We all know that people with oily skin are prone to many skin problems like acne, large pores, blackheads, and others. It is also difficult to take care of oily skin and protect it from infection.
It is caused due to overactive sebaceous (oil) glands that produce natural oil to keep the skin well moisturized. Hormonal changes, pregnancy, consumption of birth control pills, etc. may also result in oily skin.
Don’t worry, we get control oily skin with some natural remedies and the best one among them is Egg white. In this article, you will know all about why and how egg white for oily skin. Let’s get started.
Does Egg White Useful for Oily Skin?
- Egg whites are great in dealing with oily skin due to its amazing properties which are mentioned below.
- It has a natural astringent property that helps to shrink and tighten up your large skin pores and thereby prevents the release of excess sebum.
- It effectively draws out all the impurities, excess sebum and dead cells from the deep skin pores and makes you feel fresh with oil – free skin.
- It contains proteins that repair the tissue and enhance its growth which in turn enhance the skin’s elasticity and thus makes your look young with wrinkle free skin
- It has essential nutrients (potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, etc.) that cleanse and nourish the skin to keep it fresh.
- Regular usage of egg white on oily skin will not only make then clean and oil free but also prevent breakouts like acne, blackheads and other skin problems.
How to Treat Oily Skin using Egg White?
Here are some best methods of using egg white for oily skin. All you need is to follow them regularly without any interruption to enjoy oil – free skin.
Method – 1: (Egg White with Lemon Juice)
Citric acid and vitamin C content in lemon juice work as an astringent which shrinks the skin pores and thus reduces the excess production of sebum. Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) in lemon exfoliate the skin and lighten up the skin tone.
- Separate an egg white from an egg and place the white in a bowl.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to egg white.
- Whisk well till it turns frothy.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry it.
- Then apply this egg white mix on all over your face (avoid eye and mouth area).
- Let it sit for about 25 – 30 minutes or more till it dries completely.
- Splash your face with water and start massaging the damp face with your fingers in circular motions.
- After the mask loosens and cleared, then rinse your face thoroughly with water and dry it.
- Finally, apply some oil free moisturizer and repeat the same process for thrice a week to get rid of oily skin.
Note: Or simply apply egg white on your clean face using a cotton ball and leave it to dry completely. Rinse off with water and spread a light moisturizer on your dry face to treat oily skin.
Method – 2: (Egg White with Honey)
Honey acts as a natural humectant that helps to balance the oil and moisture levels and thereby prevents excess oiliness. The antimicrobial and antiseptic properties of honey help to clear acne and other skin problems.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 separated egg white.
- Whisk well and apply it on your clean face (rinse with lukewarm water and dry it).
- Spread this mix to all over your face using a cotton ball or a brush.
- Let it sit for few minutes to get dry completely.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry it.
- Do the same process regularly to treat oily skin.
Note: Or simply mix 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in 1 egg white. Whisk it till it becomes foamy and frothy. Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply it as a mask on your face. Rinse off after 10 – 15 minutes with lukewarm water and apply an oil-free moisturizer.
Method – 3: (Egg White with Oatmeal, Lemon Juice and Apple)
This face mask helps to smoothen the rough skin texture with its nutrient rich ingredients and thus control excess greasiness. Egg white shrinks the open pores and tightens the skin.
Lemon and apple are rich in vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates and makes your skin glow with an even tone. Oatmeal exfoliates the skin to remove excess oil, dead skin cells, and impurities on the skin.
- Cook 1/4 cup of oatmeal in 1 cup of water and turn off the heat.
- Let the oatmeal cool to reach room temperature.
- Cut 1 apple into big chunks and blend it for 30 – 45 seconds.
- Then pour cooked oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, 1 egg white and apple puree in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply on the face as a mask (avoid eye and mouth area).
- Let the mask dry for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off the mask thoroughly with water.
- Dry your skin and continue the same process for twice a week to get rid of oily skin.
Method – 4: (Egg White with Avocado)
Egg white not only tightens the skin pores but also dry your skin. So, this combination helps you to get rid of oily skin without much drying your skin.
Avocado has vitamin A & C that moisturize and nourish your skin without making your skin too oily or too dry. This mask provides you with oil-free and smooth skin instantly.
- Mash 1/2 piece of a ripe avocado and add 1 egg white.
- Stir well to make the mix foamy and apply this mix on the face as a mask.
- Massage gently into the skin in circular motions for a couple of minutes.
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water and then splash cold water to close the skin pores.
- Repeat the same process for once a week till you get relief from oily skin and the problems caused by oily skin.
Tips and Precautions:
- Include fresh vegetables, fruits (especially water based), leafy greens, fruit juices, vitamin C rich foods, fiber-rich foods, omega – 3 fatty acids, vitamins (A, B, D & E) rich foods in your daily diet to maintain healthy oil free skin.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeinated drinks (tea, coffee, and colas) in your diet.
- Also, avoid consumption of fried foods, salt, and sugary foods, processed or canned foods, dairy products, and refined flours, etc. why because they aggravate the oily skin issues.
- Never apply egg mix to the skin around the eyes or mouth area, as it results in wrinkles. Also, use skincare products that are specially designed for oily skin.
Try these natural egg white methods for treating oily skin. Follow these methods regularly along with some skincare regimen to get relief from oily skin. Share your experience or queries with us in the below comments box.