Hair will enhance our beauty and health but do you know that losing more than 100 strands of hair daily will keep you at a risk of hair loss? If they left untreated, then it will result in baldness or bald spots.
The major reasons for hair fall are environmental effects, stress, aging, nutritional deficiencies, genetics, smoking, hormonal imbalance, scalp infections, certain medications or health problems, PCOS, improper hair care, usage of chemically filled hair products, anemia, etc.
Are you one among those suffering from hair fall? Then stop worrying, as Mother Nature has given so many natural remedies to treat the hair problems (hair loss).
Here in this article, we are going to know about few natural home remedies that work well in enhancing healthy hair growth.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss:
Discover the best natural remedies that are widely used to treat hair loss and to enhance your hair for healthy hair growth. Follow these remedies along with the proper hair care and healthy diet to get faster relief from hair loss.
Method – 1: (Hot Oil Massage)
Massaging your scalp and hair with proper hair oil will help to increase the blood circulation to your hair follicles, condition them and thus strengthens your hair roots. It also helps to reduce the stress and promotes relaxation.
- Warm oil will help to penetrate deep into the scalp and the hair that in turn keeps them well moisturized.
- Massage your scalp and hair with slight warm hair oil (coconut oil, castor oil, amla oil, olive oil, almond oil, emu oil, wheat germ oil, argan oil or others).
- Massage by applying gentle pressure using your fingertips at night before bedtime.
- Leave it on for overnight and rinse off in the next morning.
- Repeat the same process for at least once a week.
Method – 2: (Indian Gooseberry)
Indian gooseberry (or Amla) has a rich source of vitamin C, antimicrobial, and antioxidants that help to maintain a healthy scalp and thereby hair growth.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of amla pulp and fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply it on your scalp.
- Massage gently to penetrate thoroughly into the scalp.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave it for overnight.
- Shampoo your hair in the next morning and repeat it regularly to get rid of hair fall.
Method – 3: (Onion Juice)
High sulfur content in onion juice will improve proper blood circulation to your hair follicles, regenerate the follicles and reduce irritations (if any) on the scalp. It has an antibacterial property that prevents parasites and germs and thus enhances proper hair growth.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of fresh onion juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply this mix on the scalp by massaging it gently.
- Let it sit for at least 30 – 50 minutes and rinse off your hair with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Do the same process for 2 – 3 times a week till your hair stops losing and starts growing.
Note: Or simply apply fresh onion juice directly on the scalp and rinse off with shampoo after 30 – 45 minutes.
Method – 4: (Fenugreek Seeds)
Fenugreek seeds have nicotinic acid and proteins which are essential to strengthen your hair shafts and thus promote its growth. It also has hormone antecedents that rebuild the hair follicles and enhance the healthy hair growth.
- Soak 1 cup of fenugreek seeds in enough water for overnight.
- Grind them to a paste in the next morning and apply this paste on the scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Wait for 40 – 60 minutes by covering your hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse off with water and repeat it daily for a month to notice positive results.
Method- 5: (Hibiscus Flower)
Chinese hibiscus flower has antimicrobial properties that prevent dandruff and other infection on the scalp. It also eliminates toxins, impurities and scalp build to get rid of hair loss.
- Mix 10 hibiscus flowers in 2 cups of coconut oil and heat the oil till charred.
- Then strain the oil and apply it on the hair at night before bedtime.
- Rinse off in the morning and repeat the same regularly for few times a week to encourage the hair growth.
Note: Use hibiscus tea as your hair rinse to prevent hair problems.
Tips and Precautions:
- Apply aloe vera gel or juice on the scalp and rinse off with lukewarm water after few hours. Aloe vera has nourishing enzymes, balances pH levels to relieve your itching, redness, and inflammation and thus promotes proper hair growth. Also, consume 1 tablespoon of aloe juice daily on an empty stomach.
- Applying a licorice mix (prepared by 1 tablespoon of ground licorice root and 1/4 teaspoon of saffron in 1 cup of milk) on the bald patches at night and rinse off in the next morning. Also, drink licorice tea for 2 – 3 times daily.
- Also, applying coconut fresh coconut milk, flaxseed oil, henna mixed beetroot leaves paste, egg white mixed with olive oil, garlic oil, potato juice, grape seed oil, safflower oil, etc. on the scalp and hair will help to treat hair loss. Rinse off after few minutes to hours.
- Consume foods that are rich in omega – 3 fatty acids, zinc, proteins, iron, vitamins (A, B & C), etc. in your daily diet to get relief from hair fall and to enjoy healthy hair growth.
- Stress, anxiety, and depression will cause hair loss. So, manage your stress levels by doing yoga, meditation, deep breathing, regular exercises, etc.
- Avoid using tight and low-quality hair bands, elastics, and other hair products on your hair, as they result in breakage and thereby hair loss.
- Never ever brush your wet hair. Also, use wide toothed combs and brushes which have soft bristles for combing your hair.
- Avoid constant blows to your hair and also the usage of harsh chemical based hair styling products like hot brushes, hair straighteners, etc on your hair.
- Shampoo your hair regularly and use some rinses like apple cider vinegar rinse, green tea rinse, etc. to promote its growth.
Try these remedies along with some hair care to get rid of hair loss. Do you know any other methods for treating hair loss? Then share it with us in the comments box.