Having pink lips and cheeks will definitely enhance the women natural beauty. Most of the ladies are spending a lot of money in buying the lipsticks or cheek stain to improve their beauty.
Using natural DIY lip and cheek stain not only save your money but also it is safe to use (without any harsh chemical ingredients) that makes your lips smooth, soft and nourished.
Just try any one these DIY lip and cheek stain and use it regularly, if you liked it then go for different natural lip and cheek stain at home.
Here we are providing 5 effective DIY lip and cheek stain that promote natural color to your lips and cheeks.
Method – 1: (Beets)
Beetroot will stain anything that came into its contact with its natural color. Vegetable glycerin used in this process helps to lock moisture in the skin and also works as a base for this lip or cheek stain product.
- Peel and chop 1/2 a beetroot into small pieces.
- Place it in a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of glycerin.
- Stir well and cook the beets in a double boiler or steaming pot for 20 – 30 minutes till the beets gets softer.
- Mash up the beetroot with a fork or a spoon.
- Transfer the mashed beets into a strainer and press it to collect its juice.
- Finally, add this beet juice into a container and put its lid tightly.
- To apply it, you simply dab a little on your lips and cheeks.
- Also, you can carry this stain in your handbag to wherever you want. It can also last for 2 – 3 weeks, if placed in the refrigerator.
- Or simply blend 1 beetroot (peeled and chopped), 2 tablespoons of raw honey and 4 tablespoons of olive oil till they become smooth. Apply it on the lips or rub it on your cheeks to get a rosy glow. Refrigerate for further usage.
- Or mix 2 drops of lemon juice in pure beetroot juice and apply it on the lip and cheek for a beautiful pinkish glow.
- Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoon each of beetroot powder and jojoba oil in 1 tablespoon of organic vegetable glycerin. Apply it on the clean lips and cheek as a stain.
Method – 2: (Coconut Oil with Cranberries)
Coconut oil and Shea butter will add essential moisturizer to the skin and firmness to the texture. Beets and cranberries give its natural color to the skin.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil in a small saucepan.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of freeze – dried cranberry powder and 1/2 teaspoon of beetroot powder in it.
- Allow it to stand for 40 – 50 minutes or more to infuse the oil.
- Let it cool for few minutes till it becomes warm but not hot.
- Then strain this warm oil into a container over a fine mesh sieve and press it using a spoon.
- Now add 1 – 2 teaspoons of Shea butter to it and let the oil cool for few minutes.
- Transfer this oil into a small jar which has a tight fitting lid and store it in a cool place.
- To apply, dab a little of this mix on the lips and cheeks.
- Regular usage will provide you with nice pink lips and cheeks.
- Or mix beeswax which gives a firmer texture to the skin.
- Also, add 2 – 4 drops of peppermint essential oil or 1/2 teaspoon of red or rose mica powder instead of cranberries and beetroot powder in the above mix.
Method – 3: (Berries with Olive Oil)
Olive oil hydrates and soothes your lips. Berries will give its natural color to your lips and cheek.
- Combine 5 blackberries and 5 raspberries in a small bowl.
- Blend it by adding 1 teaspoon of olive oil and drain the liquid into another container.
- Apply this mix to your lips and cheek using your fingers or a cotton ball.
- Refrigerate the remaining by storing in an airtight container.
Method – 4: (Pomegranate Seeds)
Pomegranate is another staining fruit that gives its natural color to the substance which came into its contact.
- Grind some pomegranate seeds and extract its juice.
- Then add few drops of coconut oil to it and stir well.
- Dab it directly on the lips and cheek to get a natural glowing lips and cheeks tint.
Method – 5: (Alkanet Root with Almond Oil)
Alkanet root is used as a natural dyeing agent that gives a ruby red color to your lips naturally. Almond oil nourishes your cheeks and lips with its moisturizing properties.
- Pour enough water at the bottom of your double boiler.
- Add 3 tablespoons of alkanet root and 1 cup of sweet almond oil in the top section.
- Heat the boiler over medium low heat and then turn it to a low simmer.
- Stir it well and simmer it for about 15 minutes till the oil turns to deep red.
- Then strain the alkanet root infused almond oil using a mesh strainer.
- Now pour this deep red oil back into the top pot of a double boiler.
- Add 1/2 ounce of beeswax, 1/4 ounce of cocoa butter and 2 teaspoons of beetroot powder in it.
- Stir well and turn off the head when all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Finally, add 10 – 12 drops of peppermint essential oil to it and pour this lip and cheek stain into a container.
- Let it dry for few minutes and then use it to get a red rosy stain to your lips and cheeks.
- To apply, dab a little of this mix using a cotton ball on the lips and cheeks.
Tips and Precautions:
- Remember this beet lip and cheek stain will not last as long as store-bought one and you need to reapply it after a certain time. But the only best thing it gives you is a natural flushed pink color to the lips and cheeks.
- Also, mix 1 teaspoon of organic hibiscus powder, 1/2 teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract to 1 ½ tablespoon of distilled water. Strain it and pour the mix in an empty roll on bottle. Use it regularly.
Have you tried these natural lip and cheek stain? Or do you know any other lip and cheek stain? Then share it with us in the comments box.