Do you look short than your friends? Are you a person who wants to know how to grow taller in a natural way? Height (especially in teenagers) will play a great role and makes the person feel confident.
Do you know that growing taller will depends mostly on genetics? The DNA that passed down by parents will determine 60 – 80 % and the remaining 20 – 40% will be influenced by your living environmental factors like diet, regular exercises, sleeping pattern, etc.
Always remember that once your growth plates (areas where the bones grow) have closed then your height will remain same. So, before that, you have to follow the below-mentioned techniques and some exercises that help to fulfill your dreams.
However, there are many height increasing medicines or treatments flooded the market but they won’t give effective results in increasing your height. The only key to increase your height and stay confident in the society is based on three key factors – healthy diet, regular exercise and sound sleep.
In general, the growth plates stop growing in the male at an age of around 20 years and for female, its 15 years. During puberty, both boys and girls will grow their height and weight rapidly but unfortunately, some unable to achieve their optimal height like everyone.
If you’re one among those people suffering from a low height (short) then stop worrying, as you can grow taller by simply boosting the human growth hormone (HGH) during the period of puberty. Wondering, whether it is possible to increase the height during puberty?
Yes, of course, here in this article, we will provide you some best tips and techniques that aim to boost up the human growth hormone naturally and keep you stay confident with your height. But the main thing you have to remember is when the growth plates close then you won’t grow your height naturally at any cost. The growth plates will stop growing naturally at the end of puberty.
How to Grow Taller:
We are not sure that you can grow height after puberty why because the growth hormones slow down and thereby lessen the growth of bones. Have a look at these amazing tips and techniques that help you a lot in increasing your height by boosting the human growth hormones naturally.
Let’s get started…
1. Sound Sleep:
Restless sleep will inhibit the functioning of your growth hormones. In most of the studies and researchers, it is proved that people who sleep for at least 8 hours at night will able to boost their growth. During sleep, the body regenerates the tissues and the brain helps to produce human growth hormones which enhance your height. So, get adequate and restful sleep to get rid of daily tensions (or stress) and to enjoy your height growth and a healthy body.
Here are few tips that help you to grab adequate sound sleep.
- The most important thing to remember is to set your daily sleep schedule why because it helps to manage your time and makes it a healthy habit. So, set your time to go to bed at 9 – 10 pm every day and wake up 6 – 7 am in the morning regularly.
- Try to complete all your works without staying late nights, as it will make you difficulty in falling asleep.
- Always create a comfortable environment like switch off the lights to darken the room, cover the windows with curtains to prevent outside lighting or wear an eye mask to block those lights which makes you difficult to sleep.
- Turn off the TV, computers and other electronic gadgets while going to bed and also keep your phone away from you while going to sleep why because it is harmful to the brain and distract your deep sleep.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated or alcoholic beverages which inhibits your growth and also steals your beautiful sleep time. Instead, drink chamomile tea or a glass of warm milk to enhance your sleep quality.
- Prefer to take a warm bath at night before going to bed will help you to get deep sleep and thereby grow maximum height.
- Also, few people will choose to do yoga or meditation at night to get rid of a stressful day and to get deep sleep.
2. Regular Exercises:
To boost your growth hormone, you have to perform some daily exercises (prefer to do under the instructions of your trainer). If you don’t have any trainer or instructor, cycling and swimming are the best weapons that stimulate your height.
Cycling will help to stretch and lengthen the legs but be sure to increase the height of your cycle seat gradually. Also, increase the height of your cycle handle to prevent slouch your back due to ruined posture. Cycling regularly will help to increase your height naturally and keep your bones strong and healthy.
However, there are different exercises that help you gain maximum growth in your height during puberty like stretching exercises, basketball, jumping rope, swimming, sprinting, etc. that will help to grow taller in a quick natural way.
Here are some best exercises that should try to stimulate your height naturally.
This is one form of stretching exercise in which you have to hang with your arms stretching over the head from a horizontal bar that helps to boost your height. You have to hang from a horizontal bar and hold the position for 10 seconds and repeat the same for several times before relaxing. You can also bring your legs up and down or side twisting and hold the position for few seconds before relaxing.
The Super Stretch:
Here you have to stand upright and try to stretch your arms over the head as far as possible. Try to lean your back slightly while performing this stretch. This super stretch exercise will make you feel that lower spine is stretching. For best results, try to hold the position for about 4 – 7 seconds and repeat it several times daily.
Toe Touching Exercise:
This toe touching exercise will help to improve the posture and thereby make you grow taller. For this, you have to stand upright first and then bend it to touch your toes and hold it for 4 – 7 seconds. This will elongate the spine and helps to warm up before intense exercise.
Although, combining this toe touching exercise and super stretch exercise will give the significant body stretch. So, perform toe touching and super stretch exercises several times daily.
Skipping Rope or Rope Jumping:
At times, this makes a fun game but do you know that it an effective exercise that helps you to grow taller by increasing your height during puberty. The simple technique is that when you’re jumping the body will erect and the back along with spine will be stretched.
This also makes the knees bend constantly while calves get expand vertically. Regular follow up of this rope jumping will help to add bone mass to your lower legs and thereby help you to gain a few inches of height.
Swimming helps to elongate the bones and muscles and thereby helps you to reach the adequate height. Most of the studies and researches, suggest doing swimming for at least 2 hours daily or 4 – 5 times a week on the regular basis to enhance your height growth in a short span.
Sports will also help the children to grow taller quickly. So, play basketball, baseball, badminton, shuttle, tennis, martial arts, cycling, walking, etc. will make you taller.
