Tea:
Green tea (prefer matcha tea) contains catechin called epigallocatechin – 3 – gallate (EGCG) that boosts up your metabolism and thereby reduces your excess fat from the belly. You can use a green tea bag or green tea leaves for preparing this fat burning green tea recipe.
Pour 1 – 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves and 4 – 5 mint leaves in 1 cup of water. Cover and let it steep for 5 – 10 minutes. Strain and stir by adding 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Sip your green tea slowly and continue the intake for 3 – 4 times daily (prefer to take it early morning and after your meals).
Check out the Best Tea’s for Weight Loss
7. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) loses your overweight with its rich source of organic acids and enzymes that increase your metabolism. It suppresses your appetite to make you consume fewer calories and shred the calories inside the body.
Mix 1 tablespoon of organic unfiltered ACV in 1 glass of water (prefer warm water) and stir well. Drink this ACV water 30 minutes before each meal. (Or) you can add 1 teaspoon of honey or cinnamon or maple syrup in this ACV water to enhance its taste and to lose your tummy fat.
When you’re in the fat burning process, you have to stay hydrated why because the body needs more water to break down the fat cells and clear toxins which are released in this process. So, drink plenty of water (drink 1 liter of warm water on an empty stomach) and other healthy fruit or vegetable juices to stay hydrated and burn your belly fat.
Remedy – 2: (Consume Healthy Fats)
In general, our body needs essential fatty acids (EFA’s) to synthesize the hormones working for metabolizing fat stores. Here are some best sources of EFA’s used to burn the belly fat quickly.
1. Fish (or Fish Oil):
Omega – 3 fatty acids in fish oil will help to break down the fat and thereby reduce the fat storage around the waistline. Consume 6 grams (1 tablespoon) of fish oil daily (or) eat fish, especially cold water fish that are rich in omega – 3 fats like mackerel, salmon, tuna or halibut for twice a week to reduce your abdominal fat.
2. Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds are the best plant based source of omega – 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, dietary fiber and calcium that makes you feel full for a longer time. It is suggested that the intake of 4 – 7 tablespoons of chia seeds during a day will help to keep you less hungry and thus prevents you from overeating.
Simply, add chia seeds to your salads, smoothies, and yogurt (or) add them to the breakfast cereal (or) use as a thickening agent for your gravies or soups. You can also consume nuts and seeds like almonds, soybeans, walnuts, and flaxseeds to melt this stubborn belly fat in limited quantity.
3. Coconut Oil:
The medium chain triglycerides and lauric acid in coconut oil help to burn your fat, improves HDL cholesterol levels and increases your energy levels. This makes you feel full for a long time and reduces the intake of calories.
Replace your existing cooking oil with coconut oil but don’t mix coconut oil with your existing oil. Make sure that you should not drink more than 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day.
The lecithin is an amino acid present in avocado that helps in managing your body weight. It is enriched with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that help to burn your belly fat fast. The rich fiber content helps a lot in keeping your hunger at bay and prevents you from overeating.
Remedy – 3: (Superfoods for Flat Belly)
There are many superfoods to be included in your diet for reducing your belly fat and maintaining a flat tummy. Here are some best foods mentioned which you have to follow them regularly.
- Watermelon – Watermelon contains 91% water and when you eat it before meals then it keeps you feeling full for a longer time and helps to combat weight caused by water retention. It is low in fat but high in vitamins B1, B6 & C, magnesium and potassium that reduce body weight but not muscle mass.
- Beans – Consuming different types of beans will help to reduce body fat, suppress your appetite and improve digestion. The rich content of soluble fiber and proteins helps to break down the fat cells and provides instant energy. So, include beans in your salads, side dishes or soups on daily basis.
- Celery – Celery is high in fiber, vitamin C and calcium and low in calories, which helps to reduce your belly weight. So, drink 1/2 a glass of celery juice daily before eating your meals to cleanse the system (or) add celery to your soup or salad to curb the appetite and lose your tummy fat.
- Apples – The rich content of flavonoids, beta – carotene, dietary fiber and phytosterol in apples make the belly feel full and thus avoid overeating. Pectin in apple aids in weight loss by trapping dietary cholesterol and fat. So, eat 2 or more apple per day to lose weight, including belly fat.
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers contains 96% water and are packed with dietary fibers and essential nutrients. So, consume a plate of cucumber salad daily to cleanse your body from harmful toxins released by the digestive system and thereby reduces your belly fat.
