Are you suffering from blackheads? Do you want to know how to get rid of these blackheads in a natural way? Then scroll down to have a look at what are blackheads and how to clear them.
When the hair follicles get clogged with dead skin cells, dirt, excess sebum, and other impurities then it appears as small black or yellow bumps called blackheads. These are simply pimples that develop in the opening of skin pores, so it is also termed as open comedones. This open skin pores exposed to air, become oxidized and turn to black in color.
It affects the people of all skin types but most commonly for the people with oily skin. We generally see blackheads on the nose, face, chest, back, neck, arms and shoulders. If left untreated then it leads to acne breakouts.
There are many cosmetic products available for removing blackheads like facials, expensive scrubs, nose strips, etc. that makes are painful and costly but the usage of natural one at home will give long lasting results and cost-effective.
Many people believe that apple cider vinegar (ACV) exhibits various health, beauty and, household benefits but do you know that apple cider vinegar is also used for blackheads removal. Blackheads and acne will hide your real beauty and make your complexion muddy and more aged but the usage of apple cider vinegar will clear these blackheads and thus reveals your hidden beauty.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Works as Blackheads Removal?
Yes, it is. Here we are providing you with some effective apple cider vinegar properties that make you believe that it clears the blackheads and make the skin smooth and supple.
- It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that prevent bacteria or microbes which are trapped in the skin pores and thereby cleanses the skin.
- It has acetic and malic acid that helps to break down the tough buildup in your skin and thus removes blackheads.
- It balances the pH levels in the skin which in turn reduces the excess oil and acts as a perfect toner to get rid of blackheads.
- It acts as a natural detoxifier that makes your skin free from dust, free radicals effect and other harmful toxins causing blackheads.
- It has an astringent property that dries out the area by clearing excess oil and dead cells. It also has an anti-inflammatory property that removes blackheads without any pain and swelling.
- It forms a protective layer on the skin to unclog the skin pores and thus help them to breathe properly.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Blackheads Removal:
Here are some best ACV methods that remove blackheads effectively. Let’s get started.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Applying apple cider vinegar directly on the skin will loosen the dirt and dead skin cells to prevent clogged pores and thereby blackheads.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour some organic apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- Dip a clean cotton ball in this vinegar and apply it on the blackheads affected skin areas, especially on nose.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse the area with warm water.
- Dry it and repeat the same process 2 – 3 times daily until you get relief from blackheads.
- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water. Apply it on the blackheads using a cotton ball at night before bed time and rinse the applied areas with water in the morning.
- Alternatively, mix 1/4 part of ACV in 3/4 part of water in a plastic container and shake it well by closing the lid. Apply this mix on all over your clean face as a toner using cotton pads. Dry it completely and apply your regularly used creams or gels or lotions to remove blackheads. Also, use lemon juice in this toner (or astringent) before applying.
Method – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar Mask with Baking Soda)
Baking soda exfoliates the skin to clear dead cells, dirt, and oil to unclog the pores. This method prevents blackheads by simply unclogging the pores and balancing the pH levels of the skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of baking soda and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Be sure that it forms bubbles and stir well to make a fine paste.
- Spread a thick layer of this paste on all over the face by using your fingers.
- Lie down and relax yourself for about 20 – 30 minutes or till the mask dries.
- Rinse it thoroughly with warm water followed with a mild facial cleanser.
- Dry your skin and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat the same process regularly to get relief from blackheads.
- Be sure to avoid the eye area for application and scrub it gently while rinsing your face after application for best results.
- For people with sensitive skin, avoid rubbing this baking soda and vinegar mixture into the skin and rinse the face without scrubbing, as it may result in causing irritation.
Method – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar Toner)
Apple cider vinegar helps to break down the buildup causing blackheads and the mint used in this process will cause a cooling and tightening sensation on the skin. This process helps to clear the buildup along with closing the skin pores to get rid of open comedones.
Steps to be followed…
- Combine 3 tablespoons each of organic apple cider vinegar and crushed fresh mint leaves in a small bottle.
- Put the lid on the bottle and leave it like that for 1 week in a cool and dark place.
- After that, stir & strain it and add 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and rinse your face with water and dry it.
- Now use clean cotton balls to apply this mix as a toner on blackheads affected areas.
- Let it sit for overnight or for several hours and rinse it thoroughly.
- Apply moisturizer and refrigerate the remaining mix for regular usage.
Note: Or simply pour water in an empty spray bottle up to the half level and then add the 1/4th size of the remaining half of the bottle. Pour 1 teaspoon of witch hazel to this bottle and close it to shake it well. Now your facial toner is ready to use. Refrigerate and use it regularly.
Method – 4: (Apple Cider Vinegar Face Pack with Clay)
Clay has an excellent absorbing property that absorbs excess oil, dirt, and impurities from the skin and closes the pores to get rid of blackheads.
Steps to be followed…
- Add enough raw apple cider vinegar in 1 tablespoon of clay.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply this to the face like a mask but concentrate more on blackheads affected skin areas.
- Leave it on for about 15 – 20 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Rinse your face with warm water and dry it thoroughly.
- Continue doing the same process regularly to remove blackheads from the skin.
Method – 5: (Apple Cider Vinegar – Internal Intake)
The intake of ACV will help you in balancing the pH of the skin and thereby prevent the secretion of excess sebum from the skin. Drinking ACV regularly will definitely help you in getting rid of blackheads and acne.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV and 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 glass of lukewarm water.
- Stir well and drink this ACV water to get relief from the blackheads.
- Regular intake of this ACV drink helps a lot in reducing the blackheads and works as a wonder for the people with an oily skin.
Tips and Precautions:
- Avoid applying ACV in and around the eye areas, as it causes a burning sensation and pain. Make sure to rinse immediately if anything happened wrongly.
- Regulate your hormones which in turn prevents the overproduction of oil and clogs the skin pores to get rid of blackheads permanently.
- Never ever pick or pop the blackheads with your fingers or any blackhead removal tools, as it makes the condition worse by adding bacteria or dirt to the pores.
- Be sure to use gentle cleansers and exfoliants for removing blackheads. Avoid scrubbing your face obsessively, as it produces more oil and the problem will get back.
- It’s best to remove your makeup before going to sleep and also steam your face once in a week or two to open up your pores and remove dirt, dead cells and excess oil from it.
- ACV is a drying agent, so it’s best to apply moisturizer after its application on the skin to prevent dryness. Also, remember that the smell of this cider vinegar will disappear after it gets dried completely.
- Always prefer to use raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the mother in it, to get rid of any health or beauty problems including acne or blackheads.
- Apply ACV by leaning over a sink or in the bathtub or a shower why because it tends to fall in chunks while applying on the face.
- Regular follow – up of cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing the skin (especially facial skin) will help you to get rid of acne, blackheads or whiteheads.
Hope you’ll give a trial to apple cider vinegar for blackheads removal. Do you know any other successful apple cider vinegar methods for clearing Blackheads? Then share your experience with us in the below comments box.