Lemons have become a part of our life by giving various health and beauty problems, particularly for your face. Face is your identification and represents all about yourself to others. So, a clean and bright face is very essential in this modern society. Lemon helps to clear blemishes, wrinkles, dark spots and whitens your skin tone with its amazing properties.
Here in this article, we are going to know how lemon is used for treating many skin problems. Have a look on how to use lemon for preventing the particular problem. Let’s get started.
Method – 1: (Lemon for Dark Spots)
Dark or brown spots are caused due to the increase in melanin content in the skin and thus turn into darker. It appears most commonly on face, neck, hands, legs, chest and shoulders which are more exposed to the sun.
Lemon has natural lightening property that helps to bleach the dark skin and makes you appear with even skin tone. It exfoliates to remove the dead cells and reveal the fresh layers of the skin.
- Cut a large fresh lemon into slices and place it on the dark spots.
- Rub it gently and rinse off with water after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Repeat it regularly to get rid of the problem.
- Or dilute lemon juice in water and apply it on the dark spots using a cotton ball.
- Or else mix sugar to lemon juice and use this to scrub the affected areas of the skin. Rinse off after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, the combination of lemon and tomato is also very effective in treating many skin and face problems. Mix a paste of 2 tomatoes in 4 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and apply it on dark spots and rinse off after 30 minutes.
Method – 2: (Lemon for Blemishes)
Blemishes are one of the nightmares for most of the people. it is an inflammatory skin problem that caused due to the build-up of excess oil, dead cells on the hair follicles that clogs the skin and the bacteria thrives as acne or pimples.
Lemon has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that kill the bacteria causing problem. It exfoliates to remove the dead cells to clog the pores and reduces redness and inflammation on the skin.
- When honey mixed with lemon juice, it exhibits many amazing properties that help a lot in treating many skin problems including blemishes.
- Wash your face and steam it to open up the skin pores.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in a freshly squeezed lemon juice from a lemon.
- Apply this mask on the face but concentrate more on the blemishes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and then with cool water for 30 minutes.
- Dry the towel and repeat it twice weekly to get rid of the problem.
Note: Mix 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Spread it on affected areas using a cotton ball and rinse off with warm water after 30 – 45 minutes.
Method – 3: (Lemon for Face Wrinkles)
As we age, the inner layer of the skin will start to become thin and reduces its ability to repair and causes wrinkles. It is caused by sun exposure, poor diet, stress, smoking and hormonal imbalance.
Lemon has citric acid that helps to exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells and acts as an astringent that deeply cleanse the pores to keep the skin healthy.
- Dilute some water in fresh lemon juice and apply it directly on the wrinkles affected skin areas.
- Massage gently for few minutes and let it sit for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and continue thrice daily.
Note: Or add equal quantities of fresh lemon juice and Amla powder to make a fine paste. Apply it on the wrinkles affected skin areas. Rinse off with water after 5 – 10 minutes and repeat it regularly.
Method – 4: (Lemon for Skin Whitening)
Everyone wishes to have flawless beautiful skin but due to more of melanin pigment the skin looks darker and lemon helps a lot in giving a flawless and fair skin with an even tone.
Lemon has astringent property that tightens the skin pores and thus reduces the sebum secretion. It has natural lightening and bleaching property that gives even skin tone with fair complexion.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of fresh lemon juice and fuller’s earth and 2 teaspoons of rose water.
- Stir well and apply it on the dark skin.
- Rub it gently and let it sit for about 15 – 30 minutes.
- Wash the applied area with water and repeat the process regularly.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of fresh lemon juice, honey and olive oil. Apply it on the dark skin and massage for 5 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoons of lemon juice and turmeric powder and apply it on the dark skin. Rinse off with cold water after 15 – 20 minutes.
Tips and Precautions:
- Avoid going on sunlight during application or after application of lemon juice, as it causes photo sensitivity and darkens the skin even more.
- Lemon causes dryness on the skin. So it’s best to apply moisturizer to the skin after its application.
For sensitive or dry skin, direct application of lemon juice will cause some irritation, redness and itching on the skin.
Avoid application of lemon juice around the eyes, on open wounds or cuts to prevent irritation.
- You can also use lemon essential oil on the skin to remove many skin problems and make your skin look with even skin tone.
- Consult your dermatologist if you didn’t get any relief from the skin problems after using lemon for face.
This is all about Lemon for Face, hope you liked the article and will give a trial to these lemon methods. Get your fair and flawless skin but don’t forget to share your experience with us.
Leave a Reply