Are you drinking green tea regularly? Do you know green tea is applied on the hair or skin to get rid of many beauty problems? Surprising isn’t it!
Green tea is well known for its antioxidants, which is required to maintain healthy hair and skin. It also contains amino acids, enzymes, vitamins (B, C & E), magnesium, potassium, folate, polyphenols and manganese.
You can grab many health benefits by simply drinking green tea daily and to grab beauty benefits, you have to apply this green tea on the hair or skin. Now, we are going to know how to prepare green tea hair products for maintaining a healthy hair.
Green tea application will soothe the scalp and hair to reduce psoriasis, eczema, and other scalp irritations along with clearing dandruff, moisturizing the dry or itchy scalp and finally enhance your hair growth.
Here we are going to know all about DIY hair products using green tea for healthy hair. Let’s get started.
Product – 1: (Hair Rinse)
This hair rinse stimulates the hair growth by preventing dandruff, reducing hair loss and other scalp problems. It makes your hair to grow healthy by protecting it from the damage caused due to pollution and harsh products.
- Place 2 green tea bags in 2 – 3 cups of hot water.
- Let it steep for few minutes and take out the green tea bags.
- Allow the water to cool down for few minutes.
- Use this tea water as a final rinse to your hair (after using shampoo and conditioner).
- Massage it on your scalp for few minutes and rinse off with normal water.
- Repeat the same process regularly to add volume and shine to your hair.
Product – 2: (Hair Spray)
Green tea hair spray will give a solution to many hair problems like hair loss, split ends, dry hair and itchy scalp. It is enriched with a good source of panthenol and other nutrients that stimulate proper hair growth, strengthen your hair tresses and manage your hair split ends.
- Brew 2 cups of green tea normally and pour it into an empty spray bottle.
- Spray this mix onto your hair from roots to tip and massage it gently on your hair.
- Let it sit for about 20 – 30 minutes and rinse off your hair with a regular shampoo.
- Also, you can use any flavored green tea to add a nice fragrance to your hair.
Note: Or mix 1 cup each of aloe vera juice and green along with few drops of essential oil in a bowl. Stir well and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray it on your hair and scalp to promote healthy hair growth.
Product – 3: (Green Tea Dandruff Remover)
This remedy will help to remove dandruff, soothes the dry or irritated scalp, stimulates hair growth and adds shine to your hair.
- Pour 1 cup of water in a pan and boil it.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of green tea leaves, 3 – 4 tablespoons of organic coconut oil and 1 lemon peel in that water.
- Boil it for 2 – 4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Allow the mix to cool down completely.
- Apply this on all over your scalp and hair using a cotton ball.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and leave it on for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Continue doing the same process for 3 – 4 times a month for effective results.
Product – 4: (Green Tea Hair Conditioner)
This hair conditioner moisturizes your scalp and nourishes your hair to make it shiny. Regular usage will help to prevent hair loss and also stimulate healthy hair growth.
- Place 2 green tea bags in 1 cup of hot water (or boil 3 – 4 tablespoons of green tea leaves in 1 cup of water).
- After preparing green tea, add 1 tablespoon each of raw honey and coconut oil to it.
- Stir all these ingredients and apply it on your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Massage for few minutes and let it sit for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off your hair with warm water and shampoo.
- Applying this conditioner regularly will help to get rid of dry scalp, itchy scalp and hair loss.
Product – 5: (Hair Growth Mask)
This hair mask is a combination of egg and green tea which in turn are essential for a healthy hair growth. An egg has proteins and green tea has catechins which in turn contain 5 – alpha – reductase inhibiting properties that block dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to prevent hair loss.
- Whip and egg and mix 2 tablespoons of strong green tea in it.
- Beat it well and apply this mix as your hair mask.
- Be sure that you’re hair has to completed covered with this mask and for this, you can increase the quantities.
- Leave it on for about 30 – 45 minutes and rinse off with shampoo followed by warm water.
- Regular follow – up of this process for twice a week will help you to make your hair stronger and healthier.
Product – 6: (Green Tea Hair Shampoo)
This herbal shampoo will cleanse your hair to remove dust, impurities and excess oil or dead cell buildup on the scalp. It also conditions your hair to soothe psoriasis, eczema and other irritations on the scalp.
- Place 2 green tea bags in 1 cup of hot water and let it steep for 25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down to reach normal room temperature.
- Then mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil and few drops of essential oil in 1 cup each of castile soap and green tea water.
- Stir well and use this mix as a shampoo to your hair.
- Repeat the usage of this herbal shampoo regularly to get relief from hair problems and to enhance healthy hair growth.
Product – 7: (Matcha Green Tea Butter)
This tea butter is loaded with amino acids, moisturizers and proteins which help for hair growth, soothes your scalp, repair your damaged hair and protect it from harmful UV rays or pollution.
- Mix 2 – 3 tablespoons of finely ground matcha tea with enough coconut oil or shea butter till it forms a butter consistency.
- Apply this butter on your scalp and massage it gently to spread all over your scalp.
- Wait for 30 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Dry your hair and style it as usual.
- Repeat it regularly till you get relief from the hair problems.
Try these homemade green tea products at home for a healthy hair growth. Do you know any other DIY green tea hair products? Then share it with us.
Leave a Reply