Thick and well-shaped eyebrows will enhance one’s beauty and confidence but due to over plucking, waxing or threading, most of the people experience thin eyebrows.
Aging, poor or cheap cosmetic products, nutritional deficiencies, certain health issues (like eczema, hypothyroidism or alopecia areata), radiation or chemotherapy are some causes for thin eyebrows.
Are you one in the group of people having thin eyebrows? Then stop worrying and start using some natural remedies to grow your eyebrows thick at home without spending a fortune on cosmetic treatments.
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows:
Here are the best remedies that are widely used to thicken your eyebrows naturally. Let’s get started.
Remedy – 1: (Castor Oil)
Castor oil is enriched with proteins, fatty acids, nutrients and antioxidants that help to nourish the hair follicles and enhance the hair growth. It also resists the microbes that restrict the hair growth of eyebrows and makes them strong and thick.
- Dip a cotton swab in pure castor oil and apply the oil on each eyebrow.
- Massage gently for 2 – 3 minutes with your fingertips to improve blood circulation.
- Let it sit for at least 45 minutes to overnight and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Continue this castor oil application for once daily till you notice thick eyebrows.
- Castor oil is allergic to some people, as it causes irritation, stinging sensation or rashes. So, perform a skin patch test before using castor oil for thick eyebrows. Also, use black castor oil for best and quick results.
- Prepare your eyebrow growth oil by mixing 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil in 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera gel and castor oil. Apply this serum using a clean mascara brush on your eyebrows at night before bedtime. Rinse off in the morning. Repeat the same application 3 times a week to grow your eyebrows.
- Apply a mix of 1/2 tablespoon each of castor oil and coconut milk on your eyebrows using mascara brush.
- Also, use warm coconut oil for thick eyebrows instead of castor oil. Simply dab some coconut oil on the eyebrows at night before bedtime. Rinse with lukewarm water in the morning. Do it once daily.
- You can also apply warm olive oil (or few drops of honey in 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil) on eyebrows and massage gently for few minutes. Wash the eyebrows with warm water after 45 minutes and repeat it once daily.
- Or apply almond oil (or) vitamin E oil (or) jojoba oil (or) petroleum jelly on your eyebrows at night before bedtime and massage gently till the oil absorbed. Rinse off in the morning with lukewarm water.
Remedy – 2: (Egg Yolk)
We all know that hair is made up of keratin protein and an egg has a rich source of protein which is essential for hair growth. Egg yolk has biotin that helps in faster hair growth and thereby thick eyebrows.
- Separate egg yolk from an egg and whisk it till you get a thick consistency.
- Apply the yolk mix on each of your eyebrows by using a cotton ball.
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes and wash the area with cold water.
- Continue doing the same process for once or twice a week to enjoy thick eyebrows.
Remedy – 3: (Onion Juice)
Onion juice contains sulfur that enhances the production of collagen tissues and thereby results in thick eyebrows. It stimulates proper blood circulation and strengthens the hair to prevent thin eyebrows.
- Grind an onion and squeeze it to extract its juice.
- Apply this juice on your eyebrows and massage it gently for 5 minutes.
- Let it dry for few minutes and wash with cold water.
- Do the same process for once daily till you satisfied with the results.
Note: Or you can use coconut milk instead of onion juice. Simply apply coconut milk on your eyebrows with a cotton ball and massage gently. Let it sit for few minutes and rinse off with water.
Remedy – 4: (Fenugreek Seeds)
Fenugreek seeds are enriched with proteins, lecithin and nicotinic acid which help to promote healthy hair growth along with rebuilding your hair follicles.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in enough water and soak it for at least 5 hours.
- After that, grind the seeds to make a thick paste and add some almond or coconut oil to it.
- Stir well and apply it on the eyebrows at night before bedtime.
- Leave it on for overnight and rinse off in the morning with warm water.
- Do the same for 2 – 3 times daily until you get satisfied results.
Remedy – 5: (Lemon)
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, folic acid, citric acid and other nutrients that promote the hair growth of your eyebrows. It also removes excess oil which clogs hair follicles and prevents its growth.
- Place the sliced peels of a lemon in 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Mix well and keep it aside for 15 days in a cool and dry place.
- After that, apply this mix on the eyebrows using a cotton ball at night before bedtime.
- Rinse off in the next morning and repeat it 3 – 4 times daily to enhance your eyebrows.
- Or simply rub a freshly sliced lemon over the eyebrows and rinse off with warm water after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Direct application of lemon may cause some stinging sensation. So, dilute lemon juice with few drops of water and apply it.
- Avoid exposing the eyebrows to direct sunlight for at least 2 hours after using lemon, as it lightens the hair color and causes irritation due to its bleaching property.
Remedy – 6: (Aloe Vera)
The aloenin compound in aloe vera promotes healthy hair growth. It rejuvenates the hair, absorbs excess sebum, nourishes the hair follicles and makes the eyebrows grow faster and thicker.
- Extract aloe vera gel freshly from an aloe leaf and apply it on your eyebrows.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
- Repeat it once or twice daily for best and quicker results.
- Or prepare a paste by mixing little honey or coconut oil or vitamin E oil in 1/2 teaspoon of aloe gel and apply it on the eyebrows. Rinse off with water after 30 minutes. Do it once daily.
- Or simply mix 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera gel and almond oil and apply it on your eyebrows with the help of mascara brush. Rinse off after few minutes. Repeat it 2 – 3 times a week regularly.
Tips and Precautions:
- Milk has all essential nutrients and proteins that nourish the hair and thickens your eyebrows. Dip a cotton ball in a bowl of whole milk and dab it gently on your eyebrows. Dry it and rinse with warm water.
- Include plenty of water and foods that are rich in vitamins (A, C & E), proteins, omega – 3 fatty acids, iron, etc. which helps for healthy hair growth.
- Have some regular massage of the hair follicles using circular movements and exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells and thereby to increase blood circulation.
- It’s better to avoid plucking, tweezing or waxing the brows too frequently to regrow your eyebrows. Also, rinse the face (especially eyes) to remove makeup on the eyes.
- Avoid rubbing or scratching the eyebrows too hard and also don’t press the eyebrows too hard while applying an eyebrow pencil.
- Exfoliate the eyebrow area gently using a soft brush for a couple of minutes to promote hair growth. It also removes dead skin and other impurities which restrict the hair growth. It helps to prevent thin and sparse eyebrows.
- Sleep tight for at least 6 hours daily and reduce your stress levels to enhance the growth of your eyebrows.
Try these natural remedies to thicken your eyebrows. Do you know any other successful remedies for thickening eyebrows? Then share it with us in the below comments box.