Kidneys are one of the important organs in the body that are responsible for the function of excretion. They maintain a proper balance of acid – base and electrolytes levels, regulates blood pressure and flush out the toxins (or wastes) from the body.
Due to certain eating habits or other body infections, they may be some malfunctioning of kidneys, which in turn cause terrible and unbearable kidney pain.
Pain in the lower back and lower abdomen, fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, burning sensation or bleeding while urinating, chills, etc. are some symptoms of kidney pain.
Urinary tract infection, kidney stone, tumor in kidney, bleeding inside the kidney, enlarged prostate, blood coagulation in kidney veins, blocked flow of urine, etc. are some causes for kidney pain.
So, if you get any sudden or severe back pain in between the lowest rib and the buttock, then you are suffering from kidney pain. Consult your doctor for proper diagnose and treatment.
There are some natural home remedies that are used as an adjunct treatment for curing your kidney pain. Let’s get started.
Home Remedies for Kidney Pain:
Here are some effective natural remedies that help you a lot in dealing with your kidney pain at home successfully.
Remedy – 1: (Lemon Water)
The acetic and citric acid in lemon helps to break up the kidney stones and clear it from the body.
Here are some ways of using lemon for kidney pain.
- Start your day with lemon water. Mix the juice of 1 fresh lemon in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Stir well and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach to clear pain.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice in 1 glass of water and drink it when you’re suffering from kidney pain.
- Simply mix 4 tablespoons each of fresh lemon juice and olive oil and drink it. But be sure that you should have the ability to digest the oil.
Remedy – 2: (Herbal Teas)
There are many herbal teas that exhibit diuretic property (teas mentioned below contains this property), which in turn increase the urine output and flushes out the toxins from your kidneys.
Here are some herbal teas that help you to get rid of kidney pain.
- Dandelion Tea – It stimulates the blood circulation in kidneys. Mix 1 – 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion leaves herb in 1 cup of hot water. Steep for 10 – 15 minutes and strain it. Drink 2 – 3 cups of dandelion tea daily.
- Watermelon Seed Tea –It flushes out toxins from the kidney and urinary bladder with its stimulant property. Place 1 tablespoon of watermelon seeds in a vessel and pour 2 cups of boiling water over it. Wait till it cools and then strain it to drink the tea.
- Celery Seeds Tea – It has volatile oil that shows antimicrobial properties, which clears the infection causing germs. Ground 1 tablespoon of celery seeds and pour 1 cup of hot water over it. Wait to cool tea and strain it to drink it.
- Corn Silk Tea – It soothes the painful urinary tract and eases the pain and inflammation along with fluid retention in the body. Place 1 tablespoon of corn silk in a pot and pour 2 cups of boiling water. Cover it to steep it for 5 – 10 minutes. Strain it and drink it 2 – 4 cups of this silk tea daily.
- Parsley Tea – It helps to reduce the pain and swelling. Chop 1 big bunch of fresh parsley and boil 4 cups of water for few minutes. Then add chopped parsley in this water and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and drink it. Pregnant ladies should avoid drinking it. You can also drink parsley juice.
- Plantain Tea – The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties will relieve pain, burning and other discomforts. Place 1 tablespoon of plantain herb in a pot filled with 1 cup of hot water. Steep it for 10 minutes and strain it to add honey. Drink it 3 – 4 times daily.
- Nettle Tea – It helps to treat kidney inflammations with its diuretic property. Pour 1 cup of hot water in a pot having 2 – 3 teaspoons of nettle leaves. Steep it for 10 minutes and strain it to drink nettle tea for 2 – 3 times daily.
Remedy – 3: (Marshmallow Root)
Marshmallow has diuretic nature that flushes out the toxins by increasing the urine content. It has mucilages that help to soothe and protect the irritated tissues of the body by coating it.
- Place 4 tablespoons of marshmallow root in a 1-liter jar and fill the jar with water.
- Cover it and let it soak for overnight in the refrigerator.
- Strain the water and add honey to water.
- Stir well and drink that marshmallow root cold infusion tea throughout the day.
- Repeat it regularly to get rid of the kidney pain.
Note: Or pour 1 tablespoon of marshmallow root in a pot having 1 cup of hot water. Cover and steep it for 10 – 15 minutes. Strain and drink it tea for 2 – 4 times daily.
Remedy – 4: (Cabbage Leaves Poultice)
Cabbage leaves clear the disease-causing fluids out of the body and relieves you from the pain caused due to kidney or urinary tract problems.
- Place 2 – 4 cabbage leaves, 2 onions (chopped), 3 – 4 handfuls of bran and some water in a pot.
- Boil it for 20 minutes till the water evaporates and place this poultice on gauze.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for 1 – 2 hours (or overnight).
- Continue applying this hot poultice regularly till you get rid of kidney pain.
Remedy – 5: (Basil)
Basil has diuretic and detoxifier nature that removes the stones and enhances the functioning of the kidneys. It has pain killing property that reduces the kidney pain.
- Mix equal quantities of raw honey and fresh basil juice.
- Stir well and drink it to get rid of pain and kidney stones.
- For best results, regularize the intake of this mix once daily.
Remedy – 6: (Uva-Ursi)
Uva ursi (bearberry) is a herb that used to treat urinary and kidney problems with its diuretic property. It effectively treats kidney infections that are caused by E. coli bacteria in the intestine.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of uva ursi leaves in 2 cups of water.
- Simmer it for 30 – 40 minutes till the water reduced to 1 cup.
- Strain the tea and drink 1/2 cup of this tea for twice daily.
Note: Pregnant or nursing women should avoid taking this herb.
Remedy – 7: (Mustard Plaster)
Mustard plaster or poultice helps to stimulate the healing of irritation and pain of your kidneys. Applying pure mustard plaster (mustard powder) for a longer time will cause blisters and burning on the skin. So, it should be mixed with flour.
- Add 1 part of mustard powder in 4 parts of whole wheat flour.
- Stir well by adding enough water or egg white till it forms a thin paste.
- Spread Vaseline or lard over the area before applying plaster to get rid of the irritation.
- Then apply this mustard plaster over the affected kidney area and remove it after 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the area and repeat it as needed to get rid of the problem.
Note: If you feel any discomfort or irritating or skin gets blisters then immediately rinse off the applied plaster.
Tips and Precautions:
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and kidney stones from your kidneys. Drink more water as the first thing in the morning for preventing kidney stones or infection.
- Tomatoes are effective in treating kidney pain by clearing the infection or stones in the kidneys. Drink tomato juice before eating food and then drink 1 glass of water immediately to flush out the infection or stones.
- Consume watery fruits and vegetables like pomegranate, watermelon, cucumber, apples, berries, etc. to flush out the toxins and enhance the functioning of your kidneys.
- Consume more of probiotic foods and kidney beans, less meat, avoid carbonated soft drinks, fast or processed foods, intake more of fiber foods, etc. in your diet.
- Do some regular exercises to get control over stress and to enhance proper functioning of your organs.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol and stop using contraceptive pills or condoms and diaphragms to prevent these kidney problems.
- Never ever stop or hold yourself from passing the urine, as it causes many problems to your urinary tract and kidneys. Also, be sure to urinate in clean and hygienic places to avoid getting any infections.
- Place a cloth soaked in warm castor oil or warm Epsom salt over kidneys and keep it warm for 30 – 45 minutes and reapply it whenever you suffer from pain.
- Get plenty of rest but be sure not to lying on your side as it aggravates the kidney pain.
Try these natural remedies to cure your kidney pain. Do you know any other successful remedies for kidney pain? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply