Hair fall and baldness are most common hair related beauty problems in the current scenario. Everyone desires to have a head full of healthy, voluminous and lustrous hair to enhance their beauty and personality.
It has become like a farfetched dream to increase the hair volume due to various reasons like environmental pollutions, unhealthy diet, and improper eating habits, stress, hormonal imbalance, usage of wrong or harsh chemical based hair care products, excessive usage of hair blowers or hair styling products, allergies, age, heredity, etc.
Most of us, (including me) are struggling to keep the hair on the head rather than on the hairbrush while combing the hair. However, there are many hair care products available in the market but they work externally and gives temporary relief from the problem.
But to get permanent and long-lasting relief, you have to concentrate on your diet and eating habits along with lifestyle habits. Here, in this article, we will provide you some amazing home remedies to increase your hair volume and to boost hair growth naturally.
All these natural remedies will help you in getting right diet, caring your hair and scalp along with managing your stress levels. Read on to know how to increase the hair volume and boost the hair naturally.
Home Remedies to Increase Hair Volume and Boost Hair Growth:
Have a look at these effective home remedies that help you in getting the volume to the hair by boosting the growth of new hairs on the scalp.
Remedy – 1: (Indian Gooseberry)
Indian gooseberry (or amla) is a packed with antibacterial, exfoliating, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to clear the scalp and enhance the growth of new hair follicles to make you enjoy with long cascading hair.
Simply, use it in the form of paste or oil on the hair will help you in grabbing thick and voluminous shiny hair. Here are a few ways of using Indian gooseberry (or amla) to increase the hair volume.
Method – 1: (Gooseberry Oil)
- Put 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder in a bowl.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to this powder and stir well.
- Heat the mixture slightly and strain it
- Now apply this amla infused oil on the roots and lengths of your hair (preferably at night before bedtime).
- Massage gently for a few minutes and leave it for overnight.
- In the next morning, rinse your hair with lukewarm water and dry your hair.
- For best results, repeat this process for once or twice a week regularly.
Method – 2: (Amla Paste)
- Pour 1 cup each of Indian gooseberry and warm water in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and keep the mix aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Apply this paste on your hair and scalp thoroughly.
- Finally, rinse your hair with warm water without shampooing.
- Continue applying this paste for thrice a week regularly till you enjoy a healthy voluminous shiny hair.
Remedy – 2: (Onion Juice)
The rich content of sulphur in onion will help in the collagen production and thereby enhance the hair quality. This will stimulate the proper blood circulation and also has an antioxidant enzyme called catalase that helps a lot in strengthening and improving the hair strands elasticity and thus prevent the hair breakage.
Here are a few ways of using onion juice for hair growth.
Method – 1: (Onion Juice with Yogurt and Coconut Oil)
- Add enough quantities of freshly squeezed onion juice, melted coconut oil, and yogurt in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply this on the hair from top to ends.
- Leave it for a few minutes to rinse off with water and mild shampoo.
- Do the same process for twice a week regularly to get effective results.
Method – 2: (Onion Juice with Honey)
- Combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey and a few drops of essential oil in 1/4 cup of fresh onion juice.
- Stir well and spread this mix on all over the hair and scalp by concentrating more on the bald patches.
- Massage for a couple of minutes and wash your hair with lukewarm water and mild shampoo after 20 – 30 minutes.
- Regular application of this process for 2 – 3 times a week will help you in giving relief from baldness.
Remedy – 3: (Green Tea)
Drinking green tea will provide various health benefits, which is well known by everyone but do you know that green tea aids in healthy hair growth? Yes, it contains antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in growing your hair healthy.
- Prepare a green tea by steep a green tea bag (or 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves) in 1 cup of hot water for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Leave the tea till it reaches lukewarm and then use this tea water to rinse your dry hair.
- Repeat it regularly for once a week until you get rid of the problem.
