Raw honey is an amazing ingredient that widely used to treat many health and beauty problems. It exhibits several properties like antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties.
It has natural hydrating and moisturizing properties. It also contains rich content of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C along with zinc and iron that helps to protect the skin from many problems like dryness, burns, rashes, attack of free radicals, acne, etc.
Honey treats any skin care ailments ranging from acne to eczema and also suitable for the people of all skin types. So, here we covered 3 best honey face masks for treating dry skin, dark spots and wrinkles.
Face Mask – 1: (For Dry Skin)
The essential fats in avocado and lactic acid in yogurt will deeply moisturize the skin. This combination provides essential nutrition like vitamins (A, B, D, E) and minerals (calcium, copper, manganese, zinc and magnesium) to the skin.
- This mask refines the pores and moisturizes your skin to make it smooth.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of mashed avocado, plain yogurt and raw honey in a bowl.
- Stir well till you get a smooth paste.
- Apply it all over the face and leave it for 20 – 30 minutes.
- After that, rinse off with water and dry your skin.
- If you’re having too much of dry skin, then apply moisturizer to your face.
- Repeat this gentle mask regularly to get rid of dry skin.
- Or else, mix 1 tablespoon of honey in 1 ripe mashed avocado. Apply it on the face and rinse off with water.
- Or mix 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil in 2 tablespoons of raw honey. Spread it on the face and massage gently for few minutes. Rinse it after 15 minutes.
Mask – 2: (For Dark Spots and Scars)
Lemon exfoliates the skin to dead cells, oil and other impurities and also lightens your skin to fade dark spots and scars. Honey heals the damaged skin and minimizes the scars with its essential nutrients and natural moisturizing property.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 2 teaspoons of raw honey.
- Apply it on the face and rinse off after 20 – 30 minutes.
- Continue applying these masks regularly to get relief from dark spots and scars on the skin.
Mask – 3: (For Wrinkles)
Honey hydrates the skin and locks the moisture level which tightens the skin to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. Oatmeal will exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells. This combination is used to enhance the collagen production and prevent wrinkles.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of oatmeal and honey in a bowl.
- Spread it on the face and massage gently for few minutes.
- Let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat the mask regularly to re-hydrate the face and reduce wrinkles.
Click here to know about Honey for Acne Treatment.
Tips and Precautions:
- For best results, rinse your face with mild soap and warm water and also steam your face before applying these masks to open up your skin pores.
- Honey might cause some allergic reaction on your skin. So, do skin patch test before using honey regularly to know whether it causing any reaction on the skin.
- Always use raw, organic honey rather than using normal honey to grab maximum benefits.
- Regular application of honey on the face will help you to get rid of many skin problems and glows your skin naturally.
- Intake of honey will help to strengthen your immune system and prevent the problem from inside out.
Try these masks regularly. Do you know other honey face masks for any skin problem? Then share it with us.