Dizziness is considered as the range of sensations that make you feel faint, vertigo (surrounding spinning movement), temporary loss of vision, light-headedness or loss of balance. Slow or irregular pulse, pain in the eyes, tinnitus, chest pain, weakness, vision changes, loss of consciousness, headache, etc. are some of the symptoms of dizziness.
Lack of blood supply to the brain will affect the communication and causes dizziness. It is a symptom of many health problems like low blood pressure, anxiety disorders, headache, ear infection, heart problems, neurological disorders, anemia, allergies, heat stroke, etc.
It is also caused due to dehydration, diarrhea, hormonal changes, side effects of certain medications, stress, fever, vomiting, or other weakness.
However, if you suffer from attacks of dizziness more frequently, consult your doctor for proper diagnose and treatment but if you’re suffering from dizziness occasionally then follow the natural remedies which give long lasting results without any side effects on the health.
Natural Home Remedies for Dizziness:
There are many natural remedies used to beat your dizziness and makes your to stay healthy. All you need to do is to follow them regularly for few days to get rid of dizziness and its symptoms.
Remedy – 1: (Deep Breathing)
Deep breathing is the best way to deal with dizziness, as it provides an adequate amount of oxygen to the brain which further relaxes your nervous system to reduce dizziness.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable place where there is no disturbance.
- Then place one hand on the abdomen and place the thumb of your other hand against the nostril.
- Be sure to close your mouth and start inhaling slowly through the open nostril till you belly is filled with air.
- Hold on the breath in and close both nostrils and purse your lips.
- Exhale slowly to extract air from your belly after 2 – 3 seconds.
- Repeat the same process for 10 times and then sit calm for 5 minutes and breathe normally.
- Continue doing the same process daily to get rid of many health problems, including dizziness.
Remedy – 2: (Ginger)
Ginger is an effective remedy used effectively to treat dizziness and nausea. It stimulates proper blood flow to the brain and other body parts which in turn lessen the intensity of dizziness.
- Wash the fresh ginger root thoroughly and cut into small slices.
- Put these slices in a cup and pour hot water into the cup.
- Let it steep for few minutes and strain the tea.
- Add some honey and lemon juice into it and stir well.
- Drink this ginger tea once daily to prevent dizziness.
Note: Also, drink ginger ale or chew few fresh ginger slices or suck on ginger candies to over your dizziness.
Remedy – 3: (Lemon)
Vitamin C and other essential nutrients in the lemon will boost up the immune system and makes it as a natural energizing agent. It also fights against the illness and hydrates your body to keep you feels refreshed.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar (or honey) and freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1/2 lemon in a glass of water.
- Stir well and drink it to get relief from dizziness and fatigue.
- Regular intake will yield best results of preventing dizziness.
Note: Or mix a pinch of black pepper powder and salt and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice into a glass of water. Stir well and drink it 3 times daily to get relief from dizziness.
Remedy – 4: (Indian Gooseberry or Alma)
Indian gooseberry has a rich source of vitamins A & C which helps to boost the immunity and improves blood circulation to all body parts to prevent dizziness.
- Blend 2 amla’s (deseeded) into a fine paste and in that paste, mix 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds and 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and cover it to leave for overnight.
- Strain the water in the next morning and drink it.
- Continue doing the sane process daily for few days to clear dizziness.
Remedy – 5: (Honey)
Honey contains natural sugars which can boost up your energy levels instantly and thus clears dizziness. It also prevents low blood sugar, which is a common cause of dizziness.
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of organic apple cider vinegar and raw honey into 1 glass of warm or normal water.
- Stir well and drink it 2 – 3 times daily to grab many health benefits, including dizziness.
Note: Also, mix 1 teaspoon each of honey and cinnamon powder (or lemon juice and honey in warm water) and have it once daily in the morning to get relief from the problem.
Remedy – 6: (Diet Plan)
Consuming a healthy well – balanced diet will prevent dizziness and also prevent certain conditions like anemia, low blood sugar or blood pressure. So, choose food that is rich in folic acid, iron, vitamins (A, B, C) and fiber.
- Avoid foods that are high in sugars, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Include iron rich foods like almonds, tofu, dates, spinach, lentils, liver, asparagus, fortified breakfast cereals, etc. in your daily diet.
- Intake of food rich in vitamin C like oranges, bell peppers, lemons, grapefruit, spinach, broccoli, etc. as a part of your diet. Also take foods rich in vitamin A and B.
- Avoid the intake of iron blocking beverages like coffee, beer, carbonated beverages and wine or else limit the intake to get rid of the dizziness and its symptoms.
- Eat foods that are rich in folic acid like liver, green leafy vegetables, fortified cereals, sprouts, banana, peanuts, broccoli, etc.
- Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks or juices to stay well hydrated.
- Consume small meals for 5 – 6 times in a day rather than 3 big meals. Also don’t skip meals, particularly breakfast (the morning energy).
Tips and Precautions:
- Dehydration is one of the causes of dizziness. So, drink plenty of water along with herbal teas, soups, fresh fruit or vegetable juices, broths, etc. to stay hydrated and to prevent dizziness.
- Low blood sugar (for diabetics) or feeling hunger is another cause for dizziness. So, consume something like snacks or fruits or yogurt with fruits, roasted nuts (almonds, cashews or walnuts), chocolate bar, etc. to get rid of dizziness.
- Ginkgo biloba herb improves blood flow to the brain to control the sensation of dizziness or light headedness and tinnitus. The standard dosage is 120 – 150 mg of gingko Biloba extract in 3 divided doses on daily basis for few weeks but consult your doctor before taking this herb.
- Also, eat feverfew leaves or drink feverfew tea to improve your blood circulation and to treat dizziness symptoms. Steep 1 teaspoon each of dried peppermint leaves and feverfew leaves in 1 cup of hot water for 15 – 20 minutes and strain it. Drink it regularly.
- When you’re experiencing dizziness then sit or lie down immediately and concentrate on the immobile objects around you to distract the mind from dizziness.
- Physical exercises and mental exercises (yoga and meditation) are essential to improve blood circulation throughout the body and thus to prevent dizziness.
- Massage your body to boost proper blood circulations and have enough sleep or rest.
- Avoid moving or standing suddenly or driving a car or climbing a ladder or operating machinery while suffering from dizziness.
Try these remedies and tips to get relief from dizziness. Do you know any other methods to treat dizziness? Then share it with us in the below comments box.