Remedy – 4: (Warm Oil Massage)
Massaging your scalp will definitely help you in increasing the blood circulation and thereby aids in healthy roots to prevent hair loss. The best oils for this hair massage are coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil or any essential oils with some carrier oils.
- Take enough warm oil and apply it on the scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Massage the hair and scalp in circular motions for a few minutes.
- After that, wrap your hair in a warm towel to provide the conditioning effect to your hair.
- Leave it for a few minutes to overnight.
- Rinse off your hair with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the same process regularly to control the hair fall and prevent baldness.
Remedy – 5: (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera moisturizes and nourishes your hair and thereby helps to increase your hair volume. It has all essential nutrients and enzymes that help you in getting thick and lustrous hair.
Here are a few ways of using aloe vera for hair growth.
Method – 1: (Aloe Vera)
- Extract aloe vera gel freshly from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply this gel all over the hair and scalp by concentrating more on the bald patches of the hair.
- Let it sit for 2 – 3 hours or overnight and rinse off with water.
- Repeat the same process for once or twice a week regularly to control the hair fall and to enjoy shiny soft hair.
Method – 2: (Aloe Vera with Coconut Milk)
- Mix 2 teaspoons of coconut milk in some fresh aloe vera gel and stir well.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes.
- After that, rinse your hair with warm water and shampoo.
- Continue doing the same process for once or twice a week regularly.
Method – 3: (Aloe Vera with Green Tea)
The antioxidants in green tea and vitamin E in aloe vera will help to boost up the new hair growth. Here is a simple pack that helps to improve your hair volume and keeps your hair soft and manageable.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water and add 2 – 3 spoons of green tea leaves in this water.
- Allow it to soak for 4 – 5 minutes and strain the leaves to collect the concoction.
- Then blend some aloe vera pulp with this tea leaf concoction to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the scalp and hair and rinse off with water after an hour.
- Avoid using a shampoo or cleanser, as you can simply rinse off with water.
- Repeat the same process regularly until you get relief from the problem.
Note: Also, consume 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice in the morning on an empty stomach every day to grab a healthy hair growth.
Remedy – 6: (Eggs)
Eggs are packed with full of proteins and nutrients that help to make your hair strong and thick. So, eggs are widely used as a hair mask to increase the volume of your hair and make it healthy.
Here are a few ways of using eggs for healthy hair growth.
Method – 1: (Eggs)
- Beat 1 – 2 eggs in a bowl and apply this egg mixture on the wet hair.
- Let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
- Continue doing the same process for once or twice a week regularly.
Method – 2: (Egg Yolk)
- Separate an egg yolk and add 1 tablespoon of your hair oil (coconut oil) and 2 tablespoons of water to this egg yolk.
- Stir well and use this mixture to massage on your scalp thoroughly for a few minutes.
- Leave for another few minutes and rinse your hair with water and mild shampoo.
- Follow this process for once a week regularly to increase your hair volume and make it healthy and shiny.
Remedy – 7: (Fenugreek Seeds)
We all know that fenugreek helps a lot in maintaining the hair soft, smooth and healthy. It increases the volume of your hair with its excellent antibacterial, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that help to remove dandruff and nourish your hair with its essential nutrients.
- Soak enough fenugreek seeds in a bowl with water at night before bedtime.
- Let the seeds soak for overnight and in the next morning, grind the seeds by adding a little of this soaking water to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the hair and scalp thoroughly.
- Let it sit for about 1 – 2 hours and then rinse your hair thoroughly with water.
- You will definitely feel the difference of before and after applying of fenugreek seeds on the hair.
- Apply this fenugreek mask for once a week regularly to grab the healthy and voluminous soft hair.
Remedy – 8: (Natural Oils)
There are many natural oils that help you in strengthening your hair and thereby prevent hair fall and baldness. Have a look at some best natural oils that make your hair grow strong healthy and shiny.
Coconut Oil – Warm some coconut oil and apply it on the hair and scalp. Massage gently for a few minutes and rinse off with water after a few hours or overnight. Repeat it regularly.
