The skin is the largest organ of the body, which we have to take proper care on it. So, the first and foremost step is to cleanse it thoroughly, as dust, bacteria, perspiration, dead cells, sebum, outside pollutants, and other impurities collected on the skin and makes it more prone to many diseases.
The impurities will clog the skin pores and thereby results in many skin problems. Most of us prefer to use face wash to clean the skin but the usage of commercial face wash will cause some side effects to your skin due to the harsh chemical products in it.
There are many natural ingredients available at home to cleanse your skin (or face). Do you know that we can prepare face wash at home with natural ingredients and use it regularly? In these days, most people are using organic products and methods to keep them healthy and beautiful.
Castile soap, essential oils, aloe vera gel, herbs, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E oil, etc. are some most commonly used ingredients in making the face wash.
If you’re one among those list of people who prefer to maintain their health and beauty by using natural ways, then here we are providing you some recipes to prepare your face wash and use it regularly.
Let’s get started…
DIY Natural Face Wash Recipes:
Here are some best natural face wash recipes that are meant for every skin type. Try them according to your skin type and use it regularly to enhance your beauty naturally.
Face Wash – 1: (Chamomile Facial Cleanser – All Skin Types)
Chamomile exhibits antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that clear the microbes causing skin problems. It acts as natural skin bleach that lightens the skin’s complexion and also heals certain skin issues like eczema and psoriasis. It accelerates the tissue and cell regeneration, tightens the skin pores and protects the skin from free radicals damage with its amazing antioxidant property.
Steps to be followed…
- Brew 1 cup of strong chamomile tea and keep 1/4 cup aside to cool down completely.
- Mix 1/4 cup of liquid castile soap, 3/4 teaspoon of sweet almond oil (or any natural carrier oil), few drops of vitamin E oil and 8 drops of essential oil in a small bowl.
- Then add cool tea in this bowl and stir all these ingredients.
- Pour this mix into a small squirt bottle and use it as your regular face wash.
- To use this face wash, you have to squirt this mix into your hands and apply it all over the face. Rinse off with water and dry your face to apply moisturizer or toner.
- Regular usage of this chamomile face wash will help you in maintaining healthy skin.
- Replace chamomile tea with rose water or pure aloe vera gel or distilled water. If using scented liquid castile soap then avoid using essential oils in this face wash.
- Also, essential oils as per your skin type – oily skin (strong like tea tree oil, lemongrass or geranium) and dry skin (mild like lavender, rose or sandalwood).
Face Mask – 2: (For Oily or Acne Prone Skin)
Oil will tend to attract a lot of dust, dirt, and pollution and makes your skin suffer from breakouts of acne, pimples, and blackheads. So, the usage of organic cleansers is more suitable for people having oily skin.
Here are some face wash recipes for oily/acne prone skin.
- Apple cider vinegar treats acne with its antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties along with maintaining the proper pH levels of the skin. It controls the secretion of excess sebum to treat oily skin. Mix 5 – 10 drops of tea tree oil and 1/4 cup of cider vinegar in 1/2 cup of organic honey. Stir well and apply it on the face. Wipe off with a moist cotton ball and rinse off your face.
- Blend 2 teaspoons of yogurt and 2 fresh ripe strawberries until smooth and apply this mix on the face and massage gently. Wash it with cool water after 5 – 7 minutes. Regular usage of this cleanser will remove the excess oil and impurities from the face.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of raw honey in 2 teaspoons of raw milk (or some fresh lemon juice with warm water) and apply it evenly on all over the face. Massage for 2 – 3 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. This cleanser will remove excess oil and dirt from the skin. This is best face wash for either oily or sensitive skin people.
- Clay absorbs all the dirt and excess oil from the skin and makes it refreshed. Mix 2 – 3 crushed aspirin powder, 2 teaspoons of clay in a bowl with some water to make a fine paste. Apply it on the face and rinse off with cold water after 10 minutes. This cleanser helps you in clearing both acne and excess oil.
- Stir 2 teaspoons each of lemon juice and pineapple juice and then add 1 teaspoon of baking soda in it. Mix to make a thick paste and apply it on the face by massaging gently. Wash off after 5 minutes with cool water. This cleanser helps you in clearing the excess oil and make you glow naturally.
Face Wash – 3: (For Dry Skin)
People with dry skin are very much scared to use a chemical face wash, as these commercial face wash will dry their face even more. So, try these natural homemade face wash recipes for dry skin, which not only restore their moisture level but also make their skin glow naturally.