3. Healthy & Well Balanced Diet:
What you eat will also impact your height and weight. So, you should not ignore the importance of a healthy and well-balanced diet. Avoid consuming junk or oily or fast foods too much, as it restricts your growth. The balanced intake of all essential vitamins and minerals into the body will help to stimulate the production of growth hormones and thereby strengthens your bones and muscles.
Here is the diet chart which you have to follow them to grow a healthy height.
- Vitamin C – vitamin C helps to strengthen your bones and thereby keep the cells and enhance the growth hormones to stimulate the growth of your height. So, consume vitamin C rich foods like berries, lemon, oranges, kale, etc.
- Iron – iron is essential for the body to grow your height and weight properly. Have foods that are high in iron content like liver, red meat, egg yolk, pomegranate, etc.
- Calcium – Calcium is an essential mineral that helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth. So, consume calcium-rich foods like milk and dairy products, green vegetables, fish, etc. to increase your growth faster.
- Vitamin D – D vitamin is essential for human growth, especially in children. So, consume foods like fish, pork, dairy products, mushrooms, eggs, tofu, dairy products, alfalfa, etc. Or simply get adequate sunlight to your body at sunrise and sunset time only or else the harmful UV rays will cause some serious health and skin problems in the longer run.
- Protein – Never skip eating foods that have a rich source of protein why because it will fasten the healing cell repair process and thereby support the growth process by boosting the growth hormone.
- Zinc – Consume more of zinc-enriched foods like peas, chocolates, asparagus, oyster, and eggs to boost the healthy development of growth hormone and thereby you grow taller. Children who are with less height should eat enough zinc why because lack of zinc content will cause stunted growth.
- Also, for best and quick results, you should develop an eating routine like three main meals along with 2 small healthy snacks in between meals. The best eating schedule will definitely enhance your metabolism and thereby promotes healthy height growth.
- Always remember that if you want to grow taller and get confidence with your height then you have to consume other essential nutrients, including carbohydrates why because the lack of any nutrient in your diet will hamper your growth.
- If you’re unable to consume enough vitamins and minerals through diet then you can go for supplements but make sure to consult your doctor first before taking these supplements for proper dosage as per your health condition.
4. Practice Good Posture:
In general, most people form a bad posture while sitting down on a computer or using handheld gadgets but over time, these postures will bend your spinal cord and thereby suppress your upper body and affect your normal height.
So, if you want to grow taller, you have to form a good posture like head aligns with the neck and spine in straight while sitting and standing. Although there are many stretching exercises that help to correct the damage caused by poor postures, the ideal one depends on the abnormal spinal curvature.
Develop and practice good standing and sitting habits in your daily routines. Always keep your head and chin up and shoulder back with the straight position while walking or talking or using a computer or electronic gadgets. Avoid using computers or phones for a longer time and make sure to take frequent breaks to avoid pressure on the neck and spine.
Drinking plenty of water at least 2 liters of water daily to stay hydrated and to grow taller. It helps a lot in improving digestion, boost up the metabolism and increase their growth hormone. But make sure to stay away from sugary drinks & carbonated beverages (soda), as they inhibit the growth hormone and delays your growth.
Other than water, you can also drink herbal teas, fresh water-based fruits, and vegetables, fruit or vegetable juices, soups, smoothies, etc. to flush out the toxins and to grow taller.
6. Avoid Growth Inhibits:
The first thing you should do is to stay away from harmful factors that hamper your growth and development. Such inhibitors include alcohols, drugs, caffeine, smoking, consuming steroids, etc. why because these will close the growth plates, hamper the bone development and won’t make you grow taller.
7. Height Growing Supplements:
There are many growth supplements available in the market that promise to work effectively in growing you taller whether during or after puberty. But remember that these supplements are filled with multivitamins and the combination of multi-nutrients that help to boost the growth hormone and metabolism but they don’t undergo enough researchers and leads to some serious unwanted side effects on the health.
Always make sure that your growth supplements contain 100% natural ingredients and are safe for your health and one such best herbal product is Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng). The best way is to mix 2 tablespoons of ashwagandha in milk and consume it at night before bedtime.
8. Strengthen your Immunity:
The immune system will play an important role in the growth of your height. So, maintain a healthy and strong immune system from not only keeps away from health problems or ailments but also make you grow taller. A healthy and strong immune system will prevent illness or health problems that hamper your growth.
Consume a healthy diet, drink more water and maintain good lifestyle habits along with some regular exercises will boost your immunity. Avoid consuming fast or processed foods and sugars and replace them with low-fat dairy products, proteins, whole grains, green vegetables and fruits (citrus fruits and antioxidant, omega – 3 fatty acids rich foods).
Tips and Precautions:
- If you don’t know what deficiency is causing lack of your height growth then consult your doctor to know the chances to increase your height and achieve maximum growth potential. Also, if you’re suffering from certain health conditions like rickets which will hamper your growth at an early age then consult your doctor for a healthy lifestyle and diet choices to grab maximum growth potential.
- A dress will make you look taller. So, follow these dressing tips that help you to look taller than actually, you are. Wear fit clothes (form-fitting styles), quit flat shoes and wear shoes with short heels or a wedge, wear black color clothes, wear skinny jeans and maintain short hairstyles.
- If you want faster ways to grow your height then consult your doctor to know about leg lengthening surgery or any other surgery along with the precautions which you have to take after this surgery.
Everyone wants to have a healthy height and weight but due to genetics or other environmental factors, they might be some people suffering from problems. Remember after puberty, you can’t grow taller even an inch naturally.
Try these natural ways to grow taller and enjoy your life. Do you know any other successful ways to grow taller? Then share it with us in the below comments box.