Are you suffering from frequent headaches or fatigue or numbness along with cold hands and feet? Then it might be due to poor blood circulation.
We all know that blood is essential for proper working of whole body parts, as it transfers nutrients, oxygen, minerals and other required things to all over the body for its functioning.
The poor blood circulation will definitely affect the entire body (including your heart, brain, kidneys, limbs and liver) which in turn results in various health problems.
People with poor blood circulation will experience certain symptoms like tingling sensation, headaches, irregular heartbeat, fatigue, cold hands and feet, numbness in certain body parts, dizziness, hair loss, edema, muscle cramps, dry skin, etc.
Sedentary lifestyle, pregnancy, stress, obesity, smoking, excessive drinking, sitting long hours, high cholesterol, nerve disorders, blocked blood vessels, anemia, high blood pressure, diabetes, poor diet, food allergies, etc. are some triggers of improper blood circulation.
Don’t panic, you can improve your blood flow with some simple home remedies, healthy diet and lifestyle changes.
Home Remedies to Improve your Blood Circulation:
Here are the best natural home remedies used to get the proper circulation of blood to all body parts and make you fit healthy.
Turmeric is a golden spice that has an active ingredient like curcumin which helps to prevent blood platelets from forming clots and plaque buildup in the arteries.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and some honey to 1 glass of warm milk.
- Stir well and drink it for once or twice daily.
- Or include turmeric in your daily cooking (or) consult your doctor to know about turmeric supplements.
Capsaicin in cayenne pepper helps to stimulate the proper blood flow throughout the body. It is effective in strengthening the arteries and capillaries which in turn reduces the headaches, irregular heartbeat, cold feet and pains.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses, 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder in 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and drink it for twice daily.
- Or include cayenne pepper in your daily cooking (or) consult your doctor for its supplements.
- Also, remember pregnant or breastfeeding women should not consume cayenne pepper.
Coconut oil helps a lot in improving the blood circulation with its healthy fats and medium chain fatty acids that help to get rid of arteries inflammation and aids in the proper circulation of blood.
- Consume 2 – 3 tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil daily.
- Also, include it in your daily diet.
- Or massage your body with warm coconut oil to get rid of poor blood circulation.
Green tea has rich content of antioxidants that relax your arteries and improve the blood circulation. It also widens the blood vessels and increases its flow to all body parts.
Place a green tea bag in 1 cup of hot water and steep it for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bag and press it to squeeze out the excess tea.
- Then add honey to it and drink it.
- Drink it for 2 – 3 times daily for grabbing many health benefits including proper blood circulation.
Ginger has certain compounds called gingerols and zingerone that warm up the body which in turn result in proper blood circulation.
- Drink ginger tea for 2 – 3 times daily.
- Or chew fresh ginger slices daily (or) include fresh or dry ginger in your daily cooking.
- Also, consult your doctor for ginger supplements for improving your blood flow.
Garlic helps to balance your blood pressure levels, prevents aggregation of blood platelet and thus promotes proper blood circulation.
- Consume 2 – 3 raw garlic cloves daily on an empty stomach.
- Include garlic in your daily cooking (or) consult your doctor for its supplements.
Tips and Precautions:
- Exercises like walking, swimming, trekking, jogging and other similar activities help to promote proper blood circulation. But remember that not to over – exert yourself with exercise when you have poor circulation.
- Regular massage will help to move the blood through the congested areas. Slightly warm up some natural oils and massage your hands, legs, ankles and other body parts with this oil using gentle strokes. After that, take your bath.
- Hydrotherapy helps to dilate the blood vessels and thus promotes blood flow. So, enjoy a hot or steam bath or whirlpool bath or sauna for few times a week.
- Consuming dark chocolates also helps to improve blood flow by affecting the bio-chemicals that prompt the arteries to widen. But remember that the dark chocolates should have at least 70% of a cocoa content.
- Include dark leafy greens, foods rich in vitamins C and K, celery, cucumber, fiber-rich foods, onions, olives (or olive oil), nuts (almonds and walnuts), healthy plant oils, etc. in your diet to promote proper blood flow.
- Enjoy some seeds like pumpkin, chia, flaxseed, pine, etc. which are high in fiber, nutrients and proteins.
- Always stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and healthy fruit juices regularly.
- Avoid consuming foods that are rich in saturated fats, salt, processed and oily foods. Reduce your caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Quit smoking and also, never ever sit or stand in the same position for a longer time (change your posture) for proper blood flow.
- Consult your doctor if you didn’t find any relief from this problem, as it results in any health problems.
- Go for acupressure, acupuncture and dry skin brushing which facilitates for smooth circulation.
Follow these amazing remedies to get relief from poor blood circulation. Don’t forget to share your experience with us.