- Pineapple – Bromelain is an enzyme present in pineapple that exhibits antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to metabolize the protein to make your tummy flat. It also reduces abdominal bloating and other stomach disorders to make a slimmer waistline.
- Tomatoes – Tomato is another low-calorie food that has 9 – oxo – ODA compound to reduce your lipids in the blood and thereby controls belly fat. This also helps to fight against the chronic diseases associated with obesity. It is enriched with nutrients and vitamins, so include in your daily diet.
- Tart Cherries – Following a diet containing tart cherries will lower your metabolic syndrome which in turn reduces the belly fat as well as diabetes and heart problems. It lowers your cholesterol levels and reduces the body and belly fat to a large extent.
- Cayenne Pepper – The capsaicin is a bio chemical present in cayenne pepper that increases the blood flow to the stomach and thereby improves digestion and the absorption of nutrients. Cayenne pepper (or hot pepper) makes you consume less food but provides more energy and eventually burns your belly fat.
- Others – Intake of lean meat, dark leafy greens, cinnamon, curry leaves, cardamom, mint, oatmeal, peanut butter, eggs (or omelette), berries, yogurt, banana, etc. as a part of your daily diet to get rid of the belly fat.
Remedy – 4: (Lifestyle Changes)
Adapting a good lifestyle will help you a lot in not only reducing belly fat but also your overweight and thereby other health problems.
- A good posture like standing or sitting up straight will help to reduce few pounds and thus make those abs look flatter.
- Always set drinking a glass of warm water as soon as you wake up as your daily morning routine of to prevent constipation and abdominal bloating.
- Getting a sound sleep of about 7 – 9 hours will definitely help you in the proper functioning of your brain and body by relieving your stress, strain, and hormonal imbalances and thereby burn your stubborn belly fat.
Remedy – 5: (Diet Habits)
- Cut down the processed or instant foods and foods that are high in salt and sugars. Include fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber and high water content to reduce bloating and aids in digestion to shed some pounds off your tummy.
- Consume small and frequent meals but make sure it should have healthy nutritious food. Chewing your food properly will also place an important role. This, in turn, relieves your gas, indigestion and bloating.
- Avoid eating food quickly or chewing gum, as you tend to swallow air and accumulate in the belly, causing a little bump. Also, avoid the use of artificial sweeteners, which contains chemicals that stored as fat cells in the body and belly.
- Consume yogurt or buttermilk and other probiotics foods (good bacteria) to support your digestive system and keep the gastrointestinal problems at bay. Also, include dairy foods like low-fat milk.
- Consume healthy carbohydrates like brown rice, cereal fiber, dark bread, couscous, bulgur wheat, whole grains, etc. will reduce your belly fat by making you feel full and consume less.
- Eat more high-quality protein food to reduce the abdominal fat, aid in metabolism and reduce your hunger pangs. Make sure to avoid starchy foods, as it converts into sugars and thereby belly fat.
- Vitamin C enriched foods help to relieve you from stress and many health problems like indigestion, blood pressure fluctuations, etc.
Remedy – 6: (Exercises)
Exercises will also play an important role in losing your belly fat and overall weight in a healthy way. Here are some exercises mentioned which you have to follow them regularly to maintain a flat belly.
- Any activity that helps to burn your unwanted belly fat is considered as exercise like running, jogging, brisk walking, normal walking or power walking, perform few sets of chair squats, jumping jacks or rope, dancing, skipping, swimming, etc.
- Other exercises include crunches, twist crunches, side crunch, reverse crunches, bicycle exercise, rolling plank exercises, cycling, bending side to side, stomach vacuum, Surya namaskara’s (India Yoga), etc. will help to lose your excess belly fat.
- Aim to walk completely for 10000 steps per day to detox and reactivate your body parts.
- Perform some regular strength training and cardiovascular exercises to build up and strengthen your muscle tone.
- Never ever choose a crash diet or diet pills or skipping meals to cut down the fat in your waistline, as they won’t make you lose weight but in turn gives some serious side effects.
Consult your doctor if you don’t get any relief from the belly fat after following these remedies and suggestions, for proper diagnose and treatment.
Try these natural ways to get rid of belly fat. Do you know any other successful tips or tricks to get relief from belly fat? Then share it with us in the below comments box.