Vitamin E Oil – Extract vitamin E oil from the capsules and massage the oil on the scalp. Leave for overnight and rinse off with warm water and mild shampoo to get soft, smooth and healthy hair.
Rosemary Oil – Combine 1 teaspoon of rosemary oil in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Stir well and apply it on the scalp and hair. Rinse off in the next morning or use rosemary oil-based hair products.
Argan Oil – Apply enough argan oil on the scalp till hair ends and massage gently for a few minutes. Rinse off with water after an hour or leave overnight. Do it regularly.
Sage Oil – Mix 1 teaspoon of sage oil in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or olive oil) and apply it to the scalp and hair. Leave for overnight and rinse off in the next morning.
Lavender Oil (or) Jojoba Oil (or) Flaxseed Oil – Mix 1 teaspoon of any of this oil in 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or coconut oil) and use it to massage on all over the scalp and hair. Leave for overnight and rinse with water and shampoo in the next morning.
Olive Oil – Mix some raw honey in extra virgin olive oil and apply it on the hair. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes to rinse off with water. Dry the hair and repeat the same process to get a healthy hair.
Castor Oil – Combine equal quantities of castor oil and coconut oil in a bowl. Slightly heat the oil and apply it on the scalp and hair by massaging in circular motions. Cover the hair with a warm towel and rinse off after an hour with shampoo. Do it once a week to get thick and lustrous hair.
Garlic Oil – Prepare this oil by simply heating the 2 – 3 garlic cloves in 1 cup of coconut oil for a few minutes till the cloves turn brown. Strain the oil and apply it on the hair. Rinse off after 2 hours to get rid of these hair problems.
Also, Read More about How these Natural Oils helps to improve Hair Volume.
Tips and Precautions:
- The antioxidant and antibacterial properties of cumin seeds will help to enhance volume and length to your hair. So, simply soak a few cumin seeds in olive oil for overnight and apply this oil on the hair in the next morning. Rinse off with warm water after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Always remember to keep your hair and scalp clean by rinsing the hair for 2 – 3 times a week to get rid of hair loss.
- Maintaining a balanced diet will definitely help you in increasing the hair volume and thereby keep your hair look healthy and lustrous. So, consume a healthy diet which is enriched with essential vitamins (A, B, C & E) and minerals (iron, zinc, sulphur, potassium, and copper) that help to increase the hair volume naturally.
- Drinking ample amounts of water and other hydrating drinks (like herbal teas, soups, watery fruits, and vegetables) will help to flush out the toxins and to stay hydrated.
- Using a good conditioner will keep your hair smooth and shiny. So, always apply a hair conditioner after shampooing your hair to make it untangle and shine naturally. But make sure to apply the conditioner 1- 2 inches away from the scalp.
- Avoiding harmful chemicals, unnecessary hair products and procedures will definitely help you to notice less hair on the brush why because these chemical products will weaken the hair roots and makes it fragile and damaged.
- You can also try other natural remedies like applying potato juice, avocado paste, hibiscus oil (hibiscus paste in sesame oil), henna paste, etc. on the hair and scalp and rinsing off after a few minutes will help you in increasing volume to your hair and make it look shiny and healthy.
- Other than using chemical based shampoos, why don’t you try some natural shampoos like shikakai or reetha to use as a shampoo? Or mix some natural ingredients in your shampoo to prevent the effect of chemicals on the hair.
- Avoid over usage of hair styling tools or hair blowers, as they dry out your hair and scalp and thereby weakens the hair follicles to fall out easily.
- Reduce your stress levels by performing yoga, meditation, and deep breathing exercises to make you strong and healthy.
- If you’re still suffering from these hair problems then consult your doctor for proper diagnoses and thereby to clear the root cause.
Try all these natural ways and consume a healthy diet. Do you know any other natural ways to get rid of hair fall and baldness? Then share your experience with us in the below comments box.