Here are some face wash recipes for dry skin.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of almond oil, 20 drops of lavender essential oil, and 8 oz each of mild castile soap and distilled water in a bowl and stir well. Transfer this mix into a dispenser bottle and use it as your face wash regularly.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of raw honey in 2 teaspoons of curd and mix well. Apply it on the face and massage gently. Rinse off with cold water after 2 – 3 minutes. Dry the face and apply moisturizer to it. If you’re having very dry skin then add some olive oil in this cleanser before using.
- Whip an egg yolk by adding 1 teaspoon of raw honey. Then add 6 – 7 almonds powder in it and stir well. Apply it on the face and massage for few minutes. Wash with lukewarm water after 10 – 15 minutes to reveal the smooth and well-moisturized face.
- Mash 1 small apple (boiled) to make a paste and then add 1 teaspoon each of olive oil, lemon juice, and cream. Stir well and apply this paste on all over the face. Rinse off with warm water after 5 – 7 minutes. This cleanser forms a protective layer on the skin to prevent it from drying.
Face Wash – 4: (For Combinational Skin)
Combinational skin is very problematic skin type with certain specifications. The usage of commercial chemical based face wash will won’t solve their problem. So, here are some natural face wash recipes for combination skin.
- Pour 1 – 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil, few drops of essential oil in 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel. Whisk it well and transfer this into a pump dispenser bottle. Your face wash is ready to use. For those who have oily skin (in more areas), use Castile oil instead of almond oil.
- Gram flour is one best ingredient used for treating combination skin. mix gram flour with enough milk and curd till it forms a paste. Apply it all over the face and massage gently. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of milk and lemon juice in 2 teaspoons of tomato pulp to prepare tomato cleanser. Apply it on the face and wash it with cool water after 10 minutes.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of raw milk and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 5 – 6 teaspoons of chickpea flour to make a paste. Apply it on all over the face and rinse off after 10 minutes.
- Stir 1 ½ tablespoons of honey and fresh lemon juice in 3/4 cup of ground oatmeal till it forms a paste. Cleanse your face with warm water and apply this face wash on all over the face and neck. Massage gently and rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry it.
Face Mask – 5: (DIY Foaming Face Wash – Basic Face Wash)
This face wash is prepared with simple natural ingredients like coconut oil, castile soap, and water, which are suitable for the people of all skin types. Castile soap will act as a base ingredient.
Coconut oil has antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to remove all the dirt and impurities on the skin to make it look young and fresh without making you feel greasy.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil, few drops of essential oil and 1/3 cup of castile soap in 2/3 cup of distilled water.
- Stir well and transfer this mix into a dispenser bottle.
- Close the lid and use it as your face wash regularly to clean the skin and to make it glow naturally.
- Or simply mix 1 – 2 tablespoons of natural oil, 10 drops of essential oil and 1/2 cup of liquid castile soap in a bowl and use it as your face wash.
- If you have oily skin, then replace natural oils with aloe vera gel or honey or oatmeal flour.
- Add few drops of vitamin E oil to this face wash to extend the shelf life of the product.
Face Wash – 6: (Coconut Oil and Honey for Sensitive Skin)
The skin will be delicate and sensitive for some people who are unable to use any mild chemical based products on their skin. For those people, here is an excellent face wash recipe which works well without harming their skin. coconut oil and honey have antimicrobial and skin soothing properties that leave your skin soft and moisturized.
Steps to be followed…
- Place 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small bowl and stir it with a warm spoon till it melts.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to it and stir well.
- Store this in a clean jar with a lid and apply it on your face and neck by using your clean fingers.
- Wait for few minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Repeat the usage of this face wash regularly instead of using commercial face washes to protect your skin.
Tips and Precautions:
- Make sure to check the ingredients before preparing the face wash to know whether they causing any allergies, respiratory problems, dermatitis, reproductive system side effects, etc. on the skin and then start using it regularly.
- You can store this face washes for few weeks, as all these are natural ingredients that extend the shelf life. Also, refrigerate this face wash to extend its shelf life.
- Drink plenty of water and other healthy liquids to stay hydrated and to flush out the toxins from the body and skin.
- Reduce your stress levels, exercise regularly and sleep for 7 – 8 hours daily to get a healthy and fair skin.
- Rinse your face regularly (especially once at night before bedtime) and follow some skin care hygiene to enjoy healthy and beautiful skin.
Try these natural DIY face washes, as per your skin type. Do you know any other successful homemade face wash recipes? Then share it with us in the below comments box.