Think if you’re in an important party or meeting or in date and if you’re makeup fades or runs or smudges after a few hours then it is a waste of applying makeup on your face.
This situation makes you feel embarrassed as you unable to apply your makeup again or carry that makeup kit with you all the time.
So, if you want your makeup lasts longer for the whole day or night, then you have to use a makeup finishing or setting spray directly on the face after you apply the makeup.
Though there are many cosmetic finishing sprays available in the market for keeping your makeup long lasts, they are costly and contains some harsh chemicals that cause skin dryness, irritation to your eyes and other skin problems.
So, instead of choosing a cosmetic finishing spray, try some natural DIY makeup setting spray for your long-lasting makeup finish.
Here we are going to know about 4 DIY homemade natural makeup setting sprays. Let’s get started.
Spray – 1: (Glycerin Spray)
Glycerin is a best natural hydrating agent that seals the moisture and thereby applied makeup products. Also, it is a most commonly used ingredient in your makeup setting.
- Add 1 part of glycerin with 3 parts of distilled water in an empty spray bottle.
- Shake well till both are mixed thoroughly.
- Spray this mix lightly on your face right after you’ve applied the makeup.
- Store the remaining mix in the refrigerator and use it regularly, as cool mist will be refreshing on your skin.
- Be sure to shake it well before every use to get long lasting makeup.
- Rose water acts as natural skin toner which you can use it for setting your makeup. Simply mix 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin in 1/2 cup of rose water (fresh and pure). Stir well and pour into a spray bottle. Spritz over the face when you’re done with makeup.
- Also, mix 4 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin, 2 teaspoons of witch hazel and 3 oz of rose water in 4 oz of a spray bottle. Stir well and use it as your makeup setting spray.
- Or Add few drops of tea tree oil to this above mix, especially if you’re suffering from acne breakouts.
Spray – 2: (Aloe Vera with Vitamin E Oil)
Aloe vera is the best choice for the people with dry or sensitive skin, as it holds the moisture and acts as soothing. Vitamin E oil helps to prevent the attack of free radicals and restores the lost moisture.
Also, this spray protects the skin from the makeup effect along with providing long lasting makeup.
- Add 1 part of fresh aloe vera gel to 3 parts of water.
- Pour this mix into an empty spray bottle and shake it well.
- Then fill the rest of your spray bottle with warm water along with few drops of vitamin E oil and 2 drops of lavender oil (for fragrance).
- Shake well and use it as your refreshing makeup setting spray.
- Spray it regularly for long lasting makeup finish.
Note: Or if you’ve too dry skin then add few drops of argan oil to this spray.
Spray – 3: (Witch Hazel)
Witch hazel (alcohol-free) acts as a good astringent and works as both makeup remover and sealing makeup look.
- Mix 1 part of witch hazel to 3 tablespoons of water (or rosewater) in a bowl.
- Pour this mix into a spray bottle and shake it well.
- Spray it on your face after completing your makeup.
- Refrigerate the remaining mix and use it regularly for a long lasting makeup.
Note: Or mix 1 tablespoon each of fresh aloe vera gel and witch hazel in a jar. Then add 5 drops of lavender oil and 2 ½ tablespoons of purified water. Pour in a spray bottle and shake well. Mist your face with 1 – 2 pumps of this makeup setting spray.
Spray – 4: (Green Tea)
Green tea exhibits antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also unclogs your skin pores and set your makeup for the whole day.
- First of all, prepare 1 cup of green tea (by steeping an organic green tea in hot water for 15 – 20 minutes).
- Remove the tea bag and allow the mix to get cool down completely.
- Then add 3 – 5 drops of vitamin E oil and stir well.
- Transfer this mix into a spray bottle and spritz it over the face after applying your makeup.
- Continue spraying this mix regularly after completing your makeup to keep it smudge free.
Tips and Precautions:
- To make your makeup lasts longer, you have to apply foundation or primer first and then apply your makeup.
- For best results, use a little of 2 oz. fine mist spray bottles rather than large one, as the water gets spoiled if stored for longer time. So, prefer small amounts and make a fresh batch regularly.
- Also, use vegetable glycerin, if you don’t have normal one for keeping your make lasts longer.
- Never ever hold the spray bottle too close to the face. You have to spray lightly on the face from an arm’s length away, or else your face will become wet and thus damages your makeup settings.
- Vegetable glycerin (or glycerin) can be hypo – allergenic to some people. So, do a skin patch test before applying to know whether it is allergic to you or not.
- Always remember that let your face air dries completely after spraying the makeup finishing spray. Avoid over spraying on the skin and you have to spray lightly on your face.
- These homemade finishing sprays are preservative – free (which is a good thing for skin) which has a short life but adding vitamin E oil can increase its shelf life.
Have you tried these natural makeup-setting sprays and which one you liked most? Let us know by commenting below.
Leave a Reply